Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

FL Pastor burns Quran - Afgans kill 10 UN workers

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

http://www.rttnews.c...Id=1589548&SM=1

Not saying ANYONE is right in this situation, but I would MUCH rather prefer a fanatic pastor get "sacrificed", than 10 people get killed by an angry mob... people, who had NOTHING to do with this! What does UN have to do with this idiot in Florida?! And why are we allowing this stupid fuck to continue to do this? How many American soldiers' deaths is this asshole going to cause? And who's rallying up these protesters? Who's behind? How long are we just going to keep our heads in the sand, while things are obviously being done behind the scenes to feed this hatred?

When are people gonna wake up and realize that all this bickering between each other is just noise to feed the system, that is on the verge of annihilating us, as species...

RIP
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

I suppose, for them, the population of the world is lumped into 2 categories, western imperialists, and non. (I'm not advocating this)

As for "when are people going to wake up" .... Unfortunately.... You know what Im going to say...
Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
I suppose, for them, the population of the world is lumped into 2 categories, western imperialists, and non. (I'm not advocating this)

As for "when are people going to wake up" .... Unfortunately.... You know what Im going to say...
Incorrect. It is devout muslims and everyone else.

There is a problem here, and this is a problem set I work EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE... The pastor is merely excercising his freedom of expression. Now- I think all religious people are a little crazy. It is just a book. Burn the bible, burn the torah too, makes no difference.

The problem here is that Muslims, specifically more extreme ones, retaliate with violence. They place little to no value on human life, but know that others do, therefore retaliate by killing, with little care for what happens to them, knowing (thinking) that if they kill people in the name of Islam, they are doing good. In this instance, in retaliation for the book burning. This is why they are TERRORISTS. They use fear to attain their goals and objectives, which are purely motivated by religion.

So... I pose this question. At what point to we concede and tell an American his first amendment rights are being revoked because of fear? We live in a pretty shitty world, and all of this pain and killing and hate stems from religious beliefs. I think the pastor is a moron, because there is no need to incite a problem, but who are you to say he is right or wrong for burning the Koran? Who are you to say the Muslims are right or wrong for killing Christians or Jews?

For those of you who insist on god being real... you better hope that they arent right. Because if you are not out there killing in the name of Islam... no heaven for you!

Or you could be like me and think they are all crazy and just enjoy life

(Note: all of this said, I dont advocate the burning of anyones sacred book. While I do believe that they are all quite hilarious, I respect peoples beliefs. And for those of you who are Christian or Jews and think your book is less rediculous than the Koran, you are mistaken, as I have studied all three. The Torah is easy, it is basically the old testament.)
Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Incorrect. It is devout muslims and everyone else.

There is a problem here, and this is a problem set I work EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE... The pastor is merely excercising his freedom of expression. Now- I think all religious people are a little crazy. It is just a book. Burn the bible, burn the torah too, makes no difference.

The problem here is that Muslims, specifically more extreme ones, retaliate with violence. They place little to no value on human life, but know that others do, therefore retaliate by killing, with little care for what happens to them, knowing (thinking) that if they kill people in the name of Islam, they are doing good. In this instance, in retaliation for the book burning. This is why they are TERRORISTS. They use fear to attain their goals and objectives, which are purely motivated by religion.

So... I pose this question. At what point to we concede and tell an American his first amendment rights are being revoked because of fear? We live in a pretty shitty world, and all of this pain and killing and hate stems from religious beliefs. I think the pastor is a moron, because there is no need to incite a problem, but who are you to say he is right or wrong for burning the Koran? Who are you to say the Muslims are right or wrong for killing Christians or Jews?

For those of you who insist on god being real... you better hope that they arent right. Because if you are not out there killing in the name of Islam... no heaven for you!

Or you could be like me and think they are all crazy and just enjoy life

(Note: all of this said, I dont advocate the burning of anyones sacred book. While I do believe that they are all quite hilarious, I respect peoples beliefs. And for those of you who are Christian or Jews and think your book is less rediculous than the Koran, you are mistaken, as I have studied all three. The Torah is easy, it is basically the old testament.)
I don't believe there's a universally applicable answer.. No way to stop the "instigation & retaliation", short of suppressing people's liberties.. Very difficult subject to approach.. I'd just do what you said

just enjoy life
Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Craig, I completely diagree. This whole Christian idea of being literally "holier than thou" compared to other religions doesn't help things at all. Especially when the bible is responsible for more death and suffering than any terrorist ever dreamed (don't believe me? Ask an Aztec,oh that's right you can't they were slaughtered for 2 reasons, gold and they refused to convert).

"Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

"Psalms 137:9 Blessed shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Think those are from the Quran? Think again. And yet, morons like that pastor thinks they are the savages.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Craig, I completely diagree. This whole Christian idea of being literally "holier than thou" compared to other religions doesn't help things at all. Especially when the bible is responsible for more death and suffering than any terrorist ever dreamed (don't believe me? Ask an Aztec,oh that's right you can't they were slaughtered for 2 reasons, gold and they refused to convert).

"Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

"Psalms 137:9 Blessed shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Think those are from the Quran? Think again. And yet, morons like that pastor thinks they are the savages.

I said the bible is crazy too. at the end. Christians arent acting out in todays "sophisticated society" (In contrast with thousands of years, even hundreds of years ago). Maybe the Christians better get on board with doing what the good book says if they truly believe. Or should we just leave the devout beliefs to the muslims?

I used to be a Christian. Working the Islamic extremist problem set for the past 8 years, and realizing that they arent much different than anyone else, and to see that some of their beliefs even make more sense than things like jonah living inside of a fish, I just denounced religion all together. It has given me a clear head to make me very unbiased and good at what I do.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Religion appears to be the root of all evil, as illustrated in this clip:

Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Religion appears to be the root of all evil, as illustrated in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ph3JiEsJM4
Bout sums it up...

Lol everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and there is no universal answer. It's a crazy f*cked up world and that's that. Best you can do is to choose your own paths, defend your own rights and beliefs, and keep it at that. Do your own thing.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
Bout sums it up...

Lol everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and there is no universal answer. It's a crazy f*cked up world and that's that. Best you can do is to choose your own paths, defend your own rights and beliefs, and keep it at that. Do your own thing.
Even if you're a Islamic extremist.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Even if you're a Islamic extremist.
ANY extremist is a bad thing, the deity doesn't matter, nor does the book the read from. Remember those nutbags that went to Pakistan on a mission to kill al queda? They were all Christian extremists ( not to mention dumb as shit)

Quick Reply: FL Pastor burns Quran - Afgans kill 10 UN workers