Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Looking to buy an assault rifle

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010 | 06:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
It really shouldn't, but the gun might jam up the first time it's fired...kinda like breaking in an engine...it really shouldn't jam though.
That weapon will fire just fine with sand in the chamber! but if it jams up because it is new, just remember the acronym SPORTS haha.

Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap and Shoot

1. Slaps gently upward on the magazine to ensure it is fully seated, and the magazine follower is not jammed.
2. Pulls the charging handle fully to the rear.
3. Observes for the ejection of a live round or expended cartridge. (If the weapon fails to eject a cartridge, perform remedial action.)
4. Releases the charging handle (do not ride it forward).
5. Taps the forward assist assembly to ensure bolt closure.
6. Squeezes the trigger and tries to fire the rifle.

If this fails, perform remedial action:

1. Try to place the weapon on safe
2. Remove the magazine
3. Lock the bolt to the rear
4. Place the weapon on safe if not already done

OMG haha, it has been a long time!
Old 09-23-2010 | 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by craigm1841
That weapon will fire just fine with sand in the chamber! but if it jams up because it is new, just remember the acronym SPORTS haha.

Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap and Shoot

1. Slaps gently upward on the magazine to ensure it is fully seated, and the magazine follower is not jammed.
2. Pulls the charging handle fully to the rear.
3. Observes for the ejection of a live round or expended cartridge. (If the weapon fails to eject a cartridge, perform remedial action.)
4. Releases the charging handle (do not ride it forward).
5. Taps the forward assist assembly to ensure bolt closure.
6. Squeezes the trigger and tries to fire the rifle.

If this fails, perform remedial action:

1. Try to place the weapon on safe
2. Remove the magazine
3. Lock the bolt to the rear
4. Place the weapon on safe if not already done

OMG haha, it has been a long time!
LOL you still got it!!!

Hey sis, they didnt have one with a shorter muzzle? For protection in close quarters, I would prefer the shorter muzzle. Basically just for manuverability. That is a fine piece of weaponry nonetheless!

Congrats.
Old 09-23-2010 | 07:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
LOL you still got it!!!

Hey sis, they didnt have one with a shorter muzzle? For protection in close quarters, I would prefer the shorter muzzle. Basically just for manuverability. That is a fine piece of weaponry nonetheless!

Congrats.
Once an NCO always an NCO haha. No one is more professional then I!

That muzzle looks more comparable to an M-16 vice an M4. I wonder if it can be changed. while the longer one will be more accurate for long range, the shorter muzzle will be better for walking around the house at the high-ready when she hears someone break in! haha. either way, a good weapon and still one of the most verstile semi-automatic rifles IMO.
Old 09-23-2010 | 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Once an NCO always an NCO haha. No one is more professional then I!

That muzzle looks more comparable to an M-16 vice an M4. I wonder if it can be changed. while the longer one will be more accurate for long range, the shorter muzzle will be better for walking around the house at the high-ready when she hears someone break in! haha. either way, a good weapon and still one of the most verstile semi-automatic rifles IMO.

I agree and yes the barrel can be changed out . Like I said, for in house use, I would go shorter even if I have to get a after market barrel but definitely shorter. I would put a laser and flashlight kit i there and a double mag holder. That is all you need with this fine weapon. I say laser beause it scares the crap out of people and flash light for obvious reasons. The flash light also works well to blind the enemy if you flash and move (flash the light, step to the side that way he can't target you in the night time). I would recommend a 300 lumen LED bulb for instant on/off toggle. Besides that we all understand why i recommend the double mag holder.

Good luck sis and fine choice again.
Old 09-23-2010 | 08:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
I agree and yes the barrel can be changed out . Like I said, for in house use, I would go shorter even if I have to get a after market barrel but definitely shorter. I would put a laser and flashlight kit i there and a double mag holder. That is all you need with this fine weapon. I say laser beause it scares the crap out of people and flash light for obvious reasons. The flash light also works well to blind the enemy if you flash and move (flash the light, step to the side that way he can't target you in the night time). I would recommend a 300 lumen LED bulb for instant on/off toggle. Besides that we all understand why i recommend the double mag holder.

Good luck sis and fine choice again.
not a big flashlight person. When shooting a weapon, it is human nature to aim for where the light is coming from. That is why I prefer a good scope and natural eye adjustment. If the intruder has a weapon and chooses to use it, he will undoubtedly aim for the light. I prefer no light on a rifle, and ONLY the modified FBI technique with a pistol (shown below) if it is absolutely imperitive to use a flashlight on a rifle, then frequent sidestepping is a given, providing you arent using the light for sustained periods of time. Using the light will decrease your natural night vision though. If you use the modified FBI technique with a pistol (not sexy, but my favorite), you never step into where the light just was. a righty (holding flashlight left) would put their head where the light just was if they sidestep left.

but congrats again! FYI, I would get good with the weapon before putting a scope on it. it will allow you to refine your technique making you that much better when you do get a scope!

Old 09-23-2010 | 08:42 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

If you have an intruder in your house, the last thing you want to do is turn on the lights or a flashlight, you know the house and how to get around, he doesn't. Don't give the intruder an advantage, and for home defense, nothing beats the echoing sound of a shotgun being racked. Also, unless you live in a really gun friendly state, you might get trouble in court for using excessive force with an assault rifle. Even though a shotgun would tear the intruder apart even more. Another point, the .223 will fly through many drywalls before it stops...
Old 09-23-2010 | 08:46 AM
Contributors

If you have an intruder in your house, the last thing you want to do is turn on the lights or a flashlight, you know the house and how to get around, he doesn't. Don't give the intruder an advantage, and for home defense, nothing beats the echoing sound of a shotgun being racked. Also, unless you live in a really gun friendly state, you might get trouble in court for using excessive force with an assault rifle. Even though a shotgun would tear the intruder apart even more. Another point, the .223 will fly through many drywalls before it stops...
not if you use hollow points. then replace the word "drywalls" with "organs" in your above post.
Old 09-23-2010 | 09:17 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

not if you use hollow points. then replace the word "drywalls" with "organs" in your above post.
Old 09-23-2010 | 09:29 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

I agree with everything you said; but for home defense it turns into close quarters combat and I'll much rather have a SMG of some type rather then an assault rifle; even a solid .45 acp is a better option
Old 09-23-2010 | 09:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lim
I agree with everything you said; but for home defense it turns into close quarters combat and I'll much rather have a SMG of some type rather then an assault rifle; even a solid .45 acp is a better option
personally I would just use my bare hands. This minimizes clean-up. I could break someones neck and throw on a pot of coffee before the cops show up. Maybe even snap a photo of me holding up the lifeless body, like a fisherman shows off his catch. or take a quick iphone video of me slapping the dead guy in the face with his own limp hand to upload on to youtube and send a link to his criminal friends so they can watch it on their stolen computers.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy an assault rifle