Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Budapest GP

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='456236' date='Aug 7 2007, 11:47 AM

That's illegal, he doesn't need to follow it.

Quali strategy is not illegal, every team has one every race, ferrari, bmw, renault, williams, etc etc.

They have too, to avoid what happened with Alonso and Hamilton last week.

Ron Dennis told this to the Press, would he tell them these things if Quali strategy was illegal.

"We have various procedures within the team and prior to practice we determine how it is going to be run, what our strategy is, and how that’s going to be enacted on the circuit.

There are some procedural issues there on qualifying. One of the things that you’ll have seen several times over the course of this season is long periods of time where the car has gone down to the end of pitlane and sat for a long time.

In this situation, we are timed to when we can dispatch the car based on when the car reaches a given temperature, and then we know how long we can hold it at the pitlane.

The cars are dispatched as soon as possible. In this instance, Lewis’s car got up to that temperature first, we went Lewis, we sent Fernando, and the fuel burn characteristics [mean that] there is a small advantage which we play from driver to driver according to the nature of the circuit.

In this instance, it was Fernando’s time to get the advantage of the longer fuel burn. The arrangement was, OK, we’re down at the end of the pitlane, we reverse positions in the first lap. That didn’t occur as arranged. That was somewhat disappointing and caused some tensions on the pitwall.

We were, from that moment on, out of sequence because the cars were in the wrong place on the circuit and that unfolded into the pitstops. It complicated the situation into the result, which was Lewis not getting his final timed lap.

So this really started from that position, and from our drivers not swapping position to get the right fuel burn in order to arrive at the point where we cut the end result to the end.

Now, as you have often asked the question, and let me make it a very honest answer, it is extremely difficult to deal with two such competitive drivers. There are definite pressures within the team. We make no secret of it. They are both very competitive, and they both want to win, and we are trying our very hardest to balance those pressures.

Today we were part of a process where it didn’t work, and the end result is more pressure on the team. But what you hear is the exact truth of what happened, and we will manage it inside the team through the balance of the season.

Obviously Lewis feels more uncomfortable with the situation than Fernando. That’s life, that’s the way it is, and if he feels too hot to talk about it then that’s the way it is.

But what I’ve done is, I have given you an exact understanding of what took place today. And it’s just pressure, competitiveness, and that’s the way it is. We’ve just got to get on and deal with it, but we’re not hiding from it.

We’re sat on the front row of the most difficult Grand Prix to win as regards to overtaking, and therefore we want to get on with the race."

Hamiltion started the whole mess and thats it. Alonso doesn't take any Sh*t from anyone, so he gave him payback.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

What more can you say than?! For me it's clear. Thanks Jetblack for the post.
BTW how much is ALonso payed? Just thinking if BMW has the money to pay him
Old 08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='456386' date='Aug 8 2007, 04:11 AM
Hamiltion started the whole mess and thats it. Alonso doesn't take any Sh*t from anyone, so he gave him payback.

There are ALLWAYS two sides of every story, and the above is the version of somebody that wants to calm everything down a bit. I'd act like RD too now.

Of course they see it different, and therefore they are yet not accepting the penalty and fight it.

If you read the rules, the case becomes very obvious.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='456641' date='Aug 9 2007, 02:30 AM
Any 1 but ALonso
I hope he dose not drive for BMW
dont like him at all from when he started the F1. :thumbsdown:
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='456641' date='Aug 8 2007, 11:30 AM
The Ron Dennis quotes were from a press conference which was held before the stewards announced they were investigating. At that time Ron was still trying to deflect attention away from Alonso's stupidity. Trying to do that was ultimately what landed the team with the penalty rather than just the driver.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Senior Members

The fact is McLaren would have punished Hamilton for not obeying their team strategy (alternating which one gets to have the extra lap of fuel at each track). Perhaps they would have changed Hamiltion's race startegy to make it less favorable, perhaps they would have given Alonso the extra lap for the next two races.

