Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Formula 1, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='946380' date='Jul 19 2009, 05:06 PM
And all he did was match the 2 time & defending World Champion on points and was 1 point behind the winner.

Nor was it down to the standard of

McLaren-Mercedes
Jordan-Peugeot
Ligier-Mugen-Honda
Sauber-Ford
Tyrrell-Yamaha
Footwork-Hart
Minardi-Ford
Forti-Ford

as you would have us believe.

Also, in the 4 years prior to the arrival of Brawn, Bryne, M.S. & the core of Benetton's engineers in 1996, Ferrari never finished worst than 4th in the Constructors Championship, 3rd in 94 & 95 (with 'stellar' drivers Jean Alesi, Ivan Capelli & Gerhard Berger).....I think the boys at Jordan would have been shocked to know they were on par with Ferrari.
In 1995 Alesi & Berger finished 5th & 6th in the Championship behind Benetton & Williams.
They had:-
Poles-1
Wins-1
Podiums-11
Top 4 Qualifying-16
Top 5 Finishes- 17
Fastest Lap-3
So spin all you want, Ferrari of that time period was way above average.
if it makes you happy to think MS was in a great car and hence his records, so be it. Thats up to you. For me, if you really want to see where ferrari was at the time of his entry into the team, study what the team mate could do with the car. That there would have been the true standard of Ferrari.

cheers

Ps: Anyone here a follower of John Surtees? His son died today while racing in f2. was watching the action as it happened. It must be sad for the dad to see his child go before he has. I can't even imagine how he must be feeling. Sigh!
Take care guys...

Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Senior Members

And so, let the b!tching begin for the throne.

Vatanen continues Todt assault.. [ Linky ]

"Ari Vatanen's aggressive campaign against Jean Todt has continued with the Finn accusing his rival of running a FIA-funded campaign...."

AND,...

Todt camp hit back at Vatanen.. [ Linky ]

Whats going on. Why does Ari have to bring in ms.Yeoh into the equation. I like her. Pretty much a decent person. In fact Todt is a great guy. He gives his best in what ever he does and as president, I have no issue with it.

I don't also have an issue with Ari being president but when the man start acting like a woman (bitching), then he starts losing some brownie points.

Both ought to just get on with it and see who gets voted in but stop the nonsense. We have had enough of this F1 Soap opera for a life time and we don't need anymore.!

I hope Ari stops it. I have always respect the man for his racing ability. He is tarnishing it now.

cheers
Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

Also,....

Alonso the 'logical' choice for Ferrari.. [ Linky ]

"Fernando Alonso is the best driver in the world currently. If I had any input with Ferrari I would put him under contract immediately, and I suspect they see it exactly the same way"

A few years back I would have said no way!! But seeing how the team has lost the ball with their current setup, it would certainly do them good to bring alonso in. Kimi (although I like the guy) just isn't the kind of guy to motivate a team. All he wants is the car to be handed over and he will do his best. As for knowing each individual team member and their families or putting extra hours at the test bench... I doubt he would. He prefers his boat and vodka!

Now though, I have to say.... Willi Webber is right.

cheers

ps: young Vettel would be good replacement for massa.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

Anyone here know much about this guy, Jaime Alguersuari? He will be joining Toro Rosso for the next race. I am not sure how good he has been so far. Would appreciate if anyone here who has followed this young mans race career to date will help share some of it with me.

thanks
cheers
Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Senior Members

Oh Dear.. Poor massa.

[ Linky ]

I hope he gets better ASAP. How unlucky is that. Not sure what happened but his helmet looks bad enough. Thankfully it wasn't a tyre like in Henry Surtees case.

I wonder if he will be able to race tomorrow. If he can't I would love for Ferrari to ask Michael Schumacher to step in. Even if he races at the last position, I would more excited to watch that than the rest of the procession that takes place. Wow.!! Schumi back behind the wheel.

Anyway I know that will never happen so 1 minute of "stiffy" dreaming comes to an end now.

Get well Massa.

cheers
Old 07-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='954127' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:38 AM
Oh Dear.. Poor massa.

I hope he gets better ASAP. How unlucky is that. Not sure what happened but his helmet looks bad enough. Thankfully it wasn't a tyre like in Henry Surtees case.

I wonder if he will be able to race tomorrow.
Apparently his injuries are pretty bad.

From what I have read, he has life threatening injuries.

He has facial cuts, brain concussion, and skull fractures.

He had surgery and is in intensive care.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='954328' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:40 PM
Apparently his injuries are pretty bad.

From what I have read, he has life threatening injuries.

He has facial cuts, brain concussion, and skull fractures.

He had surgery and is in intensive care.
You are right. Early reports were not clear. check these shots out.... It hit his helmet and has sustained bad injuries as you mention.

I hope he gets back to normal ASAP. I really like massa. Very decent man. His eye injury looks bad also. I am hoping no bad news through the night but a good recovery.

cheers
Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='954355' date='Jul 25 2009, 06:30 PM
You are right. Early reports were not clear. check these shots out.... It hit his helmet and has sustained bad injuries as you mention.
I hope he gets back to normal ASAP. I really like massa. Very decent man. His eye injury looks bad also. I am hoping no bad news through the night but a good recovery.

cheers
+1 Really hope for a speedy recovery and return to racing.

I have concerns about this pic though, raccoon eye (black eye) in a patient that was not struck directly in the eye suggest significant blunt force trauma to head and possible brain injury, concussion, contusion &/or bleeding in that left frontal lobe area.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='954558' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:40 PM
+1 Really hope for a speedy recovery and return to racing.

I have concerns about this pic though, raccoon eye (black eye) in a patient that was not struck directly in the eye suggest significant blunt force trauma to head and possible brain injury, concussion, contusion &/or bleeding in that left frontal lobe area.
I have been thinking of the SAME thing. I hope there is nothing wrong as mentioned.

cheers
Old 07-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I just couldn't enjoy the race today knowing of Massa's injury. Two freak accidents of this nature within a week of each other is unsettling. That photo above with the glazed eye was one I had seen earlier and it's just a haunting image. What are the odds?

Congrats to Hamilton, Kimi, and Webber on a great effort today.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Felipe.

Quick Reply: Formula 1, 2009