Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

My next phone

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

i have both, and at times i feel like telling Chris (my rottweiler ) to go play fetch with the HD2....pos
Old 05-26-2010, 04:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by sdg1871
So an HTC Droid Increible is coming your way? Nice,
this stupid htc is sold out everywhere.. in the verizon store its 199$ after $100 rebate, in costco its $149, with attachments.. yet its sold out! grrr i want it now even more!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by melimel
this stupid htc is sold out everywhere.. in the verizon store its 199$ after $100 rebate, in costco its $149, with attachments.. yet its sold out! grrr i want it now even more!

I hear ya Mel, it's the same on T-Mobile. The HTC HD2 for T-Mobile is sold out everywhere and there is a waiting list. There are a few online retailers that have it, but you have to be willing to pay full price (I'd rather wait a couple of weeks and get it for $169 than be impatient and get it for $549, no one is really that stupid are they?)
Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

So are you gonna cave and scoop up the Incredible at Verizon??
Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

whats the incerdible? i want the htc droid.. is it diff version of that? i have no clue scott..lol

oh wait,, flash in my brain, its the regular droid right? i was playing with my friends sat night and my g.f had the one with the keypad.. i didnt like that one, but i wanted his, but now i want the htc..lol.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

whats the incerdible? i want the htc droid.. is it diff version of that? i have no clue scott..lol

oh wait,, flash in my brain, its the regular droid right? i was playing with my friends sat night and my g.f had the one with the keypad.. i didnt like that one, but i wanted his, but now i want the htc..lol.

The only without the keyboard is the HTC Droid Incredible. That is the latest model. My phone is the Motorola Droid which does have the keyboard.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by SBrown712
Does anyone know if the HTC phones work with the Bluetooth in our cars? Mine is an '07 and my Blackberry works with no problems It would be a deal breaker for me if it wouldn't connect with the system in the car.
I can tell you that it works perfectly in my '08.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Contributors

It seems like there's a bit of confusion about the name Droid. It's short for Android, the name of the Operating System that Google created and is basically what runs the phones.

It's being used by several different manufacturers. The two most famous ones (for now) are HTC and Motorola.

The most popular phone made by Motorola (which has a physical keyboard) is called the Motorola Milestone (which confusingly in America got nicknamed "The Droid").

The other big manufacturer, HTC, has many different android-based phones (the Incredible, the Desire, the HD2 and most famously the Nexus One which it made for Google and has both Google and HTC's name on it). All of these don't have physical keyboards, they have on-screen virtual keyboards.

All of them run Android and they can all do pretty much the same things. Some have better cameras, more memory, nicer screens, nicer design look/feel etc, but they're all functionally very close.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by DD_545i
The most popular phone made by Motorola (which has a physical keyboard) is called the Motorola Milestone (which confusingly in America got nicknamed "The Droid").
DD, the UK/EU Motorola Milestone is actually sold and marketed in the US as the "Motorola Droid". Essentially the same product, but differently branded in different markets. "Droid" is the actual US product name, it's not just a product nickname.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames
DD, the UK/EU Motorola Milestone is actually sold and marketed in the US as the "Motorola Droid". Essentially the same product, but differently branded in different markets. "Droid" is the actual US product name, it's not just a product nickname.
Aah, didn't realize. That's what happens when you let a gadget blog tell you how it is A little short-sighted of Motorola then I have to say.

Quick Reply: My next phone