But Alonso took it upon himself, to payback the little rookie punk.

Its simple all this would have never happened if Hamilton would have followed team Quali strategy that was set up earlier in the week.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='456357' date='Aug 7 2007, 04:47 PM
Alonso told Ron Dennis, Hamilton or me...

Now Alonso is free to leave.
Flavio Briatore is interested...

Norbert Haug dimissed claims Alonso leaving McLaren.

F1 article

"Norbert Haug has dismissed claims that Alonso has been given the green light to leave the team at the end of the 2007 season. The Spanish driver joined the silver arrows in 2007 on a three-year contract. However, there has been much speculation over how happy he is at the team with his rookie team-mate continually out-performing the reigning world champion, and now the saga over the botched pitstop.

Talking to the newspaper Bild about whether he would bet on Alonso staying with the team Haug said, ?This questions did not even arise. We have a valid contract so why do I need to bet?? Haug has also denied that Ron Dennis has freed Alonso from the constraints of his contract.

Instead, Haug has implied that the media are fishing for stories. ?We have now begun the summer break so for the next three weeks it is necessary for the media to write something,? he explained. ?I know this very well and for that reason, I am calm.?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Senior Members

Will Hamilton Defect to Ferrari?

F1 article

"Allegedly, Ferrari are trying to get Lewis Hamilton on-board for a cool ?17 million. Fiat bosses have told Ferrari that they see Hamilton as the natural successor to retired great Michael Schumacher and they believe the rookie's talent, will to win, personality and work ethic will lead the scarlet team into a new winning era.

Fiat are hoping that all the scandal and confusion at McLaren will play into their hands as they try to lure the sport's latest star to their team. Fiat are hoping that they can tempt Hamilton to their team as soon as possible, with rumours that they are looking to sign him from 2008 onwards.

Ferrari's offer would make him the second highest paid driver in the sport - it must be a tempting offer for someone who is currently earning just ?250,000 a year at McLaren. Only Kimi Raikkonen is paid more than Hamilton, reportedly pocketing ?22 million a year.

As to whom Hamilton would replace if he switched teams, it is unclear. Both Raikkonen and Massa have shown great speed but no consistency, and although both are in the hunt for the drivers' title, they are behind both McLaren drivers - something which the bosses at Ferrari will not be happy about."
Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='456900' date='Aug 8 2007, 11:29 PM
Will Hamilton Defect to Ferrari?

F1 article

"Allegedly, Ferrari are trying to get Lewis Hamilton on-board for a cool ?17 million. Fiat bosses have told Ferrari that they see Hamilton as the natural successor to retired great Michael Schumacher and they believe the rookie's talent, will to win, personality and work ethic will lead the scarlet team into a new winning era.

Fiat are hoping that all the scandal and confusion at McLaren will play into their hands as they try to lure the sport's latest star to their team. Fiat are hoping that they can tempt Hamilton to their team as soon as possible, with rumours that they are looking to sign him from 2008 onwards.

Ferrari's offer would make him the second highest paid driver in the sport - it must be a tempting offer for someone who is currently earning just ?250,000 a year at McLaren. Only Kimi Raikkonen is paid more than Hamilton, reportedly pocketing ?22 million a year.

As to whom Hamilton would replace if he switched teams, it is unclear. Both Raikkonen and Massa have shown great speed but no consistency, and although both are in the hunt for the drivers' title, they are behind both McLaren drivers - something which the bosses at Ferrari will not be happy about."
Interesting rumor! I can certainly Alonso going to Ferrari. Hamilton's salary is a bit misleading as apparently he is on a points based bonus system. Even though his base salary is low, the word is that he just got a $2.3m bonus and he's reputedly on target for about $4m this year. Not too bad for a new guy- but whether he stays or goes I suspect he'll be on a bit more next year!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

it not the money he whats itis to become I think money comes last to Hamilton head right now.

Quick Reply: Budapest GP