Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

FL Pastor burns Quran - Afgans kill 10 UN workers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
...When I write a paper in class, I dont hand it in and tell the teacher "Hey fuckface, here is my paper. I didnt provide sources, that is your job to confirm what I wrote."...
unless it is on WMD's in, say, Iran, right?

Craig, dude, leave this poor guy alone For sure, you're 1,000% spot-on about sources needing to be cited. But let's face it, the real problem in the world is beyond lack of credibility - we've gone and built a whole fantasy world of deception and warfare on the basis of unsubstantiated claims. We need to start unfucking all of this shit, or it will end our way of life once and for all one day. There's no time to waste on small-time sibling rivalry - the real problems are not getting any smaller. Threats are still there and the forces behind the threats seem to only grow, regardless of any official course of action taken by governments world-wide. It has morphed into a Global social problem, and hypothetically, if not stopped, it can grow into a world-wide civil war; complete with all types of ethnic cleansing, religion-based executions, etc etc etc. Do you really think this guy is anything to worry about? He's either right or wrong - in either case, he's not one of the bad guys. Somewhat misinformed, misguided - yes, but that's all of us these days. Real information is scarce and disinformation is everywhere - it is only natural that there are millions of confused individuals out there, very concerned, but don't know what to even think - let alone do about it. We should try to educate people on what is really going on in places, where not all of us have the sight to see for ourselves, and let them draw own conclusions. At least, that's the best I can come up with - you'll probably have a clearer idea on how to deal with this situation, and I welcome any and all thoughts from you.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
unless it is on WMD's in, say, Iran, right?

Craig, dude, leave this poor guy alone For sure, you're 1,000% spot-on about sources needing to be cited. But let's face it, the real problem in the world is beyond lack of credibility - we've gone and built a whole fantasy world of deception and warfare on the basis of unsubstantiated claims. We need to start unfucking all of this shit, or it will end our way of life once and for all one day. There's no time to waste on small-time sibling rivalry - the real problems are not getting any smaller. Threats are still there and the forces behind the threats seem to only grow, regardless of any official course of action taken by governments world-wide. It has morphed into a Global social problem, and hypothetically, if not stopped, it can grow into a world-wide civil war; complete with all types of ethnic cleansing, religion-based executions, etc etc etc. Do you really think this guy is anything to worry about? He's either right or wrong - in either case, he's not one of the bad guys. Somewhat misinformed, misguided - yes, but that's all of us these days. Real information is scarce and disinformation is everywhere - it is only natural that there are millions of confused individuals out there, very concerned, but don't know what to even think - let alone do about it. We should try to educate people on what is really going on in places, where not all of us have the sight to see for ourselves, and let them draw own conclusions. At least, that's the best I can come up with - you'll probably have a clearer idea on how to deal with this situation, and I welcome any and all thoughts from you.
Going back to the main problem here, which is religious rivalry, there is no real solution for. Some of the greatest minds in our country have been looking for a solution for years. The problem is we are attempting to combat an ideology of people who are willing to die for their cause and place no value on human life whatsoever. This makes them very scary, and in reality, undefeatble. The are not willing to co-exist in peace. If we just stay here and mind our business, they are going to fly planes into our buildings, which happened as most of the country has seemed to have forgotten. They hate Christians and they hate Jews. They hate everyone who is not Muslim, and think they are going Gods work by killing non-Muslims. Some of them even think they are doing Gods work by killing moderate Muslims, or Muslims with a different interpretation of history (Shi'a/Sunni conflict).

Muslim extremists pose the most significant threat to society. Jews and Christians are responsible for wrong doing as well, but we have evolved so much in the past couple of thousands of years. Muslims beliefs sometimes can be archaic and barbaric, as we see with the extremists. Additionally, we do not know how many actually align themselves under extremist ideology. It is more than we think. Some are not willing to admit it, some are not willing to participate, and many agree with extremists, although not participants of the jihad, and not willing to shun the actions of the seemingly few.

The Muslim faith and terrorist organizations are difficult to understand, and I believe most people dont. Most people couldnt tell you the difference between the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Hizbollah, Al Shabaab, etc. They also cannot tell you the difference between Sunni and Shi'a, Kawarij, and the 20-30 sub sects of each. Most Americans are ignorant and spew garbage without understanding what they are talking about. I respect that, as it is a difficult faith to understand, and if you are religious yourself, you are close-minded to begin with and view the religion with a bias.

I am an Athiest, and view all religions without bias. I have studied Islam for years based on my line of work. I have also studied other religions out of curiousity. I was a Christian until I started to see how rediculous all of the religions were, and that Islam was not the exception, and all of the others were normal, like most Christains and Jews think. Hell, Christianity is just as off-the-wall as Scientology. Christians have ZERO room to poke fun at Mormons, Scientologists, Wiccans, etc.

All of this said- is what I am getting at is that religion is extremely difficult to understand, and you cant change peoples ideology with words or bullets, whether you think they are right or wrong. It is every individuals responsibility to enlighten themselves. Some dont have the capibility, some dont have the resources, but WE cannot attempt to change the hearts and minds of others who are so set in their ways. Christians think Muslims are wrong, Muslims think Christians are wrong- it is just that some muslims are willing to kill for their god, most think it is okay, but are not willing to do it themseleves.

The problem here is RELIGION. Shit- we could all convert to Islam and then they would be happy. Or we can kill them all and say it wasnt under religious pretenses. Neither is going to happen. All we are doing is continuing to fight a religion, calling it a war on terror. Fact being that is IS A WAR ON ISLAMIC EXTREMISM. And every time we kill a islamic extremist, we make another Muslim angry enough that he goes from "moderate" to "extreme" for killing a muslim and is now willing to join the jihad and die for his ideology. There is a never ending supply of jihadists. Just takes a breaking point to convert them from "moderate".

This is a no-win situation. And the PROBLEM is RELIGION.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

OK Gentlemen,

time to stop this, now!

Whoever wants to burn whatever... If no one would talk about... If no TV camera would be there... well... it wouldn't be a problem!
So, stop this conversation right here and now!

Thank you!

Something you don't want is discussions about politics and/or religion in a car forum...
Old 04-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Name:  gelb.gif
Views: 11
Size:  1.2 KB
Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Iceman
Something you don't want is discussions about politics and/or religion in a car forum...
But Poo Munching is OK...
Old 04-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by kscarrol
LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

ONLY ON THURSDAYS DURING A FULL MOON, GET IT RIGHT!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman
OK Gentlemen,

time to stop this, now!

Whoever wants to burn whatever... If no one would talk about... If no TV camera would be there... well... it wouldn't be a problem!
So, stop this conversation right here and now!

Thank you!

That is the problem with religion. Nobody wants to talk about it because people get offended. it is so silly

That is why we will never advance as a human race. People are unwilling to hear out what others have to say if it isn't in-line with their personal beliefs. Time to expand our minds people.

I liked the one with the picture of a girl that had someone poop on her face. I was definately thinking, "I want to see a teenage girl with human excrement on her face, a young sleeping girl with a mans bowel movement on her face, better head on down to a BMW website."
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

What about N62's as a religion?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
What about N62's as a religion?

I'll burn your N62, it's all about the M54 baby!!!

Quick Reply: FL Pastor burns Quran - Afgans kill 10 UN workers