Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Nidal Malik Hassan

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i Monaco Blue

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1049326' date='Nov 7 2009, 12:44 AM
Ahsan,

Why do we have to dig through obscure publications to find opposition to Muslim extremism? The extremist voice is loud and clear everywhere. Why is the opposition not as equally loud and prevalent?

Good point, I totally agree that this voice must be load, clear and front page news. That being said , all of these articles were issued to all the major news media.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

The shooter was flown to Randolph AFB, which is about 1 mile from my house. He was then transported via vechile to Bamsey Medical Center. which isn't far.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1049622' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:55 PM
The shooter was flown to Randolph AFB, which is about 1 mile from my house. He was then transported via vechile to Bamsey Medical Center. which isn't far.

Hehe Bamsey, I guess when you live in SA and not in the military you would think thats how its spelled... Its an acronym BAMC = Brooke Army Medical Center = Bamsey is what it sounds like

I will actually be running the emergency operations center tomorrow for all the medical related info coming out of the incident!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

This horrific massacre perpetrated by a lunatic who happened to be Muslim is in no way, shape or form reflective of all Muslims. To blame an entire religious group for the action of one lunatic who happens to be a member of that religion is to foster the same sort of ignorant prejudice that results in the unjust internment by the US of Japanese American during World War Two.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by Ahsan' post='1049464' date='Nov 7 2009, 10:45 AM
The inform I gave you is Islam 101.

I grew up in the States, Kindergarten - College in New York, went on to work in Philli, Dallas and now Louisville, in 42 years you are the first person who as ever called me an extremist :thumbsdown:

Wait I take that back, my wife has called me an extremist when it comes to parking my E60 at the mall.
Ahsan,

My extremist comments were meant to be sarcastic. I don't know you and I honestly have no reason to believe that you are an extremist. That being said... the fact that you grew up in the states hardly precludes you from being an extremist.

I would say the following is true: Most Muslims are not planning and plotting against the U.S., but... most of those planning and plotting against the U.S. are Muslim.

Therein lies the problem! As the moderate Muslim community sits tight and fails to confront their extremist element, the extremists will continue to be the public voice of Islam, and the rest of you will be viewed with suspicion. Right or wrong, that's how it is.

Extremism suggests that there is a base ideology, that is then taken too far. So what is the base ideology in Islam that is then extended to Jihad?

Ahsad, I really do appreciate your input and contribution to this topic.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1049642' date='Nov 7 2009, 04:00 PM
This horrific massacre perpetrated by a lunatic who happened to be Muslim is in no way, shape or form reflective of all Muslims. To blame an entire religious group for the action of one lunatic who happens to be a member of that religion is to foster the same sort of ignorant prejudice that results in the unjust internment by the US of Japanese American during World War Two.
Did I miss something? I don't think anybody suggested that this was reflective of all Muslims.

However, since most foiled plots against the US since 9/11 have been created by members of the Muslim community, it would be a national security disaster to not focus attention on those communities. Follow the evidence and the patterns. If the evidence and patterns repeatedly point in a certain direction, nothing about that is prejudice. In fact, it is judicial
Old 11-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Contributors

before anyone jumps on the "racial profiling" bandwagon, I would like to point out that it is called "statistical profiling" and it is alright. Anything short of statistical profiling is turning your back on potential threats. this is true with everything, I am not focusing this statement on any one group of people, nor is it religion or ethnicity specific.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1049689' date='Nov 7 2009, 03:17 PM
Did I miss something? I don't think anybody suggested that this was reflective of all Muslims.

However, since most foiled plots against the US since 9/11 have been created by members of the Muslim community, it would be a national security disaster to not focus attention on those communities. Follow the evidence and the patterns. If the evidence and patterns repeatedly point in a certain direction, nothing about that is prejudice. In fact, it is judicial
I agree w roger and craigs statement 100% I mean not trying to be a dick, or prejudiced or anything, hell my wife and kids are half Hawaiian for GODS sake!! Just think about it, Malik, Hassan, Obama, ossama.....cmon... It's just... ya know.... kind of a red flag
Old 11-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1049838' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:07 PM
I agree w roger and craigs statement 100% I mean not trying to be a dick, or prejudiced or anything, hell my wife and kids are half Hawaiian for GODS sake!! Just think about it, Malik, Hassan, Obama, ossama.....cmon... It's just... ya know.... kind of a red flag
Good heavens, please don't tell me that you are one of those "birthers" who claims that our President was not born in the US and/or is a terrorist in disguise. The man's grandfather fought in WW2 (just as my great uncle, who was an Army Captain and landed on D Day and was wounded twice did).

That being said, I have no objection to increased surveillance and the use of informants in populations that have spawned terrorists. But some of the comments by several members in this thread went far beyond that and appeared to condemn most if not all muslims as terrorists. And to me, that's patently offensive and unfair.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1049842' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:13 PM
Good heavens, please don't tell me that you are one of those "birthers" who claims that our President was not born in the US and/or is a terrorist in disguise. The man's grandfather fought in WW2 (just as my great uncle, who was an Army Captain and landed on D Day and was wounded twice did).
Nah I don't know anything about Obama actually, it just kinda fit in there perfectly tho

Quick Reply: Nidal Malik Hassan