Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Congratulations to the United States of America

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Some moderator should really lock this thread up right now .

The world is a shitty place enough with all its problems already. So let's not bring up the things that don't belong here.
I have enjoyed this forum so much because everybody has the same interest here and I like you all because of that.
I don't care about politics on this forum unless E60's are included !

So come on guys...
Old 01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='772719' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:51 AM
you sir are a compleate arse and a bigot.

yes we have spines in europe, and to say our leadership is run by boys and whores shows you up for what you are, an uneducated rasist.
and im sorry to tell you thats its not YOUR 2 WARS...its the whole of the west/nato et al, infact there are more coalition forces (read europians) fighting in iraq/afganistan than american, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
thank god that most Americans (who i have fought with in 2 conflicts) dont think like you.
we here in europe need america, as friends and allies, and America needs us also. get over your swollen head.

Dont even presume to call me racist. In my unit alone I have more types of ethnicities than you can fathom.

Most of your forces dont even engage the enemy in combat zones. Many arent even deployed to combat theaters. My brothers have taken more causualites while many of europes leaders scof and do nothing.

You live in a sad state of affairs.
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772716' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:48 PM
Wow, history has been made? He hasnt done anything yet and already so many people like you have hyped him into something that he isnt. A movement for change? How fickle are you? Really now.
Ok, I see where this is going. And after this last response, I'm not going to play into your games.

Yes History has been made. The fact that you have to even ask that question shows how detached you really are. Like I said, not matter what he does, History has been made because he was elected. If Hilary would have one, History would have been made also. I guess you would have a problem with that too. And by the way, I never said he did anything. But he's the 2nd President who made History before actually doing anything. I'll let you try and figure out who the First was.

You don't know me so you don't know who, or what I hyped up. But it's clear who and what you are.

Have a Great Life living in that bubble of yours!
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772723
Oh is it because of his skin we can believe him?
Or is it the colour of his skin that makes you doubt his promises?

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772723' date='Jan 20 2009, 08:54 PM
Busht was a vet and could fly fighter jets. Im extremely intelligent and scored very high on my asvab and even I cant fly them.
Irrelevant. Presidents don't have to fly jets during their term.
Contributors

Here is one thing people don't seem to realize. While I'm really glad that the spokesperson for the American public is no longer George Bush, thats really all he was, a spokesperson. The real enemy to America is Congress and the Senate. They are the most corrupt, foul, and loathesome human beings in our land. May God have mercy on us all if they stay in power.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='772714' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:47 PM
Oh please left the politics out of this forum...

Always when a huge bunch of people start to talk about the politics, it will always originate disagreements that grow up into arguments.
And we don't need that on this great E60forum !
That's been the best statement made in this thread. At the least this thread should be moved to the lounge where it belongs. It is only going to cause disagreement and animosity between friends here. You have to remember, 53% of the voting American public cast their ballot for President Obama and are happy today, while 47% did not and are not celebrating.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='772725
You have no idea what 9-11-2001 did to our country, our lives.
I was less than a mile from the WTC when the first plane hit. I know what it did to my life.

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='772725' date='Jan 20 2009, 08:56 PM
My son was in elementary (primary) school that day. I was away on business and his mother was supposed to leave from Boston on a flight to LA. Thank god she wasn't on THAT flight but I didn't know that until 8 hours later. So I spent the day wondering if my sons mother was dead and who was taking care of my son... Couldn't get through to anyone...

If you asked any American that day if our lives were in danger from future attacks, if we where afraid for our children EVERYONE would have said yes. Now everyone is pissed about the hard choices that this country made to protect its citizens, its children, and its future. And those choices worked. Period.
That was a tough day for you I'm sure. I know my family over the pond had a tough time having no idea if I was dead or alive all day long too. It's somewhat irrelevant though.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772722' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:52 AM
I think the problem is the ellectoral college chose a man who had very little experience to take the most important job in our country. People were tired and scared because they have no morale backbone to endure and in their childish actions, screamed for something new and shiny. Well you got Obama now, so you better pray he does right. This is not the time to mess it up.

The electoral college didn't put Obama in office (365 to 173). A HUGE majority of the populace did (53% to 46%). The electoral collage put GWB in office in 2000 (271 to 266) - in spite of the votes of a majority of the populace(47.8% to 48.30%). Perhaps that is the election which you speak of?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='772724' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:55 AM
Praise, he hasnt done anything yet? Again, are you serious? .................................................. ......................... The dots represent the awe I am in that you don't recognize the fact that this man has broken barriers that have been up for hundreds of years and represents the American dream better than most of our previous presidents. Yes, it is possible that he will not live up to expectations. But then again who do you think wants to take over as president with the condition of this country and world. He is taking the bull by the horns and trying to do the right thing without pre-conceived notions representative of our previous commander in chiefs.

C'mon Praise, you obviously live in a small world, not that you arent school educated or unsuccessful, but you must be pretty sheltered to believe he hasnt done anything yet...

If you cant give credit to a minority for uniting so many americans than no matter what he does while in office you will never utter a word of praise about our new president

No man, i come from the army. We judge a man by his actions, not by his perceived actions by being there. He hasnt done anything relelvant to our current economic crisis or the two wars. I mean how could he, he just became president.

While this is a good thing, there are too many people running around with their heads up their asses screaming about how the world will change. Honestly now? I hope he does great things but until he does SOMETHING, I think much of this celebration is premature at best.

A minority didnt unite America. Only half of the country voted. What about the other half? Think they are united with Obama?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='772700' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:36 PM
Because the last one was a war-mongering monkey-brained idiot that can't complete a sentence and is responsible for the deaths of more Americans than Bin Laden is. Having that c**t with his finger near "the trigger" was a concern for the whole world. We're all relieved he's gone and has been replaced by an intelligent leader once again. American's can again travel the world and not have to pretend to be Canadian if anyone asks where they're from
I don?t criticize fellow E60rs very often.

Your language and comments speak volumes about your intelligence.

Time to get over it.

Quick Reply: Congratulations to the United States of America