Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

thanks for the memories Lovie, but this definitely was time to part ways....

a lot of good candidates for the big head set in Chicago and I doubt Lovie will have a hard time finding a job...
Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Have the Pats proved that they're a true dynasty with 10 playoff appearances since 2001 or what?

Once again, as it has become the custom, the road to the Superbowl goes through New England. I think they did a great job yesterday despite the defense.

A Superbowl dream match-up would be NE - SF; this would pit Brady against the team he grew up cherishing and if he wins, he would tie his idol's record of 4 SB rings against his idol's old team. Great SB marketing prospect.

Last edited by porsche911targa; 01-14-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Pats looked good...sucks to hear gronk is done...but that team is built to win....

SF and NE would be a great game to see...
Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

I am on the horns of a dilemma. I am not particularly fond of 3 of the 4 conference finalists and feel ambivalent towards the 4th for whom I must root.

I am a Pittsburgh native and dyed in the wool fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, so obviously, I can't: (a) root for NE, while I have no personal animus towards Tom Brady, I do for Belichek, especially after spy-gate (hoping that karma is still magical and that should NE make it to the SB, that they lose (AGAIN!); (b) BAL (mortal enemy of the Steelers on the field); (c) SF - because a SB win would give them 6 Lombardis, the same as the Steelers, and we selfishly can't have that.

So, I am basically stuck rooting for ATL. I am less than enthused at this prospect to be sure.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by one4thethumb
I am on the horns of a dilemma. I am not particularly fond of 3 of the 4 conference finalists and feel ambivalent towards the 4th for whom I must root.

I am a Pittsburgh native and dyed in the wool fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, so obviously, I can't: (a) root for NE, while I have no personal animus towards Tom Brady, I do for Belichek, especially after spy-gate (hoping that karma is still magical and that should NE make it to the SB, that they lose (AGAIN!); (b) BAL (mortal enemy of the Steelers on the field); (c) SF - because a SB win would give them 6 Lombardis, the same as the Steelers, and we selfishly can't have that.

So, I am basically stuck rooting for ATL. I am less than enthused at this prospect to be sure.

HAHAHAHA, I am in the exact same boat as you. I am a diehard Stillers fan. I do hate Tom Brady and Belicheat, can't stand Baltimore (same reason as you, except gotta have respect for Ray Lewis), SF? Eh, I am indifferent, I hated the finesse teams that won with Montana and Young, but I still wish the Steelers had gotten Patrick Willis. ATL, another finesse team, hard to respect. I prefer teams that are hard nosed, obviously.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

hoping for a 9er Pats superbowl....

on a side note: glad we gave lovie and his staff teh boot and like the new hire trestman....somewhat sad that marnelli (the DC) didn't want to stay, but a fresh start all around is the way to go...

can't wait for free agency to start, then the draft...guess that warrants a new thread
Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Great championship round, Pollard comments on Twitter are hilarious...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Theo
Great championship round, Pollard comments on Twitter are hilarious...
LOL, yup. I was dancing in my livingroom when the final seconds ticked away. Loved seeing Brady's postgame on NFL network. Soon we can stop comparing Belicheat to Lombardi, Knoll, Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Gibbs, those great coaches had more in common than just winning, none of them (nor their teams) ever paid a HEFTY fine for cheating.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

Glad the NHL is back in full swing and that there are plenty of NCAA hoop games to take in for the following fortnight.

Without the distractions I don't know how I would have been able to endure the countless stories of the Har-Bowl and Ray Lewis' final game.

SF (going for 6 rings to tie my Steelers) and BAL (the hated rival of the Steelers). Who am I rooting for? That's like asking who I detest least, Josef Stalin or Mao Tse Tung.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by one4thethumb
Glad the NHL is back in full swing and that there are plenty of NCAA hoop games to take in for the following fortnight.

Without the distractions I don't know how I would have been able to endure the countless stories of the Har-Bowl and Ray Lewis' final game.

SF (going for 6 rings to tie my Steelers) and BAL (the hated rival of the Steelers). Who am I rooting for? That's like asking who I detest least, Josef Stalin or Mao Tse Tung.

LOL, I am leaning toward Baltimore myself. The reasons:
1) I like being the only ones with 6 rings
2) We get the chance to knock off the champs twice next year
3) HAte the Ravens, but got a lot of respect for Ray Ray.
4) Much as I like Patrick Willis, he was drafted 1 spot ahead of the Steelers - so F*** him