Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

My next phone

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Steve, this is a hot button issue for me because I am on the firm's technology committee.

The answer is yes...for now. We have hundreds of attorneys and senior staff who have Blackberries. Several dozen have iPhones. A very few (myself included) have Android phones hooked into corporate email but given Android's mushrooming popularity, I would expect that number to grow rapidly in the next . Unless we can find an ability to do a remote wipe from our servers for Android phones, we may cut off access and ban them from being hooked into the email. So it is an open issue that we are dealing with.
Just a thought but I think there are a couple of apps that can permit remote wipe on an Android device. It's not the same as having the feature as a centrally manageable OS-level capability, but it might get you what you need until Google builds it into the OS itself.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by swajames
Just a thought but I think there are a couple of apps that can permit remote wipe on an Android device. It's not the same as having the feature as a centrally manageable OS-level capability, but it might get you what you need until Google builds it into the OS itself.
Yes I am aware of the apps. The issue is that in a firm with hundreds of users, we need the ability to have centralized and easy control over the data on employee's smartphones to the extent that it is corporate electronically stored information.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

Originally Posted by pjinca
And the best reason yet for me to NOT consider an iPhone:
HTC EVO 4G
check the coverage map. i was excited about the evo 4g, but sprint DOESNT offer 4g coverage in NYC at the time theyre rolling out the evo. i also believe i heard theres no 4G coverge in LA either. WTF is sprint thinking?!?!?!?
from the early reviews on engadget the evo 4g is a phenomenal phone.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Mel, the top rated, newest Android smartphone on Verizon is the Droid Incredible by HTC: http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/incredible/

It has gotten terrific reviews including an Editors' Choice award from CNET: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...CarouselArea.0

Here are some more reviews of the device: http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/d...edible-review/ and http://gizmodo.com/5520071/htc-droid...ike-impressive and http://www.mobilemag.com/2010/05/14/...one-killer/and http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...ble/10909.html and http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phone...-wireless/3569

But if you want a physical keyboard, go with the Motorola Droid on Verizon. I have one and I love it.

I am in your boat -- living in NYC, I would never go back to AT&T Wireless as my cell carrier regardless of whether they offer the iPhone.
thanks so much Scott, this helped, i looked at them all.. im due for upgrade and may give my son my old enVy2, he has a Voyager and the screen broke and he can only use it on speaker, yet the kid wont part with it.. lmao. go figure.. Mommy needs a new cell.. woohoooo
Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
thanks so much Scott, this helped, i looked at them all.. im due for upgrade and may give my son my old enVy2, he has a Voyager and the screen broke and he can only use it on speaker, yet the kid wont part with it.. lmao. go figure.. Mommy needs a new cell.. woohoooo
So which one is it gonna be Mel?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pipper
check the coverage map. i was excited about the evo 4g, but sprint DOESNT offer 4g coverage in NYC at the time theyre rolling out the evo. i also believe i heard theres no 4G coverge in LA either. WTF is sprint thinking?!?!?!?
from the early reviews on engadget the evo 4g is a phenomenal phone.
Actually all carriers do the same thing. Test a new technology where it will be used but not overwhelmed by demand (like NYC and LA are sure to do). Sprint's coverage in Vegas was amazing, 5 colleagues were able to be on Sprint's little AP at the same time with speeds faster than DSL and at least on par with cable and FiOS. Great little device.
It was the same thing when I was at Verizon, they tested new technologies in West Virginia (of all places) to see how it works and how the network handles the load before rolling it out to much bigger markets
Old 05-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i want the touch screen one.. im not tech savy, but that one looks really cool... my sons gonna get my envy, he just doesnt know it yet
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

Does anyone know if the HTC phones work with the Bluetooth in our cars? Mine is an '07 and my Blackberry works with no problems It would be a deal breaker for me if it wouldn't connect with the system in the car.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 AM
Members

Wow awesome .Looking great.I liked it.I'm also planning to have one.at what price you have purchased.Nice model.What are the other features they are providing.

Truck Accessories
Car Accessories
Old 05-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
i want the touch screen one.. im not tech savy, but that one looks really cool... my sons gonna get my envy, he just doesnt know it yet
So an HTC Droid Increible is coming your way? Nice,

Quick Reply: My next phone