Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Budapest GP

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='455577' date='Aug 5 2007, 10:39 PM
We want Schumacher again

That was boring in the end.

But I'd like to see him in Jean Todts position.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525i E60 Steptronic 192HP

Well I've seen him around there and he might be taking Todt's position pretty soon maybe!

Anyway I'm missing Schumi too...He was a great driver, especially on wet tracks...what a show !!!

This years drivers are good but...not excellent ...so is not a real show like use to be...
Old 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='455541
We want Schumacher again
No, please no more Schumacher.

This season has been more exciting than the last five combined.

Plus Alonso kicked Schumachers ass last two seasons, was happy to see Schumi go out a loser.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

Apparently the Mclaren team has an agreement every other race, Alonso gets last lap in Quali and then Hamilton gets last lap in Quali, and so on.

Well this weekend it was Alonso's turn, but apparently Hamilton did not want to follow through with this. Hamilton knew it was very important to get pole position since it is very hard to overtake on that type of track. So he knew that to turn fastest lap in Quali he would need to do it at the very end of the session when the most rubber is down and especially since it rained the night before making the track very green.

Hamilton disobeyed the team strategy that was set well before Quali started and went out first in line to start Quali session 3. This he was not supposed to do, that is why Mclaren tried to tell him to let Alonso by. Maybe Hamilton feels the two-time world champ breathing down his neck.

This obviously pissed Alonso off and there followed him holding Hamilton back in the pits. Whether you like it or not, it was payback.

But the major story this weekend is Hamilton and Ron Dennis's relationship might have turned sour. It is reported Hamilton confronted Ron Dennis after the Quali was over. And there began a rather heated argument. Hamilton said "Don't you ever f**king do that to me again!" Ron replied "Don't you ever f**king talk to me like that!" Etc, Etc, Etc...... Witnesses said the argument went on for quite awhile.

This is the thanks Ron Dennis gets for bringing this kid (Hamilton) up through the ranks of racing, since Hamilton was 13.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='455672' date='Aug 6 2007, 06:40 AM
Apparently the Mclaren team has an agreement every other race, Alonso gets last lap in Quali and then Hamilton gets last lap in Quali, and so on.

Well this weekend it was Alonso's turn, but apparently Hamilton did not want to follow through with this. Hamilton knew it was very important to get pole position since it is very hard to overtake on that type of track. So he knew that to turn fastest lap in Quali he would need to do it at the very end of the session when the most rubber is down and especially since it rained the night before making the track very green.

Hamilton disobeyed the team strategy that was set well before Quali started and went out first in line to start Quali session 3. This he was not supposed to do, that is why Mclaren tried to tell him to let Alonso by. Maybe Hamilton feels the two-time world champ breathing down his neck.

This obviously pissed Alonso off and there followed him holding Hamilton back in the pits. Whether you like it or not, it was payback.
But the major story this weekend is Hamilton and Ron Dennis's relationship might have turned sour. It is reported Hamilton confronted Ron Dennis after the Quali was over. And there began a rather heated argument. Hamilton said "Don't you ever f**king do that to me again!" Ron replied "Don't you ever f**king talk to me like that!" Etc, Etc, Etc...... Witnesses said the argument went on for quite awhile.

This is the thanks Ron Dennis gets for bringing this kid (Hamilton) up through the ranks of racing, since Hamilton was 13.
Yes, the story behind the confruntation of the two also was confirmed by our comentators. And this is called spitting on the hand that fed you all the time. Things like this shouldn't happen. I thought he was classy and a gentleman as everyone from the media sees him, but this stuff is by far anything but gentlemanish.

Thanks for clearing up with the overtaking story. Anyway did you see the tires on Hamilton's car and also on Kimi's? wow they were like shredded from all that stress.

Anyway i think Alonso is more determined than ever now. I do hope for him he teaches that boy a lesson, since that was ot proper-payback for what he did.

PS: Forgot to add. NO SCHUMY. His time is over imo, he got in weight visible, things have changed a bit, i don't think he will be the driver he once was. I heard the local comentators that he struggles to find his position at Ferrari, his position is unclear, many times he doesn't know what to do. The drivers from Ferrari don't want to hear anything from Schumy, not even the smallest advice, so i heard that he will not be present anymore in any race at least till the end of the season.

PSS: I do also agree that this season has been more entertaining than all last 5 seasons combined.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='455615' date='Aug 6 2007, 02:11 AM
This season has been more exciting than the last five combined.
I don't remember which season was, but some year ago Ferrari won 15 of 17 GPs

Plus Alonso kicked Schumachers ass last two seasons, was happy to see Schumi go out a loser.
The Renault was better than Ferrari . But who won in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 ?
A team can't win every year, forever ..
Old 08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='455615

Yep. They still have a couple arguments going on now...
Alonso is threatening to leave the team now...

But I can understand Hamilton. Such orders are not legal in F1. So, with all the stuff that was going on in the team lately, I can understand his position. And I can understand Alonsos payback to him... Not legal and definately something that doesn't belong to F1 racing, but understandable and somehow cool, I have to admitt. I still hate the mofo though.

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='455756' date='Aug 6 2007, 01:00 PM
I do hope for him he teaches that boy a lesson
WHAT?

Alonso is a jerk and somebody should teach the mofo a lesson.
He gave Hamilton the payback. Now they are even again.
And the payback was not OK, it was understandable, but not OK, since Hamilton just simply didn't followed an order that was illegal. Therefore, Alonso can NOT complain. He is usually the one that doesn't follow any rules. He thinks he is the middle of this Universe. Such people shouldn't be on race tracks.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

The funny thing about this weekend was even with all the crap Mclaren had happen (Stepney Gate, Quali-Penalties) they had the better weekend than Ferrari.

Ferrari just looked out of sorts.

I don't see Massa on their team next year, he is just too unpredictable. I know it was the teams fault for screwing his quali up, but he has no consistency what so ever. He couldn't even move his car up into the points or anywhere near it.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

saw the Qualifying at lunch at work
Hamilton be will pissed of Alonso.
Alonso is well out of order, like I sayed before is not a true sportsman, just like a kid need to growup :thumbsdown: If he win this year F1 he will not be a ture sportman and cheated to win.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='455332' date='Aug 5 2007, 06:32 AM
Alonso is a jerk! He is not a champion, he is far away from being one. He is a good driver, not a very good one. Others out there are better and deserve to be champion much more than him.
F**k him.
+1 he should not even be in the motorsport at all.
yes F**k him.

Quick Reply: Budapest GP