Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Nidal Malik Hassan

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1048801' date='Nov 6 2009, 09:53 AM
Why is it that psychiatrists are [usually] the ones that are nuts?
Kind of like our very own member, Diamond/RWB?
Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i Monaco Blue

What this guy did was absolutely horrific. No excuses.

As an American you have to be disgusted, but as an American Muslim you?re twice as disgusted.

I have never been in the army and don?t know how it works when you don?t want to be deployed, but I am smart enough to know that if I don?t have the stomach to fight and kill then don't join the FREAKING Army! No one drafted this guy into the army it was his choice!

And if you dont want to go and kill why in the F#%K would you want to waste your own!!!!!

This kind of shit really depresses me, my heart goes out to all the families cought up in this crap.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='1048821' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:21 AM
Just found out, RUF, Im moving back to the springs!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!
Good deal! When you get here, drive about 50 minutes south toward Canyon City to see SuperMax prison, because that`s where that nut will spend the rest of his life. I was reassign to Stewart last year, on my way back to the desert. I loved the Springs! Carson? I was Army stationed out at Schriever.

Some info came out today that Hasan sold his household goods and cleaned out his house before he went to work. He even paid a neighbor $60 to clean his empty apartment. (To me) it would appear that he was rational in his thought process. This wasn`t an emotional outburst. I`d love to read what an FBI profiler summarizes about him.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1049185' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:07 PM
No offense, but...

You find idiots, murders, criminals, terrorists... in any race and religion.

So, when you think an event like this gives Muslims a bad name, then, sorry, you are just as much a racist like the ones that DO think all Muslims are bad because of the recent event.

On this planet we all are the same: we are human beeings!
I will never understand all this racist crap...

Just my thoughts as a side note...
While I completely agree that we are all just human beings, there are people out there with RELIGIOUS beliefs that lead them to feel that YOU are not the same as them, and they will kill you because of it. There is nothing you can tell them or do to change that, and that... is the sad truth. Eye witnesses said he was yelling "Allah Akbar" while shooting. You tell me that wasn't a man driven by religious motives.

FYI, type in Allah Akbar into google, see whos picture comes up. First link, yours truly Nidal Malik Hassan.

I am well versed and have spent a lot of time studying Islam due to my job. I have gone to seminars and sat in lectures held by muslims, both extreme and moderate. If you are familiar with the Koran as written in classical Arabic, then you would know that the extreme Muslims are right and the Moderates are wrong in the eyes of the Prophet Mohammad.

The "Racism" line is very thin, and VERY grey when it comes to Islam. More so then with any other Religion or Ethnicity in my opinion. Why? because their hate crimes are commited in MASS numbers, sometimes as many as two-thousand seven-hundred and fifty one at a time, all based on religious motives. I try to accept everyone, but it is a two-way street and it is a battle the tolerant people are losing.

Please don't take this post as me being a racist, Many of you know I am quite the oppisite, nor am I trying to challange a moderator or stir the shit so to speak. I am tolerant, and will continue to be, even though many of my fellow New Yorkers were murdered by religious fanatics. Many of my brothers and sisters continue to die, fighting a battle with an ideology. I am frustrated, but tolerant.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1049218' date='Nov 7 2009, 02:33 AM
While I completely agree that we are all just human beings, there are people out there with RELIGIOUS beliefs that lead them to feel that YOU are not the same as them, and they will kill you because of it. There is nothing you can tell them or do to change that, and that... is the sad truth. Eye witnesses said he was yelling "Allah Akbar" while shooting. You tell me that wasn't a man driven by religious motives.
I know it IS like that, but don't understand why...
Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Contributors

Religion can not be the reason for everything. Remember, this individual was raised in the U.S.. He was a born citizen, so he had to have some western values. I respect all religions, but it can not be the excuse for everything. His guy was a psychopath who happen to be a Muslim.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1049227' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:38 PM
I know it IS like that, but don't understand why...
We never will understand. I can't fathom feeling so passionately about religious beliefs that it drives me to hatred, hatred which prompts me to violently murder innocent people (although not innocent in their eyes).
Old 11-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1049218' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:33 PM

FYI, type in Allah Akbar into google, see whos picture comes up. First link, yours truly Nidal Malik Hassan.

I am well versed and have spent a lot of time studying Islam due to my job. I have gone to seminars and sat in lectures held by muslims, both extreme and moderate. If you are familiar with the Koran as written in classical Arabic, then you would know that the extreme Muslims are right and the Moderates are wrong in the eyes of the Prophet Mohammad.

