Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Nidal Malik Hassan

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by BMRMEUP' post='1049274' date='Nov 6 2009, 10:36 PM
This troubles me as well.
I wonder how many "moderate" Muslims go to a mosque that preaches moderation ?

I may be completely wrong... I just don't HEAR a moderate Muslim voice.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i Monaco Blue

(Roger) "I have no sympathy for "moderate" Muslims either. Maybe it has happened somewhere, but I have yet to see a "rally of outrage" by moderate Muslims to dissacociate themselves from the radicals. This leads me to believe that radicalists proliferate most Muslim communities and the radicals have the most influence. "

PM me and I can forward you these articals in full:

CAIR backs Fatwa against Terrorism. English, Arabic, Urdu radio anti-terror PSAs released (Washington, D.C., 7/28/05) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today offered its support for a fatwa, or Islamic religious ruling, against terrorism and extremism issued by the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) and endorsed by more than 120 U.S. Muslim groups, leaders and institutions.

The ?Not in the Name of Islam? petition states: ?We, the undersigned Muslims, wish to state clearly that those who commit acts of terror, murder and cruelty in the name of Islam are not only destroying innocent lives, but are also betraying the values of the faith they claim to represent. No injustice done to Muslims can ever justify the massacre of innocent people, and no act of terror will ever serve the cause of Islam. We repudiate and dissociate ourselves from any Muslim group or individual who commits such brutal and un-Islamic acts. We refuse to allow our faith to be held hostage by the criminal actions of a tiny minority acting outside the teachings of both the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has a clear record of consistently and persistently condemning terrorism. Yet American Muslim groups like CAIR get repeatedly asked the question why have Muslims not spoken out against terrorism? The fact is they have, but who is listening? This prompted one media commentator to ask, ?Are Muslims condemning terror to the deaf??

The Muslim Public Affairs Council-DC (MPAC-DC), the Islamic Society of North America Office for Interfaith and Community Alliances (ISNA) and the American Muslim Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Council (AMAFVAC) completely denounce this barbaric act of violence.

ICNA stands together with the nation in denouncing the murderous acts at Fort Hood. The individuals responsible for this act must be brought to justice. We cannot and must not close our eyes to the murder of innocent people or any other act of violence,? said Dr. Zahid Bukhari, president of ICNA.

The list goes on and on.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by Ahsan' post='1049287' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:03 PM
I disagree.

Just because you attended a couple of seminars on Islam does not make you an expert on the matter, just as a person who visits the beach is not an expert on the ocean and all it contains.

I have been a Muslim all my life and I can assure you that ANY form of extremism in Islam is forbidden.

Islam has been around for 1400 years and there are nearly a billion Muslims around the world who practice it every day, if extremism was truly what the Prophet preached (as you claim), then this world would have been a smothering piece of charcoal by now. That is not the case.

As for saying Allah Akbar.

Any individual who believes in God (even if he is Freaking deranged) will commonly perform some form of last rights before committing some action that they don?t believe they will live through, be that Crossing their chest, kissing the star of David or saying Allah Akbar.

However, saying Allah Akbar is not the prerequisite to doing something bad. On the contrary, Muslims say Allah Akbar while doing their 5 daily prayers. As a matter of fact, while this lunatic decided to go on a killing rampage that morning, the rest of us were do our morning prayer called Fajr. In it requires us to say Allah Akbar 22 times.

How many times is Allah Akbar said by Muslims daily?

Fajr 22 times
Zuhar 108 times
Asr 43 times
Magrib 50 times
Isa 93 times
Total 316 times daily

316 x billion = 316,000,000,000 daily.

By the way, for thoughts who don?t know, ?Allah Akbar? means ?God is great?.
Which God?
The God of:
Adam, Enoch, Noah, Eber, Salih, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Jethro, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Ezekiel, Zechariah, John the Baptist, Jesus and Mohammed. (PBUT)

Islam is against all forms of murder be that of a single person or a mass of people, however people have often used religion to further their agenda and is not the exclusive to Islam. You don?t have to look hard or far in history to find many people, tribes, civilizations and cultures that were annihilated by Christians. However, I am NOT of the belief that this was reflective of the teachings of Christianity just like the actions of these extremist and terrorist are not reflective of Islam.
Good thing that your religion prohibits extremism... What would the world do if Islam allowed it?

The fact that you know how many times "Allah Akbar" is "said" daily... makes you an extremist!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ahsan' post='1049299' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:24 PM
(Roger) "I have no sympathy for "moderate" Muslims either. Maybe it has happened somewhere, but I have yet to see a "rally of outrage" by moderate Muslims to dissacociate themselves from the radicals. This leads me to believe that radicalists proliferate most Muslim communities and the radicals have the most influence. "

PM me and I can forward you these articals in full:

CAIR backs Fatwa against Terrorism. English, Arabic, Urdu radio anti-terror PSAs released (Washington, D.C., 7/28/05) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today offered its support for a fatwa, or Islamic religious ruling, against terrorism and extremism issued by the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) and endorsed by more than 120 U.S. Muslim groups, leaders and institutions.

