Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Beware

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

So I got off work a lil late yesterday and took a trip over there. They are just down the road from Center BMW - I'm wondering if there is any correlation. In any event, they were closed when I got there (they close at 6pm). I took some pics of the joint with my cell phone. On the door they state there is 24-hour audio and video surveillance. I'll try to head there on lunch break, or after I leave the office. If I can get them to provide a copy of the surveillance video, or at least review it, we could be golden. Will keep you posted.

Beware-imag0016.jpg

Beware-imag0017.jpg

Beware-imag0018.jpg
Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='990486' date='Aug 27 2009, 02:47 PM
So I got off work a lil late yesterday and took a trip over there. They are just down the road from Center BMW - I'm wondering if there is any correlation. In any event, they were closed when I got there (they close at 6pm). I took some pics of the joint with my cell phone. On the door they state there is 24-hour audio and video surveillance. I'll try to head there on lunch break, or after I leave the office. If I can get them to provide a copy of the surveillance video, or at least review it, we could be golden. Will keep you posted.
There's a good chance that they would not release a copy to you a 3rd party, I would also suggest you not mention when you visit since we may not be sure that the person(s) involved may be watching this thread.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Contributors

We're pulling for you, Eloy. Hope you catch this scum, and soon.... BTW, look forward to meeting you soon.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='990492' date='Aug 27 2009, 11:59 AM
There's a good chance that they would not release a copy to you a 3rd party, I would also suggest you not mention when you visit since we may not be sure that the person(s) involved may be watching this thread.
+1 on this....Eloy, a subpoena may be needed to secure the video tapes. Good luck!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Contributors

I can't believe someone would actually think that they could get away with credit card fraud. It's only a matter of time before they get caught!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='990492' date='Aug 27 2009, 11:59 AM
Good advice - I know better and should be cognizant of this.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='990513' date='Aug 27 2009, 03:16 PM
I can't believe someone would actually think that they could get away with credit card fraud. It's only a matter of time before they get caught!
I believe the feds get involved if the faud is over $150,000 and the FTC only gets involved if its over $2000, unfortunately there is a pretty good chance that they won't get caught. I'm hoping in this case it's the exception especially since we are all pretty motivated when someone attacks one of "our own". When you have people out there stealing millions of credit card numbers at a time the relatively small crimes against one vendor pales into insignificance.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

If the culprit is on this forum, there's a good chance this thread will have scared him away into hiding and/or he'll make sure to not slip up and reveal any info on the exhaust publicly where someone can catch him.

Anyway, I think the first thing to find out is who's the person who signed for the package. Have the authorities question that individual.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='990486' date='Aug 27 2009, 01:47 PM
Damn, AI, you REALLY want that free exhaust, huh?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='990615' date='Aug 27 2009, 01:40 PM
Damn, AI, you REALLY want that free exhaust, huh?
LOL! Yup! Naw, my thing is this asshole did this in the neighborhood. And it's for a 535 - a newer E60. If the bastard couldn't afford the fucking thing, he should have bought a damned Kia.

Quick Reply: Beware