Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Congratulations to the United States of America

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='772751' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:17 PM
Now THAT is a funny statement. Buddy, I can teach classes on the American, Chinese, United Kingdom, Japanese, and Australian political systems. My experiences are vast, my studies are deep. Never ASSume otherwise, because you run the risk of getting crapped on hanging out at the rear of things. Your disdain for Obama and those who support him is noted. I won't entertain a pissing war with you over MY right to celebrate and embrace what this election means to me (and millions more globally). While I'm sorry you no longer can rejoice and embrace the Bush doctrine, you can perhaps utilize the next 4 years garnering other sympathizers to your cause (and perhaps, with the depths and vast grasp of the American politico you seem to have, run for office yourself?). Good luck!

Congrats on your ability to do that. Who are you trying to impress here? Me or you?

I dont have anything for Obama right now. He hasnt done anything worth any merit in my eyes. To me I dont see a black man in the office. I see my new Commander. You cant say the same.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='772725
I don?t criticize fellow E60rs very often.
Your language and comments speak volumes about your intelligence.
OK, time to duck out of this thread now the personal insults are starting.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772756' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:20 PM
lol my 1Sgt does.
Well, of course he does.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='772750' date='Jan 20 2009, 03:16 PM
Okay, lets just marinate in this one for a bit.......................... Becoming president is not a major accomplishment, what do you do for a living, part seas?????
Maybe it?s a personal accomplishment, or an accomplishment of the Democratic Party...

I'm looking for something a bit more tangible like solving a problem, changing policy, creating something, getting legislation passed that positively affects American lives is an accomplishment.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='772761' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:23 PM
Well, of course he does.
As all 1Sgts do.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='772763' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:25 PM
Maybe it?s a personal accomplishment, or an accomplishment of the Democratic Party...

I'm looking for something a bit more tangible like solving a problem, changing policy, creating something, getting legislation passed that positively affects American lives is an accomplishment.
This is a good summation of my thoughts here.

+1
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Obama Obama! Today is a very good day!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772757' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:21 PM
Congrats on your ability to do that. Who are you trying to impress here? Me or you?

I dont have anything for Obama right now. He hasnt done anything worth any merit in my eyes. To me I dont see a black man in the office. I see my new Commander. You cant say the same.
Neither - simply an apparently missed attempt to illustrate that making assumptions without knowledge is a lesson in ignorance. Congrats on your "A" in that class.

Whereas you see a man who has done nothing of merit, I see a man who studied hard, worked hard, understood what it takes to rise the political ranks, has the ability to unify (even if such unity is based on HOPE), is the pennacle of a civil rights movent hundreds of years in the making, and has energized the world's peoples in a way few have. So yes, perhaps I do see a black man in office - a reflection of a person I aspire to be when I look into a mirror. But, beyond that, I see my President. And that my friend is an accomplishment of merit to me.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Why are so many people hating on Obama? Basically he cant do anymore harm than bush has already done, that guy honestly did not understand the first thing about polititcs, economics, social welfare or anything else that a leader should have a view and plan on. I hope Obama does turn the current problems around, but even if he doesn't he can't do a worse job than Bush has already done or would have continued to do if he was still in power.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='772772' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:32 PM
Neither - simply an apparently missed attempt to illustrate that making assumptions without knowledge is a lesson in ignorance. Congrats on your "A" in that class.

Whereas you see a man who has done nothing of merit, I see a man who studied hard, worked hard, understood what it takes to rise the political ranks, has the ability to unify (even if such unity is based on HOPE), is the pennacle of a civil rights movent hundreds of years in the making, and has energized the world's peoples in a way few have. So yes, perhaps I do see a black man in office - a reflection of a person I aspire to be when I look into a mirror. But, beyond that, I see my President. And that my friend is an accomplishment of merit to me.

Well dont throw around accolades at me. Your world exists because my world protects it if you really want to have the bigger dick competition.

If you aspire to be like Obama then I dont know what I would tell you. Good? Go for it? Wow?

He has done what a lot of grass roots leaders have done. Some of the most influential leaders in our history werent presidents.

There are many people that are happy for this, but there is a lot of people who simply dont care or are unhappy as well. Dont throw around that he united all peoples or nations. He hasnt. He is simply a new face and name so far.

Quick Reply: Congratulations to the United States of America