The “Not in the Name of Islam” petition states: “We, the undersigned Muslims, wish to state clearly that those who commit acts of terror, murder and cruelty in the name of Islam are not only destroying innocent lives, but are also betraying the values of the faith they claim to represent. No injustice done to Muslims can ever justify the massacre of innocent people, and no act of terror will ever serve the cause of Islam. We repudiate and dissociate ourselves from any Muslim group or individual who commits such brutal and un-Islamic acts. We refuse to allow our faith to be held hostage by the criminal actions of a tiny minority acting outside the teachings of both the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has a clear record of consistently and persistently condemning terrorism. Yet American Muslim groups like CAIR get repeatedly asked the question why have Muslims not spoken out against terrorism? The fact is they have, but who is listening? This prompted one media commentator to ask, “Are Muslims condemning terror to the deaf?”

The Muslim Public Affairs Council-DC (MPAC-DC), the Islamic Society of North America Office for Interfaith and Community Alliances (ISNA) and the American Muslim Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Council (AMAFVAC) completely denounce this barbaric act of violence.

ICNA stands together with the nation in denouncing the murderous acts at Fort Hood. The individuals responsible for this act must be brought to justice. We cannot and must not close our eyes to the murder of innocent people or any other act of violence,” said Dr. Zahid Bukhari, president of ICNA.

The list goes on and on.
Ahsan,

Why do we have to dig through obscure publications to find opposition to Muslim extremism? The extremist voice is loud and clear everywhere. Why is the opposition not as equally loud and prevalent?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='1048989' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:42 AM
A name is not a red flag in an open, global society, Ian. I'm not talking "pie in the sky," but all cultures, names, etc. are so diverse, there simply is no way to profile in that way. That's one of the freedoms those very soldiers died to protect. It's sadly ironic, but the essence of democracy.
I know cal I get it but... I mean ??! Idk red flag?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Jeez I haven't even watched the news today I gotta chck what Phil wrote about another shooting ?! TWIF

(the world is fucked)
Old 11-07-2009, 02:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1049302' date='Nov 6 2009, 10:29 PM
Good thing that your religion prohibits extremism... What would the world do if Islam allowed it?

The fact that you know how many times "Allah Akbar" is "said" daily... makes you an extremist!

Cmon rogerj? What you have is someone trying to share facts with you, because you know the history doesnt make you an extremist. We have to or should be respectful of one another's beliefs.

Nadal, was an individual with extreme views that finally cracked when he was going to have to go to the combat zone and be in a situation where he felt he was in contra of his fellow muslims. It appears he had become so devout over time that going to Iraq/Afghanistan was not an option and this triggered the insane response.

The media rarely gives airtime to the average muslims, but unlimited to the extremists.

What we should be doing is figuring out how to better identify and separate those from the military who have these extreme views.

If you are in the military and expressing your die hard sympathy/support for those we are at war against than you need to be discharged PERIOD! I dont think we can any longer allow this free speech in the military to be so permissive that we have people like this serving.

I dont have the answers but i know that it was a hard day yesterday working at my HQ processing the names of those injured and killed so we could find replacements for them.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='1049418' date='Nov 7 2009, 07:21 AM
The media rarely gives airtime to the average muslims, but unlimited to the extremists.
You may have hit on part of the problem, in this and many other issues as well. Insofar as our media is concerned, we seem to be dealing with a different set of facts daily. I am skeptical of much that I read or hear. In reality, the media is a small percentage of the population giving us their perspective, and in this way they are sometimes akin to extremists themselves since they seem to value "effect" more than "truth". A truly objective voice is rarely heard and the word "context" appears to be foreign.

Unfortunately, when only one voice is heard, all tend to be painted with the same brush. Thank you Ahsa for a considered response.

Lightfytr, my heartfelt sympathy and support goes out to all those in the military family affected by the shooting, doubly tragic because it was an un-necessary loss.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1049302' date='Nov 6 2009, 10:29 PM

C'mon Tiger, think about it. All religions prohibit things that extremists still do. Timothy McVeigh and David Koresh were Christian religious extremists. They didn't exactly follow the Ten Commandments did they? Bottom line: you can not blame a religion for the actions of a few.

How about this? Does the KKK represent you? They're all about white power so they represent everyone who is white, right? I know it's not a religion, but you get the idea. I certainly don't want to be judged on their actions or beliefs just because I happen to be white.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i Monaco Blue

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1049302' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:29 PM

The inform I gave you is Islam 101.

I grew up in the States, Kindergarten - College in New York, went on to work in Philli, Dallas and now Louisville, in 42 years you are the first person who as ever called me an extremist :thumbsdown:

Wait I take that back, my wife has called me an extremist when it comes to parking my E60 at the mall.

Quick Reply: Nidal Malik Hassan