Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

discuss.....

to kick off free agency: Bear trade 2012 and 2013 3rd round draft picks to Miami for Brandon Marshall...YESSSSS

hoping we sign Mario Williams but looks like he'll be a bill (terrible). We need to sign FORTE

BEAR DOWN

Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i

Bears did not give up too much for Marshall. Plus him and Cutler would be a duo they have lacked for a while.

Moss to the Niners! Will help relieve pressure off Davis, maybe prevent opposing D from stacking the line. One can only hope

Niners in the Superbowl '12
Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

looks like it's JC x 2 in chi-town

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...kup-jay-cutler
Old 03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...th-lb-costanzo

wonder if this is just in case Graham walks...I'm hoping we can keep Corey, I think he's good at special teams and a decent nickleback

we still haven't signed Forte yet either and looks like KDavis is making his rounds...

signing JCampbell as a backup was a good pick up as well today, wonder how much money is left, still need to lock in Forte and if Kdavis leaves, we need a TE and of course another DE along with some o-line help perhaps...

all the mock drafts just went to crap today
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rrnag30
Bears did not give up too much for Marshall. Plus him and Cutler would be a duo they have lacked for a while.

Moss to the Niners! Will help relieve pressure off Davis, maybe prevent opposing D from stacking the line. One can only hope

Niners in the Superbowl '12
Moss

yes I do hope he goes to the 'niners, that will ensure a locker room implosion at some point during the season. I think last year was there miracle run that didnt make it. They will be targeted at every game this year, so I dont expect them to have any close to the same type of season.

The GMEN are still the team to beat!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

I agree there is a risk with Moss, however, more than likely he will not act like a child, considering his contract is a heavily incentive based one and he knows a team will not hesitate to cut ties (thanks to the NE, MN, TN). It would be foolish to think that the Niner's locker room is that impressionable.

The entire D is coming back so I expect them to have a similar season actually..the question will be if the useless alex smith can do more to put teams away after the D's thrashing.

I am not going to discount the Gmen's hot streak run to the bowl, however, getting to the big game was because of one player..and that player was not even on their team... "Williams"; but this is football, things happen. That being said would love to see another Niners/NYG playoff game...last one was insane

Originally Posted by m630
Moss

yes I do hope he goes to the 'niners, that will ensure a locker room implosion at some point during the season. I think last year was there miracle run that didnt make it. They will be targeted at every game this year, so I dont expect them to have any close to the same type of season.

The GMEN are still the team to beat!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...n-michael-bush

Michael Bush is a great pick up. Forte needs to understand RB's don't get big long term contracts anymore. With performance like chris johnson and injuries like AP, RB's are a gamble that teams are no longer willing to take. Most of Forte's yards came from JC checking down to him as the 5-7 step drops, poor WR's and bad o-line only allowed for this. This is not the Martz system and the WR's have been addressed (barring any suspensions for Marshall). Screens and check down tosses will not be as plentiful. Matt needs open field to run, he's always had problems getting hand off in the back field and creating for himself. that along with the fact the Forte is coming off an injury does not bode well for his expected pay day. Him and his agent need to drop their sense of entitlement and their current situation for what it is, a good one...and they should take it.

If forte holds out, I have no problem with a bush>barber/bell rotation. barber is still on the roster and would think will be should forte hold out.....

Old 03-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

WOW, congrats Gene. You started an NFL 2012 thread this early and not a single mention of Peyton (or Paytojn for that matter) AND nary a Tebow sighting? Impressive.

That said, I will be pissed if the Steelers don't upgrade the O-line, D-line, and secondary in the draft. We have a good (and fairly young) LB corps, and our safeties are just about worn threadbare, but the O-line is a mess, the D-line is old and injured, and the corners we have couldn't cover a barn with a moonbeam
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

MWallace want fitzgerald money? thats just crazy...sorry....

no tebow or manning talk as it's been and will be beaten to death.

feel bad for tebow, i think he would have learned a lot from PM given the chance, but obviously JElway thought otherwise, i heard Caleb Hanie took a meeting with them shortly after Peyton signed...

feel bad for Msanchez as well, dude is already rattled a bit, this only further puts him on the block..but I don't think he's the QB people make him out to be, no USC QB ever is IMO...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...n-michael-bush
Forte needs to understand RB's don't get big long term contracts anymore. With performance like chris johnson and injuries like AP, RB's are a gamble that teams are no longer willing to take.
That might be true but I can understand his grievances, AP and CJ2K both got huge contracts when he was already negotiating and to top that off Foster got his this offseason...

Quick Reply: NFL 2012