Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Congratulations to the United States of America

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009 | 11:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kadafi39' post='772773' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:34 PM
Why are so many people hating on Obama? Basically he cant do anymore harm than bush has already done, that guy honestly did not understand the first thing about polititcs, economics, social welfare or anything else that a leader should have a view and plan on. I hope Obama does turn the current problems around, but even if he doesn't he can't do a worse job than Bush has already done or would have continued to do if he was still in power.

Because people have endowed him with a cult of personality before he even took office.
Old 01-20-2009 | 11:38 AM
Contributors

I think we should just let history attend to itself and stop building him up to be something he is not. So far he is riding the momentum wave and technically has 2 years to get his agenda in motion before he's facing senate/house races and a change in the landscape of the Capital. So far he's pulled major miracle and seemingly united the country, what he does next is crucial.

Sean
Old 01-20-2009 | 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

He delivered an inspiring speach , he's an inspiring person. Let's all wish him luck ............
Old 01-20-2009 | 11:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772777' date='Jan 20 2009, 03:37 PM
Because people have endowed him with a cult of personality before he even took office.
I don't see how this has happened, a cult of personality occurs when someone uses mass media to portray a heroic public image of themselves by flattering and praising themself. I don't see how Obama has done this,, if anything i would say he appears to be a very genuine and honest guy, not devious and misleading which is what people that use techniques such as the cult of media are, hence techniques like these are only ever really used in dictatorships.
Old 01-20-2009 | 11:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kadafi39' post='772795' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:50 PM
I don't see how this has happened, a cult of personality occurs when someone uses mass media to portray a heroic public image of themselves by flattering and praising themself. I don't see how Obama has done this,, if anything i would say he appears to be a very genuine and honest guy, not devious and misleading which is what people that use techniques such as the cult of media are, hence techniques like these are only ever really used in dictatorships.
Because this is the only way it could ever happen.

People are making Obama out to be the savior of America. Thats just silly. They talk about him like he has vast experience and the moderate leadership to do it.

He is putting the old Clinton Administration back in office for Godssake. How more deceptive can you be?
Old 01-20-2009 | 11:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772777' date='Jan 20 2009, 03:37 PM
That is exactly why people, except for the obsessive obama fanatics are kind of fed up with how out over obsessive the american masses are. If Obama started his own church it would have an incredible amount of followrs. of course I joke, but not really.
Old 01-20-2009 | 11:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772775' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:37 PM
Well dont throw around accolades at me. Your world exists because my world protects it if you really want to have the bigger dick competition.

If you aspire to be like Obama then I dont know what I would tell you. Good? Go for it? Wow?

He has done what a lot of grass roots leaders have done. Some of the most influential leaders in our history werent presidents.

There are many people that are happy for this, but there is a lot of people who simply dont care or are unhappy as well. Dont throw around that he united all peoples or nations. He hasnt. He is simply a new face and name so far.
My world exists because I also have done what I needed to protect it. My dick is plenty big. I thank you for your service. I thank me for mine as well. Want my DD214?

TSgt A. P (ret)
C-141A/B 418th FLTS 412th OG/OGT
EAFB
Old 01-20-2009 | 12:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772799' date='Jan 20 2009, 03:53 PM
Because this is the only way it could ever happen.

People are making Obama out to be the savior of America. Thats just silly. They talk about him like he has vast experience and the moderate leadership to do it.

He is putting the old Clinton Administration back in office for Godssake. How more deceptive can you be?
That doesn't answer how he has created a personality cult. Obama has saved you from Bush, so yes i do believe he is a saviour. In relation to Bush he has vast experience and knowledge. I doubt bush ever understood or even personally wrote a speech or collaborated with someone to write it, he would have it all written for him, and wouldnt understand much of it either, whereas Obama has the intelligence and is articulate enough to write speeches or have some input in to what he wants to say and do, Obama won't leave everything to other people and then make decisions based on their reccomendations without understanding basic issues, IMO he is alot more competent than Bush ever was or could have been.
Old 01-20-2009 | 12:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='772804' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:58 PM
My world exists because I also have done what I needed to protect it. My dick is plenty big. I thank you for your service. I thank me for mine as well. Want my DD214?

TSgt A. P (ret)
C-141A/B 418th FLTS 412th OG/OGT
EAFB

Ill thank you for your service, especially being in California doing it. Last time I was in San Francisco visiting my family I was in uniform and heckled the entire time.

Sgt.
A-Troop 1/303rd
81st BCT
Ft. Lewis/Camp Murray
Old 01-20-2009 | 12:04 PM
Contributors

Someone please file this pile of shit thread into OFF-TOPIC. Please?

Quick Reply: Congratulations to the United States of America