Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Apple iPad

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched the keynote. What an incredible product. I am completely infatuated with iPad, and it is prices $499-$829. It is AT&T exclusive for 3G data plans but no contract is required.

If you haven't seen it yet, take a look for yourself. I would imagine the capabilities for the price will make this product wildly popular. Way to go Apple. What a brilliant company!

http://www.apple.com/

Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I'll read the details and/or watch the online videos in a bit but is it safe to say that it's kind of like an iPhone with a much larger screen?

I also heard a rumor today that the iPhone would be available through Verizon now...was that announced yet? (Given the fact that the iPad is exclusive to AT&T, it makes sense for them to end the iPhone exclusivity now...)

Overall, it looks pretty cool, even though I'm not a huge fan of the iPhone. (I have an iPod touch but rarely use it...)
Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy
I'll read the details and/or watch the online videos in a bit but is it safe to say that it's kind of like an iPhone with a much larger screen?

I also heard a rumor today that the iPhone would be available through Verizon now...was that announced yet? (Given the fact that the iPad is exclusive to AT&T, it makes sense for them to end the iPhone exclusivity now...)

Overall, it looks pretty cool, even though I'm not a huge fan of the iPhone. (I have an iPod touch but rarely use it...)
Yeah, I would say it is more like a iPod touch, as it is not a phone. The 3G plan is $15 for 250MB a month and $30 for unlimited or you can just get the wifi only version. You can also buy a keyboard dock. It is really a perfect cross between an iPod touch and a laptop. It is incredibly thin and weighs 1.5 lbs with a 10 hour battery life while watching videos and over a month of standby. It is truly incredible. I heart it so much!

They did not announce the iPhone would be available through verizon today.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

and a 1GHz processor

They priced it low enough to be as affordable as an iphone. Question is, why would you not want one? I wonder what the policy will be for current AT&T customers with an iPhone and data plan...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Shweeeeeeet
Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

gotta have a better name than "iPad" tho....seriously....

agreed more similar to iTouch over an iPhone...I read somewhere that apple came up with the iTouch by just refurbing all those gen 1 iPhones that got returned, they just removed the phone components....genius...

I cannot imagine what it would be like to try and type on that thing
Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

USELESS its a giant ipod :thumbsdown:
Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by GsQ
USELESS its a giant ipod :thumbsdown:
+1. I am not feeling this product at all.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

gotta have a better name than "iPad" tho....seriously....
)
Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
+1. I am not feeling this product at all.
Don't worry, it's not to late to get on the apple bus. I wasn't apple fan at first. then I got an iPhone and I am a complete junkie.

Regardless of whether you like apple or care for the product, you have to admit this is an incredible product for the money. one can be had for $499! This thing is a multimedia marvel @ that price! I am actually going to buy this instead of a new laptop, and it will be a quarter of the price, and have a better battery life then any laptop out there.

For those worried about typing on the touch screen:

Quick Reply: Apple iPad