Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

PACQUIAO VS COTTO

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e36 318i manual convertible top, 5 speed manual, calypso red/black soft top, cassette am/fm radio, heated sand leatherette seats, michelin mxv4 allseason tires (100% stock) e60 545i sport package, 6 speed manual, sapphire black, 18" 124 wheels bridgestone runflats (summer) 17" rial salerno dunlop runflats (winter) navigation, satelite radio, winter package, PDC, sunshades, wood trim, dakota leather seats (100% stock)

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='1055432' date='Nov 15 2009, 10:06 PM
Wow, so I'm in the conversation now. Oh I'm sure Mayweather won't be no coward against me. I'd give him the edge . All I'm sayin' is if he doesn't agree to a 51-49 share then what does that say about him? Let's see him fight Manny to decide who is really the best pound for pound. I bet you the fight won't happen because Mayweather will use money as the sticking issue. Mayweather won't even agree to a 50/50. Manny is the champ and Mayweather is the challenger now, why should Manny take less? We'll see.
Man to man, you put yourself ‟in it? when you called him a coward. The money breakdown is simply based on economics. Every fight expends a portion of a prizefighter?s future earnings ability. The Mayweathers know boxing. If they had fought six years ago as lightweights, the split would be 80/20 and Mayweather would have barely cleared a million after expenses. And Manny would?ve jumped at the chance to clear 200K. Sure, the Mayweathers are notorious when it comes to money negotiations, but Bob Arum is no saint either. He and Don King are cut from the same mold. But, no worries and rest assured, both camps want this fight. Manny?s defeat of Cotto actually made negotiations harder, because now Manny can claim that although he doesn?t have undefeated credentials, he brings 60-70% of the fan base and deserves the bigger cut. (I estimate that of the 30 to 40% that show up or tune in primarily for Mayweather, 70 to 80 % want to see him lose.) Is 50-50 fair? Based on what I saw last night, I can?t disagree.

As I've said in past posts, Manny is a good elite fighter. He?s exciting to watch and always in phenomenal condition. He could?ve knocked out Cotto earlier but for reasons unknown didn?t. I don?t know him personally but I think contrary to his brutal fighting style, he really doesn?t like hurting his opponents. Maybe he?s seen too much hurt in his life to dish it out with evil intent. Nevertheless, if fights Mayweather, it?s Mayweather?s fight to lose. Cotto is no Mayweather. Mayweather is always in great shape, doesn?t tire, has quick extraordinary upper body movement, punching accuracy and defense that will baffle Manny. Mayweather will not be open and will make Manny work hard to land a clean punch. Manny will overcome some of this with stamina and body movement that tends to square up his opponents. But, Manny is always wide open and won?t have a reach advantage. Even Cotto, who doesn?t have the fastest hands, could hit him. Cotto just couldn?t stop Manny from hitting him. Roach can?t teach Manny sufficient defense to avoid laser like punches from Mayweather that will find their mark and take their toll. The fight will likely look a lot like the early rounds of Mayweather /Hatton.

I?m not saying Manny doesn?t have a chance. What many trainers don?t see is that Manny also possesses very subtle skills that aren?t usually seen in traditional boxing. Like a Thai fighter, Manny trains his body not only for strength and endurance, but also for pain. Pain is something that modern athletic trainers don?t understand and are taught to avoid at all cost. Pain concerns the complicated nervous system and might result in a permanent damage and a lawsuit. Manny also ever so subtlety grapples and throws punches to lower an opponent's defense and set up power shots. He arm punches, grabs and clinches with specific purposes in mind. Although he was consistently pushed backward by the stronger Cotto, his superior stamina allowed him to throw lightly less powerful punches in greater numbers without tiring. If he?s lucky or skilled enough to hurt Mayweather, all Mayweather?s superior abilities go out the window. But unless I see Manny display Roberto Duran like defense, ring generalship and inside fighting skills, my money?s on Mayweather.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Let's walk the talk..

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=dw-p...o&type=lgns
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Originally Posted by Frank5er' post='1055939' date='Nov 16 2009, 08:53 AM
from the article... "Post-fight, Cotto was sent to a local trauma unit. Pacquiao performed an eight-song set with his band at an outdoor concert at Mandalay Bay."
Old 11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

We should start a new thread for "Potential Pacquiao vs Mayweather". I'm sure a lot of people will have different opinions.

I know this is meaningless, but I just looked at the LA Times poll on who people thinks will win. It's a landslide for Manny at around 82% to 13% (remaining 5% a draw).
Old 11-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Mayweather won't fight anyone who has the potential to beat him. - Bob Arum
Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

Here's a little jab -

?Manny Pacquiao is just unbelievable,? Roach said. ?The first couple of rounds, I was a little bit worried, because he didn?t follow the plan. Toward the end of the second round, he got into the program and he made it look easy after that.?

Pacquiao was so good on Saturday, he was singing at the post-fight news conference and planned to head across the street to Mandalay Bay to sing eight songs in a concert.

The song he played in the ring was as good as anything that has been heard in a long time. He debunked many popular theories and took many of Mayweather?s arguments away from him.

If Mayweather doesn?t take the fight, he?ll simply be running. There?s no other way to put it.

- Yahoo Sports
Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

One more from Yahoo Sports -

As good as Mayweather was in September in dismantling Marquez, Pacquiao was that much better. Pacquiao fought a bigger, stronger and better man and beat him into submission.

A clash between Mayweather and Pacquiao would be one of those epic battles that come only once every 25 years or so.

And while it once seemed inconceivable that Pacquiao could ever deal with Mayweather?s speed and defensive prowess, it isn?t any more.

Anyone who doubts the guy now is a fool.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1056010
Here's a little jab -

?Manny Pacquiao is just unbelievable,? Roach said. ?The first couple of rounds, I was a little bit worried, because he didn?t follow the plan. Toward the end of the second round, he got into the program and he made it look easy after that.?

Pacquiao was so good on Saturday, he was singing at the post-fight news conference and planned to head across the street to Mandalay Bay to sing eight songs in a concert.

The song he played in the ring was as good as anything that has been heard in a long time. He debunked many popular theories and took many of Mayweather?s arguments away from him.

If Mayweather doesn?t take the fight, he?ll simply be running. There?s no other way to put it.

- Yahoo Sports
Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='1056020' date='Nov 16 2009, 01:12 PM
One more from Yahoo Sports -

As good as Mayweather was in September in dismantling Marquez, Pacquiao was that much better. Pacquiao fought a bigger, stronger and better man and beat him into submission.

A clash between Mayweather and Pacquiao would be one of those epic battles that come only once every 25 years or so.

And while it once seemed inconceivable that Pacquiao could ever deal with Mayweather?s speed and defensive prowess, it isn?t any more.

Anyone who doubts the guy now is a fool.
you know it!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

What a great fight! Go Pac-Man!!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

what they say!

Quick Reply: PACQUIAO VS COTTO