Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Nidal Malik Hassan

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean about the name thing skele. Can you guess what the following is a list of?

Usama Bin Laden
Adam Yahiye Gadahn
Daniel Andreas San Diego
Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah
Ayman Al-Zawahiri
Ali Atwa
Anas Al-Liby
Fazul Abdullah Mohammed
Hasan Izz-Al-Din
Ahmed Mohammed Hamed Ali
Jaber A. Elbaneh
Sheikh Ahmed Salim Swedan
Photograph of and link to Abdul Rahman Yasin
Abdul Rahman Yasin
Fahid Mohammed Ally Msalam
Ahmad Ibrahim Al-Mughassil
Ali Saed Bin Ali El-Hoorie
Saif Al-Adel
Ibrahim Salih Mohammed Al-Yacoub
Ramadan Abdullah Mohammad Shallah
Abd Al Aziz Awda
Mohammed Ali Hamadei
Jamel Ahmed Mohammed Ali Al-Badawi
Abdelkarim Hussein Mohamed Al-Nasser

Unfortunately there is a negative connotation with the name itself and in many cases there are innocent people that have names that sound alike and they get lumped in. I am gonna catch hell for this statement possibly, but take it for exactly what it is worth: Muslims are like Pitbulls, There are a lot of stories about pitbulls being dangerous dogs, but in reality there are many normal pitbulls. But when you hear "pitbull" you think "mean dog". So when you hear an Traditional Muslim name, you think dangerous person. Unfortunately that is human nature, and it is a reality that extremists continue to perpetuate. If the above list was a list of Japanese names, All the Japanese might be looked at in a negative light.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1049845' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:17 PM
Nah I don't know anything about Obama actually, it just kinda fit in there perfectly tho
Oh I get it Skele -- the unfortunate rhyme between Obama and Osama that was gleefully exploited by the some on the extreme right wing during the 2008 elections.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1049851' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:35 PM
Oh I get it Skele -- the unfortunate rhyme between Obama and Osama that was gleefully exploited by the some on the extreme right wing during the 2008 elections.
Yes, just like Ann Coulter ALWAYS calls Barack Obama "B. Hussain Obama". even as someone who dislikes obama, I want to jump into the screen and shake Ann like a British Nanny and say "GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!"
Old 11-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1049851' date='Nov 7 2009, 10:35 PM
Actually Scott, it was Ted Kennedy, left wing news stations like CNN, the AP and others that cornered the market on this unfortunate rhyme.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1049850' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:28 PM
I know what you mean about the name thing skele.

Unfortunately there is a negative connotation with the name itself and in many cases there are innocent people that have names that sound alike and they get lumped in. I am gonna catch hell for this statement possibly, but take it for exactly what it is worth: Muslims are like Pitbulls, There are a lot of stories about pitbulls being dangerous dogs, but in reality there are many normal pitbulls. But when you hear "pitbull" you think "mean dog". So when you hear an Traditional Muslim name, you think dangerous person. Unfortunately that is human nature, and it is a reality that extremists continue to perpetuate. If the above list was a list of Japanese names, All the Japanese might be looked at in a negative light.
I thought the government blew up the towers and those Muslims were paid off? I need to stop getting my news from infowars!

I agree about the pit bull thing tho, German shepards a way nippier than pitbulls, but their victims tend to live after attacks, and mild attacks usually aren't reported
Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1049856' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:44 PM
Actually Scott, it was Ted Kennedy, left wing news stations like CNN, the AP and others that cornered the market on this unfortunate rhyme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzx5R9_u3ts&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRCyvhQbULc...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWP1pz70-is...feature=related
omg that's fvckin hillarious!!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1049855' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:39 PM
Yes, just like Ann Coulter ALWAYS calls Barack Obama "B. Hussain Obama". even as someone who dislikes obama, I want to jump into the screen and shake Ann like a British Nanny and say "GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!"
Exactly Craig. My feeling is that if someone wants to criticize Obama's policies, that's fine. It pisses me off when folks try to defame him with slurs. I didn't like a numberof President Bush's policies. But I never questioned his patriotism or that he believed that his more controversial foreign policies would make the country safer and prevent another 9/11 (which, I believe, his policies did indeed help to prevent durng the remainder of his presidency).

As far as terrorists go, sure some of the worst have been Muslim.

But, of course, the number two domestic terorist/murderer of all time in the US was named Timothy McVeigh.

Somehow, I don't freeze with great fear when I encounter people with names from his ethnic/national background or think that everyone with a "Mc" at the beginning of their name is some sort of attack dog....

It's just my personal opinion but I do get offended when I hear comments along the lines of "all Muslims are bad". That kind of group blame/group stereotyping has led to many unfortunate things.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1049863' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:59 PM
Exactly Craig. My feeling is that if someone wants to criticize Obama's policies, that's fine. It pisses me off when folks try to defame him with slurs. I didn't like a numberof President Bush's policies. But I never questioned his "patriotism or that he believed that his more controversial foreign policies would make the country safer and prevent another 9/11 (which, I believe, his policies did indeed help to prevent durng the remainder of his presidency).

But, of course, the number two domestic terorist/murderer of all time in the US was named Timothy McVeigh.

Somehow, I don't freeze with great fear when I encounter people with names from his ethnic/national background or think that everyone with a "Mc" at the beginning of their name is some sort of attack dog....

It's just my personal opinion but I do get offended when I hear comments along the lines of "all Muslims are bad". That kind of group blame/group stereotyping has led to many unfortunate things.
I agree. When you hear comments like "all Muslims are bad" this is unacceptable.

Please share the offender that made these statements.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1049863' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:59 PM
Exactly Craig. My feeling is that if someone wants to criticize Obama's policies, that's fine. It pisses me off when folks try to defame him with slurs. I didn't like a numberof President Bush's policies. But I never questioned his patriotism or that he believed that his more controversial foreign policies would make the country safer and prevent another 9/11 (which, I believe, his policies did indeed help to prevent durng the remainder of his presidency).

So you don't pay attention to patterns?

How many people with the "Mc" last name have plotted against the US since 09/11?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1049884' date='Nov 8 2009, 12:40 AM
So you don't pay attention to patterns?

How many people with the "Mc" last name have plotted against the US since 09/11?
spot on... The few oddballs like Timothy McVeigh and Theodore Kaczynski had no religious motive. Their ideology was not commonly shared amongst a large group of people. These guys were loners and nutjobs. What is scary about muslim extremists is that they are in large groups. They have the ability to support and motivate each other from within because they all share a common hatred everyone who does not have the same religious views TO INCLUDE muslims who dont think like them. They are the ultimate hateful, prejudice, evil, disgusting human beings in the world. I equate muslim extremists to nazis.

Quick Reply: Nidal Malik Hassan