Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1015382' date='Sep 23 2009, 10:03 PM

My boyfriend wouldnt be too pleased with that but he hasnt got me a ring yet. You snooze ya lose. He doesnt have the same love for Tom Brady that me and you share
Kobe's going to be so jealous.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teams win superbowls, not QB's.

Look at the career stats, Peyton absolutely owns Tom.

You can't compare QB's on superbowl wins. If you do Big Ben is a better QB than Peyton, because he has one more championship. Ben is not even close to Peyton's caliber.

Also enough about Eli, the guy is a grade A melvin. His superbowl year he had 23 td's, 20 interceptions, and 13 fumbles (terrible). Defense 100% won that championship.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='1015510' date='Sep 24 2009, 01:37 AM

You can't compare QB's on superbowl wins. If you do Big Ben is a better QB than Peyton, because he has one more championship. Ben is not even close to Peyton's caliber.

Also enough about Eli, the guy is a grade A melvin. His superbowl year he had 23 td's, 20 interceptions, and 13 fumbles (terrible). Defense 100% won that championship.
Agreed, but what you and many others fail to recognize is that P-Mann has had the luxury of pro-bowl level receivers and ol for many, many years while Brady just started with an elite Corp in 2007 and look what he did that year.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='1015510' date='Sep 23 2009, 10:37 PM

We also have to keep in mind: Peyton is starting his 12th season - Ben is starting his 5th, then the fact that Peyton played most of his career with at least 2 Pro-Bowl offensive lineman (Ben sadly has scrubs).

The real reason Peyton has just one ring? He has always had to make up for a horrible defense.

And to the lame-brained notion that Tommy is better because he has 3 rings: Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana had 4 a piece, are you telling me they are the best of all-time then? Both great QB's, yes, but neither is what I consider the best.

OOOH, suddenly I feel a chill - the "heat" is gone.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1015805' date='Sep 24 2009, 10:27 AM
We also have to keep in mind: Peyton is starting his 12th season - Ben is starting his 5th, then the fact that Peyton played most of his career with at least 2 Pro-Bowl offensive lineman (Ben sadly has scrubs).

The real reason Peyton has just one ring? He has always had to make up for a horrible defense.

And to the lame-brained notion that Tommy is better because he has 3 rings: Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana had 4 a piece, are you telling me they are the best of all-time then? Both great QB's, yes, but neither is what I consider the best.

Manning also has played 3 more years than tom has. Peyton has had more pro bowlers on that offense in 1 year then brady ever has. You know another reason why peyton only has ONE superbowl?? Because he could never do what Tom did, go into the opposing teams house and kick their ass. Tom Brady head to head has owned peyton manning. I know its a team effort but im pretty sure in every super bowl Tom has won he has engineered a game winning drive, while the defense watched. Another point you might want to consider is the only super bowl Tom brady lost was when he was watching Eli and giants march on that defense to give up a game winning TD. The drive before that Tom went down the field and took the lead only to watch the defense blow it mins later. Like i said its a team effort. Brady has out performed Peyton Manning in games that matter. He owns peyton head to head. When he had an offense on the same level as peyton he smashed every single offensive stat in the game. He did it all with an average running game too....Tom Brady can line up and tell you the play hes going to run and still toast you. IE. The steelers game when he said he was going to take a poop on your defense and did it.....

Come with some stats rather then just opinions....owned.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1015805' date='Sep 24 2009, 11:27 AM

