Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by BMWRINO' post='619422' date='Jul 9 2008, 06:41 AM
I try to find a spot where there is one car on either side and a wall, curb, post, etc. on the other side... so there is only a chance of one other car to be next to mine.
+1, and make sure it is a wide spot
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

Only 1 spot for me. I can't stand people who takes 2 spots, feels like that they are important or retarded because they can not park the car on 1 spot. Sorry
Although i park at a spot where no cars are on the side, i care naturally. Mostley that is a bit further.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I'm with most others here... 1 space only. Common courtesy as far as I am concerned. And also like others, if its a busy parking area, I'll take my time to find what I consider to be a "safe" parking spot, even if its at the far end of the car park.

Having said that, I did post this pic the other day from a recent photoshoot...
(It was a quiet location, so don't have a go!!)

How do you park?-e60net_parking_area.jpg
Old 07-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

It seems like even if you park in 2 spots or on the other empty side of a parking lot theres always somebody that will park next to you. I park wherever I can (in 1 spot). I just like to think ppl beside me will have the same consideration that I do for their car. I do try and stay clear of the beat up rusty 20-30 year old cars. Thats usually a scratch/dent waiting to happen.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i - Black on Black - Sport&Premium

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='619534' date='Jul 9 2008, 12:13 PM
He is right, you are an egoistic a$$hole.
What is so special about you or your car that lets you take two parking spots?
You and people like you give other BMW drivers bad name.
No need to be an a$$hole yourslef with such a reply.

Maybe if you would read the whole tread you would be considerate and less of a moron,

It is people like you that make me want to punch people in the mouth.

cheers,
Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Members

I understand wanting to park in multiple spots because I too care about my car that much. However, parking in multiple spots is like putting a big beacon and spotlight on your car and saying "Please, vandalize my car!" That being said I only take up one spot, but a selective spot. I try to pick an end spot where one side I have the curb and the other is to what would be the passenger side of anyone who may park next to me, hoping they don't have any passengers. I will also try to park next to other nice cars if there are any out that far in the lot, because I know they are hoping to avoid dings much like I am.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619590' date='Jul 9 2008, 01:07 PM
No need to be an a$$hole yourslef with such a reply.

Maybe if you would read the whole tread you would be considerate and less of a moron,

It is people like you that make me want to punch people in the mouth.

cheers,
Nice response. You're doing well on your first few months as a member here. Keep it up, redwhiteblue.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619402' date='Jul 9 2008, 07:07 AM
Hi folfs,

I was parking this morning at work when a guy (passing buy me in his car) asks me if there is something preventing me from parking in only one spot (since I always park on the yellow line and take 2). I just said that people don't care about their cars as much as I care about mine and that, parking like I do prevents them from ruining my paint job.

He then looks at me and says: Well we all know that people who drive BMW's are all ass holes anyway...

And he drives away...I mean he got me all pissed and didn't even stay around to let me fire a come back (I had a great one loooool)

So what do you guys do or think ???

1 or 2 spots ?

Taking up two spots is a jerk move IMHO, (no offense) when I see people I think the same thing. Typically what I do is either find end spots, park next to other nice cars, or park away from the masses all dependant of where I am. that way you show you care about your car AND show respect for other people.

again only my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Members

Parking in two spots is the height of arrogance. Park where there is less likelihood of getting dinged, but you cant deny someone else the opportunity to park their car. Secondly, a car that appears to be parked poorly may have parked that way because other cars next to the space, that are now long gone, were parked crooked. When you arrived, it looks like someone parked wacky because the current surrounding cars are now straight in their spots. Dont make judgements about people based on the way their car happens to be parked.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 9
Size:  2.9 KB

Quick Reply: How do you park?