Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Olympic Opening Ceremony

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530 JET BLACK, PREMIUM AND SPORT PACKAGE, REAR FOLD DOWN SEATS.

Originally Posted by theXman' post='646084' date='Aug 13 2008, 12:25 PM
Thats just a rumor. China being the host country and cares so much about its image (which they had to use a prettier girl to lip synd). It would be a huge embrassment if that rumor was true. So, how would they risk it and do such things? IMO - They won the gold medals fair and square, so let them have their parade.
you took the words out of my mouth . . . i agree with you China has to much pride and will do anything not to lose face . . i believe they are tied with the U.S in receiving medals, correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by theXman' post='646084' date='Aug 14 2008, 06:25 AM
Thats just a rumor. China being the host country and cares so much about its image (which they had to use a prettier girl to lip synd). It would be a huge embrassment if that rumor was true. So, how would they risk it and do such things? IMO - They won the gold medals fair and square, so let them have their parade.
that what I was thinking too +1
Old 08-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by theXman' post='646084
you took the words out of my mouth . . . i agree with you
Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='646142' date='Aug 13 2008, 07:04 PM
that what I was thinking too +1
Not just a rumor...There is documented proof and to quote the LA Times: "These Chinese gymnasts are tiny. Pre-teen tiny. Haven't-lost-all-their-baby-teeth-tiny."

New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/sports/o...27gymnasts.html

"Online records listing Chinese gymnasts and their ages that were posted on official Web sites in China, along with ages given in the official Chinese news media, however, seem to contradict the passport information, indicating that He and Jiang may be as young as 14 ? two years below the Olympic limit."

"A different birth date, indicating Jiang is not yet 15, appears on a list of junior competitors from the Zhejiang Province sports administration. The list of athletes includes national identification card numbers into which birth dates are embedded. Jiang?s national card number as it appears on this list shows her birth date as Oct. 1, 1993, which indicates that she will turn 15 in the fall, and would thus be ineligible to compete in the Beijing Games."

"Yang Yun of China won individual and team bronze medals at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and later said in an interview on state-run television that she had been 14 at the time of those Games. A Hunan Province sports administration report also said later that she had been 14 when she competed in Sydney."

Yahoo Sports: "A number of U.S. media investigations have shown that Deng is one of three Chinese team members who previously had ages listed on various documents that would make them as young as 14 during this calendar year."

?They are using half-people,? Karolyi told the Associated Press. ?One of the biggest frustrations is, what arrogance. These people think we are stupid.
?We are in the business of gymnastics and we know what a kid of 14 or 15 or 16 looks like. You don?t have to be a gymnastics coach to know what they look like at 16.?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

lol its pretty bad when you're too ugly to be put on tv =P but (having seen the photos now) shes not as hideous as I pictured she'd be
Old 08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Contributors

what a shame.

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='646291' date='Aug 13 2008, 09:43 PM
Not just a rumor...There is documented proof and to quote the LA Times: "These Chinese gymnasts are tiny. Pre-teen tiny. Haven't-lost-all-their-baby-teeth-tiny."

"Online records listing Chinese gymnasts and their ages that were posted on official Web sites in China, along with ages given in the official Chinese news media, however, seem to contradict the passport information, indicating that He and Jiang may be as young as 14 ? two years below the Olympic limit."

"A different birth date, indicating Jiang is not yet 15, appears on a list of junior competitors from the Zhejiang Province sports administration. The list of athletes includes national identification card numbers into which birth dates are embedded. Jiang's national card number as it appears on this list shows her birth date as Oct. 1, 1993, which indicates that she will turn 15 in the fall, and would thus be ineligible to compete in the Beijing Games."

"Yang Yun of China won individual and team bronze medals at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and later said in an interview on state-run television that she had been 14 at the time of those Games. A Hunan Province sports administration report also said later that she had been 14 when she competed in Sydney."

Yahoo Sports: "A number of U.S. media investigations have shown that Deng is one of three Chinese team members who previously had ages listed on various documents that would make them as young as 14 during this calendar year."

"They are using half-people," Karolyi told the Associated Press. "One of the biggest frustrations is, what arrogance. These people think we are stupid.
"We are in the business of gymnastics and we know what a kid of 14 or 15 or 16 looks like. You don't have to be a gymnastics coach to know what they look like at 16."
Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='646305' date='Aug 14 2008, 01:25 AM

what a shame.

Isnt that British kid for swimming 14?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='646291' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:43 PM

"A different birth date, indicating Jiang is not yet 15, appears on a list of junior competitors from the Zhejiang Province sports administration. The list of athletes includes national identification card numbers into which birth dates are embedded. Jiang?s national card number as it appears on this list shows her birth date as Oct. 1, 1993, which indicates that she will turn 15 in the fall, and would thus be ineligible to compete in the Beijing Games."

?They are using half-people,? Karolyi told the Associated Press. ?One of the biggest frustrations is, what arrogance. These people think we are stupid.
?We are in the business of gymnastics and we know what a kid of 14 or 15 or 16 looks like. You don?t have to be a gymnastics coach to know what they look like at 16.?
I wish it was a rumor.
It has been the big news in HK all over the news papers.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='646291' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:43 AM

That does suck. And I hope that china isn't using underaged gymnasts..

But I do have to say one thing, A lot of asian people look very young when they are not. Especially girls.

I'm 28, and I look like I'm 21... (I'm thai, with chinese descent.)

My g/f's sister is 26, and she looks like she's 17-18.. LOL.

Who knows. Let's just hope China's not cheating... They are kicking the USA's ass in Gold medals. 18 Gold for China's compared to US's 10 (half of which were won by Michael Phelps and his team members)