Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Just got pulled over by a ridiculous cop..

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi All:

I have a few comments about LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers--at leastseveral of which are members here), etc. First, I have never been mistreated by one (all have been courteous (enough given the circumstances )), and I have never received a ticket I did not deserve. Indeed, on a number of occassions, I have not been given tickets when I could have received them. I could say that one LEO was not courteous, but, on the other hand, he could have given me a mega ticket and did not do so. He told me that when he chews someone out he never gives a ticket--seemed like a very fair trade to me. He was friendly thereafter.

And, I am not fond of the idea that a car is worth more than the existence of a LE0. Think how a LEO reading this sort of comment might feel. These guys have a tough job, and, while there are plenty of exceptions (as there are in all occupations), most LEO perform an extremely valuable service to society--and probably for inadequate pay. I suggest that we all think before we post.

But, it is a shame when anyone gets a truely undeserved ticked--which apparently happened in this case. While I won't go into specifics, I know for a fact that some LEO's do give tickets and mistreat some as a consequences of their biases--as do many in society.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='221993' date='Jan 10 2006, 03:36 AM
I just got a speeding ticket and guess what.. I wasn't even SPEEDING at all. I was cruising at the speed limit (35mph) and a bloody *&*@*#! cop pulled me over. At first i thought she pulled me over just to check if i was drunk, but u know what.. SHE CLAIMED THAT I WAS GOING AT 50mph! I was so furious and she said she was pacing me at 50mph!! OMFG i didn't even hit the 40mph mark and she claimed that she was pacing me at 50mph. She didn't even look at me while she was talking and it's definite that she was lying! She said if i wanted to complain anything, just do it in court. She's really one bloody M*@!*$!F*@!$ER.

I would like to seek an advice from you guys.. PLEASE HELP! I apologize for the bad language used, i'm really furious about it and felt that these whole matter was really unfair to me.

Thanks.
Two things. First Ask BMW if they are able to isolate your speed in the X5 computer at the time in question. The best evidence is documented proof that you were not going that fast. Number two: Follow these instructions carefully. http://www.mrtraffic.com/mrttix.htm. Dig out that suit if you own one and prepare well.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Members

As someone who has successfully beat many traffic tickets, I can offer you the following advice: If you haven't gone to traffic school recently and can on this ticket do it. The courts have gotten much smarter about using the trial by declaration trick. Which means you will loose that motion and will have to show up to court (which takes a good chunk of your day). Chances are the cop will show up which means you will automatically loose. One of the posters had their facts incorrect about being able to request a jury trial -- not true. Next you can appeal the traffic ticket conviction and this is where you will win. The court system is not set up to handle appeals of traffic tickets. The reason I say just go to traffic school is fighting the ticket takes too much time. It is much easier just to pay and go to traffic school. Trust me, I've done both options and would only fight if the traffic school option had been used up. There are many injustices and battles to fight in this world, this one is not worth it.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Not sure if you know but if there is any incorrect information written on your ticket by the officer, you can contest the ticket and it will be dismissed immediately. I was pulled over once by an off duty cop (wearing a hawaiin shirt) and he wrote the time of the incident wrong; instead of 1PM he wrote 1AM and he also wrote down the wrong color of my car. So when I went to court to contest the ticket, he showed up (this time in uniform) and the judge dismissed the case stating that the information written was incorrect. However, I did get a 2 minute lecture by the judge saying that he usually gives out maximum penalties for people that speed but who am I to argue with the judge I got the ticket dismissed at the price of a 2 minute lecture!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Members

[/quote]

You're right, I was exaggerating...it wasn't 2 hours, but it was more like 5. It just felt like 2 because I could read pretty quickly, then let it burn through the time requirement while working. So I probably only put 2 hours of full attention into it. But that was a few years ago, so maybe it's even harder like you said... thanks for the clarification anyway.
[/quote]

I recall doing online traffic school in 2002 for a speeding ticket for about 40 minutes. Just clicked through the stuff they wanted you to read and then took the test. Sure I didn't get a perfect score but I passed. Bad thing is not all counties take online traffic school.