Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

This health care reform debate is crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='974763' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:04 PM
Scott, I appreciate the insight. I do foresee a political future. I try to be careful about what I say on the forums, it is always in the back of my mind. I am "growing up" in the age of the internet. when i am running for some political office in 15 years from now and someone pulls something i said off of a BMW forum to use against me, i wont be surprised, but i cant imagine what my future competition has written on their myspace page right now

i joke a lot on this forum, that is my nature. i am always cautious around sensitive issues. every time i do something, i think of how it may hinder a political career. hell, i wont date a woman who has a tattoo you could see in a dress for fear of actually falling in love and being stuck with someone who would be out of place at a banquet or a dinner party at the governors mansion.

anytime i post something i am cognizant of how it may impact my goals. that said, if i have posted it on here in a serious context, i deserve to have it used against me if the opposition feels it necessary. I stand by my word, but that isnt to say my ideals wont change in the next 15 years. I will always be who i am, and stand behind what I say.

based on my past posts, i think i have lost the fat people votes and the old people votes so far.

if the hopes of a political career affect my ability to lead a great life and prevents me from speaking my mind, then i dont want it.

you said it best, "life inst a dress rehearsal." since then i have taken some big steps towards securing my dream, but I wont sell out to achieve my dream. If i dont like someone or agree with them, I am going to tell them... and if i can grab a few cheap laughs from the audience while doing it, I will.

I am just rambling now. I am quite tired and did my best to gather some thoughts and process them through a keyboard onto a computer monitor.
good cover, your off the hook although it sounds like woosie-ism! can we get a future politician to say what he means and not tippy toe around everything? wtf thats the problem w politicians they flip flop. its pretty gay and thats why most people have very little respect for politicians..
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='975181' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:04 PM
BTW, can anyone tell me something that the public sector, ie. gov't, does better and cheaper than the private sector? I'll give you a hint...NOTHING.
police department? (or would you rather hire your own personal militia?)
fire department?
you like plumbing and running water in your house?
if canada decides to attack us would you rather have you and a neighbor defending your house or the marines?
or would you rather privatize all this and put it into the private sector who's ONLY concern is profit and loss.

no one is saying the govt will be the ONLY provider of healthcare, but rather an option for people who dont have insurance. heaven forbid you get cancer and then lose your job, cause it will be IMPOSSIBLE for you to find insurance nowadays, then youll be stuck with a 6 figure bill every year for the rest of your life. consider it like public schools, you pay for them in your taxes and you can use them if you like. or you can send your kids to a private school and pay from your own pocket.
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Has anyone even considered what will happen to private med ins companies and those individuals that work in the health care industry?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='974766' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:09 PM
+1 I want reform because of this lovely young woman who was a patient of mine, who we fought to keep alive when we had hope for her recovery, and who we let pass on with dignity when we realized all hope was lost. I want it so that none of you on this board will have to have fund raisers, and mortgage you homes to try and save your child's life like Julie's parents did. I want good people like the Werner's to battle their grief without also having to battle nasty calls and letters from collection agencies.
That's why I want reform, people who think they are safe can argue in the abstract all they want....I live the harsh realities of this F'ed up system all day every day. Take the image of the welfare queen, and the industrious of all stripes out of your head, this my friends is about helping the person in the mirror.

Goodnight All
hahaha your going to leave it up to the government to save these people! good luck buddy
Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Now look what you've done. I hope you're happy.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pipper' post='975236' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:51 PM
police department? (or would you rather hire your own personal militia?)
fire department?
you like plumbing and running water in your house?
if canada decides to attack us would you rather have you and a neighbor defending your house or the marines?
or would you rather privatize all this and put it into the private sector who's ONLY concern is profit and loss.

no one is saying the govt will be the ONLY provider of healthcare, but rather an option for people who dont have insurance. heaven forbid you get cancer and then lose your job, cause it will be IMPOSSIBLE for you to find insurance nowadays, then youll be stuck with a 6 figure bill every year for the rest of your life. consider it like public schools, you pay for them in your taxes and you can use them if you like. or you can send your kids to a private school and pay from your own pocket.
maybe because i am young and ambitious and strong minded and my dreams havent been crushed i have this great idea about being a politician and holding true to my beliefs and not deviating from that for popularity. I will never sacrafice my dignity or self respect. if i have to, i wont run for any political office. I will always be active in my community though. i dont "need" to be a politician, but if i pull it off i will be the first person in my family since Levi P. Morton and John Morton. Since there is a couple hundred year gap, nobody in my family is expecting me to be a polotician, therefore i dont need to do it to please anyone other then myself (and my future constituants)

i have already made my friends and family proud. no pressure here. i wont do it if comes down to it
Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='975244' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:56 AM
maybe because i am young and ambitious and strong minded and my dreams havent been crushed i have this great idea about being a politician and holding true to my beliefs and not deviating from that for popularity. I will never sacrafice my dignity or self respect. if i have to, i wont run for any political office. I will always be active in my community though. i dont "need" to be a politician, but if i pull it off i will be the first person in my family since Levi P. Morton and John Morton. Since there is a couple hundred year gap, nobody in my family is expecting me to be a polotician, therefore i dont need to do it to please anyone other then myself (and my future constituants)

i have already made my friends and family proud. no pressure here. i wont do it if comes down to it
Well said, funny as hell, but well said Craig.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

is craigm smokin crack this afternoon?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pipper' post='975256' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:04 PM
is craigm smokin crack this afternoon?
its been a weird day, but i say no to drugs!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='975213' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:34 AM
Racist, bigot, ignorant, whatever you want to call it - comments like that are wrong and I think she has lost quite a bit of respect with other members here, not just for the comments but the feeble attempts to defend them too.
Watching Carlos is a different story, you go to a comedy show you expect - what? That's right comedy, give the man a gold star. When you are expressing yourself seriously expect to be taken seriously and also expect the backlash your comments may induce.
no way someone who says what they mean and mean what they say earns my respect!! look thru the words to see the point.. its when fact that someone back pedals and trys to cover up theyre feelings is when i lose respect. ignorant racist or the otherwise...

Quick Reply: This health care reform debate is crazy!