All right PJ, now you're committing blasphemy. Joe Montana IS the greatest QB that has ever graced the earth. Weeping willows used to be called laughing willows until Montana kicked their arse. They didn't call him "Joe Cool" or "comeback kid" for nothing. Ask the Bengals.....
Old 09-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1016228' date='Sep 24 2009, 04:06 PM
All right PJ, now you're committing blasphemy. Joe Montana IS the greatest QB that has ever graced the earth. Weeping willows used to be called laughing willows until Montana kicked their arse. They didn't call him "Joe Cool" or "comeback kid" for nothing. Ask the Bengals.....
Except that I could win a few games at QB if I had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Roger Craig, et al. My comment was based on the assumption that Tommy Boy was teh greatest QB because he had 3 rings, which is a preposterous assumption considering there are 2 QB's with more. So if you are going to base "greatness" on the # of rings you have wouldn't Tom be at #3? And where does that leave Marino (0) and Favre (1) who have fewer rings but DESTROY Tommy's career stats? Or John Elway who has 2 rings but is 3rd in almost every category and first in comebacks?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1016239' date='Sep 24 2009, 07:23 PM
Except that I could win a few games at QB if I had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Tom Rathman, Roger Craig, et al. My comment was based on the assumption that Tommy Boy was teh greatest QB because he had 3 rings, which is a preposterous assumption considering there are 2 QB's with more. So if you are going to base "greatness" on the # of rings you have wouldn't Tom be at #3? And where does that leave Marino (0) and Favre (1) who have fewer rings but DESTROY Tommy's career stats? Or John Elway who has 2 rings but is 3rd in almost every category and first in comebacks?
Actually, Tommy Boy shattered the most touchdowns in one season record (how soon we forget) and need I remind you that he's still playing and may well win a couple of more SBs before he's done. I'm sure of it. The Krafts are fans first and owners secon and they will do everything in their power to win more SBs. You just have to wait and see. Give them a couple of years to rebuild and then watch NE dynasty II. Yeah, for all that Marino accomplished, he will forever remember that the coveted prize eluded him and therefore Montana, Bradshaw, and Brady will forever overshadow him. What good is it if you always run the 100 meter race in 8 seconds only to fall down on the last meter every single time and never cross the line???
Old 09-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1016254' date='Sep 24 2009, 06:38 PM
Actually, Tommy Boy shattered the most touchdowns in one season record (how soon we forget) and need I remind you that he's still playing and may well win a couple of more SBs before he's done. I'm sure of it. The Krafts are fans first and owners secon and they will do everything in their power to win more SBs. You just have to wait and see. Give them a couple of years to rebuild and then watch NE dynasty II. Yeah, for all that Marino accomplished, he will forever remember that the coveted prize eluded him and therefore Montana, Bradshaw, and Brady will forever overshadow him. What good is it if you always run the 100 meter race in 8 seconds only to fall down on the last meter every single time and never cross the line???
Well said. Comparing career stats isn't exactly fair. Early in Tom's career their offensive game plan was different. They were asking him to come out and throw 30-50 times a game like he did in 07'. Peyton has been in a passing controlled offense nearly his entire career, and still had the help of a pro bowl running back (edge). Tom Brady has never had a pro bowl rb to keep the heat off him.

Im done talking about this....its all opinion. No one is right or wrong. Bottom line: When Tom was asked to go out and pass like peyton, he shattered every single offensive record. He has won more head to heads. He has more rings. He has more superbowl mvps. He has a better playoff record.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1016254' date='Sep 24 2009, 04:38 PM

I actually agree with you on this post. Yes, Brady COULD end up winning more titles. So can Ben and Eli, now remember, even as a HUGE Steelers fan I am reluctant to put Ben anywhere near the greats. Ben is a great GAME MANAGER, meaning he seems to find ways not to cost the Steelers too many games. Which is exactly what we need (and it's also the impression I have of Bradshaw). I am not myopic in my fandom, I realize Ben and Terry had great defenses that were the main reasons they won - not their "great play" at their position. There are a good number of QB's I would place in front of Bradshaw, some won titles and some didn't but they each made their teams much better - like: Unitas, Starr, Thiesman (career too short to be "great"), Fouts, Elway, et al.

Is Brady a very good QB, sure, can we say honestly he's the Greatest of all time? Not really, when defining greatness we have to look at the whole pallet of work not just one season (in this case 2007) especially when that season did not result in a championship.

Quick Reply: NFL 2009!!!