Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Looking to buy an assault rifle

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Best weapon for home defense is a shotgun IMO. High velocity ammunition doesn't stop in walls or brick, they may enter your neighbors home also unless you live way out in the boonies. A shotgun has a better chance of hitting the intruder because of its shot pattern.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I think you are missing the concept of flashing the light. It is supposed to blind the intruder. If you are walking around in a dark space, a flash of high intensity light will temporarily blind you. Ruining your night vision.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by stoic1
Best weapon for home defense is a shotgun IMO. High velocity ammunition doesn't stop in walls or brick, they may enter your neighbors home also unless you live way out in the boonies. A shotgun has a better chance of hitting the intruder because of its shot pattern.

True story.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Craig and everyone else thanks for the tips. Ive been reading the manual, researching online, and currently looking into a gun safety class. I want to learn the ins and outs of the rifle Im not treating this as a toy or something "cool" to run around the back yard with.

As far as home defense goes this would be the last option. I think my dad is jealous, he is coming over tonight to check it out. He also told me if I goto a class and get my hand gun license that he will buy me a handgun as a better home defense weapon. I agree a nice short barrel shot gun is the best option but im not going to turn down a free hand gun. I see this as a long term hobby anyways. Might as well start the collection and become knowledgeable in many areas.

I think i did pretty well in picking out my first rifle. I feel I got a good quality rifle for a good price! Overall im excited and cant wait to get to the range!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
personally I would just use my bare hands. This minimizes clean-up. I could break someones neck and throw on a pot of coffee before the cops show up. Maybe even snap a photo of me holding up the lifeless body, like a fisherman shows off his catch. or take a quick iphone video of me slapping the dead guy in the face with his own limp hand to upload on to youtube and send a link to his criminal friends so they can watch it on their stolen computers.
LMFAO
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Contributors

LOLOLOLOL!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Contributors

went to the range tonight and wow. adrenaline still rushing....just fired 50 rounds. What a rush!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
went to the range tonight and wow. adrenaline still rushing....just fired 50 rounds. What a rush!!!
You're hooked. Maybe you can find someone who owns a .50cal - You haven't seen a rush yet!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Awwww sheeeet lmfao better open a new savings account for range money
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Awwww sheeeet lmfao better open a new savings account for range money
she lives in nebraska, cant she just go out in her driveway and shoot it? there probably isn't another house for 9 miles. Only person she might hit is a child of the corn, but they are evil anyway.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy an assault rifle