The "Racism" line is very thin, and VERY grey when it comes to Islam. More so then with any other Religion or Ethnicity in my opinion. Why? because their hate crimes are commited in MASS numbers, sometimes as many as two-thousand seven-hundred and fifty one at a time, all based on religious motives. I try to accept everyone, but it is a two-way street and it is a battle the tolerant people are losing.

Please don't take this post as me being a racist, Many of you know I am quite the oppisite, nor am I trying to challange a moderator or stir the shit so to speak. I am tolerant, and will continue to be, even though many of my fellow New Yorkers were murdered by religious fanatics. Many of my brothers and sisters continue to die, fighting a battle with an ideology. I am frustrated, but tolerant.
Good post Craig.

As a healthcare worker that frequently deals with several mental health facilities, I can testify that the majority of the Psychiatric doctors and nurses I deal with on a regular basis are as crazy as many of the patients. I do not say this as a generalization towards all Psychiatric doctors and nurses... only a personal observation of my small pie in the sky.

So my initial, uninformed opinion towards this horrific event lead me to focus on the killer's profession before his religious beliefs. That being said, I agree with much of Craig's post as well.

I am completely non-religious and have equal disdain towards ALL religious beliefs, including the Catholics that are my mother, father, sister, grandmother etc... That being said... it is hard to find Jews, Buddhists, Christians, Mormons, etc that kill innocent people in the name of their religion. Even the "wingnut" radicals from these non-muslim religious groups are almost categorically a non-public threat... unless you consider, as I do... the promotion of ignorance as a public threat.

Murder... mass murder... in the name of religion (present day)... seems to be exclusive to the Muslim religion. (Christian history has the crusades etc. and it's share of blood).

I have no sympathy for "moderate" Muslims either. Maybe it has happened somewhere, but I have yet to see a "rally of outrage" by moderate Muslims to dissacociate themselves from the radicals. This leads me to believe that radicalists proliferate most Muslim communities and the radicals have the most influence.

In my opinion, this is what separates Islam from most other religions. Islam has extremists as its leaders, and the moderates are in the minority, and too weak and scared to intervene.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1049263' date='Nov 6 2009, 11:02 PM
Maybe it has happened somewhere, but I have yet to see a "rally of outrage" by moderate Muslims to dissacociate themselves from the radicals.
This troubles me as well.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i Monaco Blue

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1049218' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:33 PM

I disagree.

Just because you attended a couple of seminars on Islam does not make you an expert on the matter, just as a person who visits the beach is not an expert on the ocean and all it contains.

I have been a Muslim all my life and I can assure you that ANY form of extremism in Islam is forbidden.

Islam has been around for 1400 years and there are nearly a billion Muslims around the world who practice it every day, if extremism was truly what the Prophet preached (as you claim), then this world would have been a smothering piece of charcoal by now. That is not the case.

As for saying Allah Akbar.

Any individual who believes in God (even if he is Freaking deranged) will commonly perform some form of last rights before committing some action that they don?t believe they will live through, be that Crossing their chest, kissing the star of David or saying Allah Akbar.

However, saying Allah Akbar is not the prerequisite to doing something bad. On the contrary, Muslims say Allah Akbar while doing their 5 daily prayers. As a matter of fact, while this lunatic decided to go on a killing rampage that morning, the rest of us were do our morning prayer called Fajr. In it requires us to say Allah Akbar 22 times.

How many times is Allah Akbar said by Muslims daily?

Fajr 22 times
Zuhar 108 times
Asr 43 times
Magrib 50 times
Isa 93 times
Total 316 times daily

316 x billion = 316,000,000,000 daily.

By the way, for thoughts who don?t know, ?Allah Akbar? means ?God is great?.
Which God?

The God of:
Adam, Enoch, Noah, Eber, Salih, Abraham, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Jethro, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Ezekiel, Zechariah, John the Baptist, Jesus and Mohammed. (PBUT)

Islam is against all forms of murder be that of a single person or a mass of people, however people have often used religion to further their agenda and is not the exclusive to Islam. You don?t have to look hard or far in history to find many people, tribes, civilizations and cultures that were annihilated by Christians. However, I am NOT of the belief that this was reflective of the teachings of Christianity just like the actions of these extremist and terrorist are not reflective of Islam.

Quick Reply: Nidal Malik Hassan