Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619409' date='Jul 9 2008, 06:22 AM
2000ish honda civic....hahahah
you really seem like an a-hole. why are you laughing??

I have already put you on my ignore list. I really wish you drive something else except BMW and yes I think you made all of us look bad.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i Sapphire Black/Black 6-speed Manual, Sport, AS, CWP, Navi, Premium Sound, Bluetooth, iPod Adapter.

I only take up 1 spot. I find that taking up 2 draws too much attention especially from the haters. Like many, I tend to park far away or find an end spot where I can create space between the car next to mine. Unfortunately I had a bad incident in the mall parking lot last week. I parked in one spot, slightly at an angle as there was a pole next to my space. My parking job actually created more space for the doors to open without hitting the car next to me. Sadly I came back to my car to find that someone spit on my window :thumbsdown: ... I was upset, but nonethelesss I wiped my window down throughly, jumped in my 5 and that alone put a smile back on my face. I figured it could have been worst...like a key or something..
Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I usually try to park at the end.. more room.. or next to a handicap.. then I have even more room.. or I have to admit I do hog.. as I call it occasionally.. BUT.. it is always a far walk away from any cars.. no even bothers to park so far.. always at the end.. I would never do it up close..

If i take up one spot.. then sometimes ill go over the line a lil so I look like I made poor judgement parking and they dont want to park near me .cause theres no room anyway.. lol even though I did it on purpose.... sorry.. I know its wrong..but im from new york.. and were evil here sometimes.. (and maybe I think too much)

One time I parked legit.. and some ass^OLE parked so close to me that i couldnt get in my drivers door.. bet they didnt have a passenger getting out of there own car.. and i had my son who was an infant at the time.. i had to go through the passenger side and climb over just to get into my car.. im sick of careless people not thinking about anyone else.. so that brings me to how i feel now..

Its every girl for herself nowadays.. (and her car) I dont step on toes or piss people off.. I just park far far away..and occasionally hog.. end of story
Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619402' date='Jul 9 2008, 09:07 PM
Hi folfs,

I was parking this morning at work when a guy (passing buy me in his car) asks me if there is something preventing me from parking in only one spot (since I always park on the yellow line and take 2). I just said that people don't care about their cars as much as I care about mine and that, parking like I do prevents them from ruining my paint job.

He then looks at me and says: Well we all know that people who drive BMW's are all ass holes anyway...

And he drives away...I mean he got me all pissed and didn't even stay around to let me fire a come back (I had a great one loooool)

So what do you guys do or think ???

1 or 2 spots ?
what is 1 or 2 spot?
when I park with any car in HK I always try and park at the ends or where there is a post so that I have more room for me and the car next to me so we dont take the paint off the cars.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

2 spots is an ahole move IMO, and only asking for trouble. Same with lazy people that park their cars in front of shops when the PARKING lot is a 10-30 second walk.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

One space for me. I don't think it's even possible to find enough parking spaces to park in the middle of two spaces here in Taipei! hehehe. I've gotten a few door dinks the past year but got those fixed really easily.

See the picture below? There's only enough space between cars that when you go to open the door, you have to squeeze your way in. I think they used a Hyundai compact car as a parking space size reference... LOL
Old 07-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

I agree with the 15 posts above. Taking up 2 spots is not right, makes all BMW drivers look bad, and increases the likelihood of getting your car keyed or your tires slashed. The only thing worse would be to park horizontally across 3 spots. :thumbsdown:
Old 07-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Contributors

I JUST LOOK FOR ANOTHER nice car and park next to them... very unlikly to get hurt that way... it may take longer to find a spot but better off....
Old 07-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by s4iscool' post='619434' date='Jul 9 2008, 06:57 AM
2 spots is an ahole move IMO, and only asking for trouble. Same with lazy people that park their cars in front of shops when the PARKING lot is a 10-30 second walk.
What gives anyone the right to park in 2 spots? that's a little self centered in my opinion.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

2 spots = getting your car keyed IMHO

Quick Reply: How do you park?