Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Looking to buy an assault rifle

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
@mr
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
that thing is ugly and stupid.
What.. the SSG551?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by @mr
What.. the SSG551?
no that pink rifle
Old 10-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Contributors

dont waste your money on a drum. the clips that are used to hold the rounds together cause a lot of jamming.

but yes. it looks Bad Ass. Now you just need to affix a bayonette and get some blood on that thing. If you cant attach a bayonette, some blood on the butt stock will do.

just kidding. but really, if you want to shoot something, take a metal container of sorts (we used to empty take ammo cases), fill it with water and shoot it. There might be a bullet hole in the front of the metal box, but wait until you see the size of the hole in the back!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
dont waste your money on a drum. the clips that are used to hold the rounds together cause a lot of jamming.

but yes. it looks Bad Ass. Now you just need to affix a bayonette and get some blood on that thing. If you cant attach a bayonette, some blood on the butt stock will do.

just kidding. but really, if you want to shoot something, take a metal container of sorts (we used to empty take ammo cases), fill it with water and shoot it. There might be a bullet hole in the front of the metal box, but wait until you see the size of the hole in the back!

i would never waste money on one of those drums. read a bunch of bad reviews, talk about the plastic feeders in the clip are complete shit and if you shoot to quickly they will jam.

no bayonettes on this rifle lol. would look pretty cool but i think im just getting a nice scope and a laser.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

i would never waste money on one of those drums. read a bunch of bad reviews, talk about the plastic feeders in the clip are complete shit and if you shoot to quickly they will jam.

no bayonettes on this rifle lol. would look pretty cool but i think im just getting a nice scope and a laser.
Red dot?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Red dot?
no i want something that is higher powered. the eotech red dots are sick but im not a soldier hunting terrorist. I will get just the laser to mount on the side rail for "cool" factor but want to use a larger scope on top for distance shooting.

any recommendations on a nice scope?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

no i want something that is higher powered. the eotech red dots are sick but im not a soldier hunting terrorist. I will get just the laser to mount on the side rail for "cool" factor but want to use a larger scope on top for distance shooting.

any recommendations on a nice scope?
Oh nice hahah....I get my scopes at WalMart...I'm not fighting in a harsh environment with goats and monkeys flying everywhere so I don't need anything special...a $55 Centerpoint Scope does the trick for me, Red and Green cross hair illumination and all all aluminum construction.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Oh nice hahah....I get my scopes at WalMart...I'm not fighting in a harsh environment with goats and monkeys flying everywhere so I don't need anything special...a $55 Centerpoint Scope does the trick for me, Red and Green cross hair illumination and all all aluminum construction.
I get mine from a Russian arms dealer. He sells shower heads in NYC too.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:46 PM
@mr
Members

My Ride: BMW 525i e60 (private) M-style,, Carbon Black, HUD, MM Interface. And a BMW 325 e90 (Business),

Depends how far and how serious. I do F-Class and a scope for that sets you back a good 1800 USD (Nightforce, Leupold, Zeiss and even substantial more for a Schmidt and Bender).
For general plinking a simple one does work. You need to learn how to dial in your scope on longer distances though. Shooting a rifle with a high powered scope is not by default easier.
Make sure you get one that retains it's zero.. nothing more annoying than a drifting crosshair-center.