Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

"The Great Global Warming Swindle"

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='404419
I know we are all entitle to are own opinion, but lets not go tit for tat on this one. We had enough of a problem getting the other one solved.
Have a nice day Pete
cheers
vern

Vern -

I totally agree. Its a sticky wicket that would be best avoided. I didnt mean to politicize this forum.

And, I just wanted to make sure you saw my above post that I do respect those who feel differently. The best part about this great land of ours is the right to feel different, and I harbor no ill will towards those that do...

Hope you have a delightful day as well.

- Pete
Old 03-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i - Monaco Blue with Auburn Interior. Sport, auto. Ordered 10-30-06

I side with the Global Warming advocates on this issue, but I drive a 360HP V8.

It's funny how we can disregard all of the information we have when we're driving- no pun intended- towards an emotional decision. I had planned to get a green car this time around, but once I went around test driving, I ended up in the V8 again. I think people that drive Hummers around town are such idiots, but I?m pretty much doing the same thing.

I think we?re all hypocrites in one way or another.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by lllwlf' post='404588' date='Mar 19 2007, 12:08 PM
I side with the Global Warming advocates on this issue, but I drive a 360HP V8.

It's funny how we can disregard all of the information we have when we're driving- no pun intended- towards an emotional decision. I had planned to get a green car this time around, but once I went around test driving, I ended up in the V8 again. I think people that drive Hummers around town are such idiots, but I?m pretty much doing the same thing.

I think we?re all hypocrites in one way or another.

100% agreed. I am a nut about recycling and do all I can for enviromental reasons, yet drive a V8 too (and very fast, at that).

I try to make up my carbon deficiencies elsewhere, but realize I'm a but if a hypocrite as well.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='404608' date='Mar 19 2007, 10:12 AM
100% agreed. I am a nut about recycling and do all I can for enviromental reasons, yet drive a V8 too (and very fast, at that).

I try to make up my carbon deficiencies elsewhere, but realize I'm a but if a hypocrite as well.
According to this article MY 2008 Euro-spec 530i does better than Lexus 450h hybrid. Ah, but we can't have it in US!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

I totally agree, and while I haven't examined every shred of evidence, I believe the scientific community when they say that the connection between CO2 emissions and global warming are real. I think the Bush administration is finally coming around at last, too, not to mention Arnold Schwarznegger, our Republican governer (and I'm for the other team).

Originally Posted by pharding' post='404191' date='Mar 18 2007, 04:30 AM
I believe global warming to be an extremely serious, human existence threatening challenge. For me this trumps getting my favorite BMW automobile. Going green will influence my next car purchase.

I associate people who do not believe in global warming with the intelligence level of President Bush, undoubtedly the worst and dumbest president in US history.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

All you guys that are going " GREEN " and believe the STUFF Gore is saying, are you willing to do your STUFF to combat GW? You know like giving up your BMW's and even Prius and use a bike to get back and forth to your destination, you get the drift. Good luck in your quest.
cheers
vern
Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i - Monaco Blue with Auburn Interior. Sport, auto. Ordered 10-30-06

I don't see this as a political issue, so I really don't care what Gore is saying. We aren't doing our "stuff" (at least I'm not), I think that was the point of the conversation.

It appears some of us believe that there is a corollary between the use fossil fuels and climate change. And yes, even with this belief, I ended up buying a big V8.

As for the documentary, it had some big names like climate scientist Carl Wunsch who is considering legal action after seeing the documentary saying he was ?duped? into appearing. It presented some great strawman arguments, and it had excellent production quality.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by lllwlf' post='405645' date='Mar 22 2007, 11:49 AM
I don't see this as a political issue, so I really don't care what Gore is saying. We aren't doing our "stuff" (at least I'm not), I think that was the point of the conversation.

It appears some of us believe that there is a corollary between the use fossil fuels and climate change. And yes, even with this belief, I ended up buying a big V8.

As for the documentary, it had some big names like climate scientist Carl Wunsch who is considering legal action after seeing the documentary saying he was ?duped? into appearing. It presented some great strawman arguments, and it had excellent production quality.
If its not a political issue why is Gore trying to use GW as a steping stone to further his political ambitions, (goal) ?
cheers
vern
Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Cool new photos of sun spots from a new Japanese space mission. As a scale reference point, those spikes reach up a mere 5 miles from the surface. So, of course, there's no way the sun should affect weather here on earth.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='405709' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:26 PM
Cool new photos of sun spots from a new Japanese space mission. As a scale reference point, those spikes reach up a mere 5 miles from the surface. So, of course, there's no way the sun should affect weather here on earth.
You ARE joking, right?

Quick Reply: "The Great Global Warming Swindle"