Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Steelers beat a lowly KC team, however, I would rather have lost the game than lose Big Ben AND Ryan Clark. Especially with Baltimore 2 of the next 3 weeks, and divisional games all 3 coming weeks. EEESH!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Great, now we need to find ANOTHER QB?!?!?!!? First Ben goes down for who knows how long, now Byron Leftwich is out with broken ribs, so we have Charlie Batch as the starter against a better than their record shows Browns team. Lovely, and we are still without Antomio Brown - WR, Marcus Gilbert - OT, Troy -SS. Perfect way to start the home stretch of the season.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i

lolBatch...other hand 9ers looked amazing
Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rrnag30
lolBatch...other hand 9ers looked amazing
Eh, I am less worried with batch in there than I was with Leftwich. Batch is 5-2 in relief of Ben, Leftwich hasn't won a game since 2006. They key for Batch will be using shorter, high percentage passes, he never had the greatest arm and at 38 he has probably lost a bit.

Besides, if Dwyer keeps doing his Jerome Bettis impersonation and staying in BEAST MODE, we should have a chance in every game Ben misses. Come next training camp every Steeler fan should be saying "Menden-who?"
Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i

Originally Posted by pjinca
Eh, I am less worried with batch in there than I was with Leftwich. Batch is 5-2 in relief of Ben, Leftwich hasn't won a game since 2006. They key for Batch will be using shorter, high percentage passes, he never had the greatest arm and at 38 he has probably lost a bit.

Besides, if Dwyer keeps doing his Jerome Bettis impersonation and staying in BEAST MODE, we should have a chance in every game Ben misses. Come next training camp every Steeler fan should be saying "Menden-who?"

What the hell happened there...that was ugly. You were right about not worrying about Batch, did not matter who the triggerman was, they would have lost either way.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rrnag30
What the hell happened there...that was ugly. You were right about not worrying about Batch, did not matter who the triggerman was, they would have lost either way.
Agreed, when the RBs lose 4 fumbles, the receivers bobble 2 passes for INT's, it doesn't matter who's in there at QB. It is nearly impossible to overcome 7 turnovers and win a game in the NFL. The D has been playing the best they've played since 2008 (the last SB win), but no defense can be on the field that much (after giving the opponents a short field) without getting gassed. In the last 2 weeks the D has surrendered just 6 points to Baltimore last week, and 4 scoring drives this week (3 of which started deep in Steeler territory).

Despite all that we still had a good chance to win, the refs blew an easy fumble call with just over 2 mins left on the Cleveland side of the 50. Steelers had no TO's so they couldn't challenge. Ridiculous "no call" on that one.

About the only good news is that Big Ben could be back as early as next week in Baltimore. However, with our 7th rd pick rookie and (5th string tackle) set to start at RT - do we bring Ben back just to get killed by the Ravens stacking the left side of their line?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Sometimes Peter King has it exactly right:

Goat of the Week
Ron Winter, referee, Pittsburgh-Cleveland game. As horrible as the Steelers were Sunday -- and turning the ball over eight times is sufficient to lose 100 percent of the time -- Winter made an incredible non-call with two minutes left in the fourth quarter and Cleveland trying to run out a 20-14 lead. Cleveland running back Trent Richardson ran into a clogged line, got stoned and stripped at the same time, and the Steelers jumped on the fumble. Though no whistle was audible, and Winter was staring at the play as it happened, no fumble was ruled, and the Steelers lost a last legitimate chance to catch up. You just can't miss those calls.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Injury bug keeps biting the bears (Louis and Spencer on the o-line, hester with a concussion, tillman, briggs, and forte with ankle injuries)...jared allen didn't help with that blindside "block"

he better get fined for it..

looking ahead to the seahawks looks like their cb's might not be there, both testing + for PED's....

glad the g-men handed GB a loss....

the 9er's drama continues...i might say CK does look good...
Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gene
Injury bug keeps biting the bears (Louis and Spencer on the o-line, hester with a concussion, tillman, briggs, and forte with ankle injuries)...jared allen didn't help with that blindside "block"

he better get fined for it..

looking ahead to the seahawks looks like their cb's might not be there, both testing + for PED's....

glad the g-men handed GB a loss....

the 9er's drama continues...i might say CK does look good...
Looks like the Seahawks CB's are going to appeal the suspensions, so they will be there for the forseable future Gene.

G-men handled business yesterday.

You're right about Kapernick. He didn't throw this well in college, he hadn't shown much (other than the Wildcat formation) in the pros. Whoda thunk he could play this well. My assessment that he was another Tebow was apparently off the mark, however, as I recall Tebow won a bunch of games last year too - and he's warming a bench this year, not because the Jets refuse to use him, even hie teamates think he sucks - and they see him in practice.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

CK if given time can throw it well, and can run if he's flushe out...

tebow cannot throw well regardless..just runs...

ck reminds me a poor man's rgIII..lol

Quick Reply: NFL 2012