Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619472' date='Jul 9 2008, 10:30 AM
Well I mean thanks for the advice, I did not think parking in 2 spots is such a big deal espeacilly at the far end of a non-congested parking, but I guess caring too much is just as bad as not caring enough. I mean I will learn from your lessons () and correct my newly acquired habit.

At age 23, It is my first high end car and I spent much money on it....nothing gives me the right to park in 2 spots but I think I have the right to protect in some way my investment. For some of you guys it is just a lease return that you will end up giving away after 3 years so you can care less about what happens to you vehicule (and maybe after a while I will feel the same) but for now I just treat it as some would treat a Lambo...with love .

Thanks for all you opinions.
He did say he was 23, right guys? OK...I'll cut him some slack then.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I always park on the end at work, and over the line quite a bit. All of the nice cars do the same, and haven't had any problems.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i - Black on Black - Sport&Premium

Originally Posted by ITNurse' post='619479' date='Jul 9 2008, 10:37 AM
Lease or not bro, everyone here is passionate about their car and I doubt very much that those leasing their vehicles care any less.
Maybe it is so.....

wow, this is not a productive day at work for me....lol

E60.net is taking over everything...
Old 07-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

parking at the end doesnt work all the time, I saw a lexus is park at the end of the grocery lot, and when I came out, I saw a shopping cart smashed into its side. You can never completely isolate yourself from some incident or accident. Just live with it.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

One spot, I always park far from most people would park. I don't like it when people take 2 spots.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525D M-Sport

I park in the Parent with Child parking area, which is nearly the size of 2 car park spaces, and if I cant find 1, I park side ways taking up 3/4 spaces.. thats another question to ask...
Old 07-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Sideways?!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i - Black on Black - Sport&Premium

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='619503' date='Jul 9 2008, 11:06 AM
Sideways?!

Hahaha Tex....we found our match...he is worst...if he is for real!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='619465' date='Jul 9 2008, 07:23 AM
If I ever see any E60's parked in 2 spots, I'm keying, puncturing and breaking glass.

PS - And if there's a nice deck lid spoiler on the car (preferrably RDSport or Vorsteiner), I'll be ripping it off and taking it with me. I need a new spoiler.
I got a nice Louiville Slugger, a can of bright pink Krylon, a pry bar, Rambo knife, and a tablet (for writing a nice 'thank you' note) for ya C

In all seriousness, as others have said, parking in 2 spots is the sign of a great azzhole. While the effort to do so only in a non-congested lot, it's still a bit*h move. If the lot is truly that empty, then a far-away spot should afford you the same protection - not having to deal with some jerk-off dinging your door, as you'll be parked in a less-desireable spot. Should the lot fill up, you wouldn't be the azzhole preventing someone else's right to a parking spot. It's a common problem, especially in crowded mall spots. Some jerkoff gets his shiny new car. Doesn't want anyone to park next to him, so he takes up 2 places. Meanwhile, another visitor must spend significant time searching for another spot, when one would be available if the jerkoff didn't take up 2. Now, you've wasted someone's time - and since time is often money, a well-deserved reminder keying isn't right, but well understood.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Members

IMHO, you should always park in 1 spot! Otherwise you are really being an ass. If you don't want your car scratched, pay some more money and park in private lots. In the place I live (Lower East side in Manhattan), I always try to squeeze my 545i in a tight spot because it is almost impossible to find one. Whenever I see a car parked with tons of space in both the front and rear, I really feel like going over and spit on the car even if it is a really cheap one.
Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619402' date='Jul 9 2008, 09:07 AM
Hi folfs,

I was parking this morning at work when a guy (passing buy me in his car) asks me if there is something preventing me from parking in only one spot (since I always park on the yellow line and take 2). I just said that people don't care about their cars as much as I care about mine and that, parking like I do prevents them from ruining my paint job.

He then looks at me and says: Well we all know that people who drive BMW's are all ass holes anyway...

And he drives away...I mean he got me all pissed and didn't even stay around to let me fire a come back (I had a great one loooool)

So what do you guys do or think ???

1 or 2 spots ?

Quick Reply: How do you park?