Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Another Watch Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
Good to know. Thanks a lot
Will start with stainless steel.

So its ok to get aftermarket leather band? Same quality as OEM? how about price?

Anyhow, will check where you get them (if online cheaper and same quality as OEM).

Honestly, when I spend around 3.5K$ on a watch. It will come NOWHERE NEAR WATER. Any kind of water. Salty water, Chlorine water, etc... If I want to go swimming, I'll just take my CK or Tommy Hilfiger watch.

Maybe because it's my first BIG BOY WATCH lol. Was the same way with my BMW. Kind of changed after 3 years now.

Thanks AGAIN for your help, suggestions and knowledge. Really appreciate it.
Almost all of my watchbands are aftermarket. In many cases the quality exceeds the OEM band. Go to e-Bay and check out seller Strapped for Time. They sell genuine alligator bands in black or brown for $159.95. That's 1/2 to a 1/3 what you would pay for the OEM band AND it's genuine alligator, whereas the TAG band is leather with an alligator print. They have dressier bands and sport bands (with white stitching) for $49.95. Let me know if you have other questions and post pics!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I'd recommend Amazon, I imagine they have a store for the middle east as well. Also maybe check Tourneu

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-13-2011, 05:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530
Almost all of my watchbands are aftermarket. In many cases the quality exceeds the OEM band. Go to e-Bay and check out seller Strapped for Time. They sell genuine alligator bands in black or brown for $159.95. That's 1/2 to a 1/3 what you would pay for the OEM band AND it's genuine alligator, whereas the TAG band is leather with an alligator print. They have dressier bands and sport bands (with white stitching) for $49.95. Let me know if you have other questions and post pics!
Just checked out the seller. Interesting
I'm definitely going to go with this seller. Prices are much better than TAG (obviously).
I will definitely post pics

You've been of a great help. Thank you so much.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
I'd recommend Amazon, I imagine they have a store for the middle east as well. Also maybe check Tourneu

http://www.amazon.co...g+grand+carrera
Yes, I did check Amazon (it is about 1,200$ cheaper) but kind of freaks me out to buy a TAG from an unauthorized dealer.
Well, it kind of freaks me out to spend BIG MONEY on anything that isn't from an authorized dealer.

I just came back to Montreal. Going to look at authorized dealers here as well as Toronto and Ottawa.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
Thank you so much for the info.

seems its more expansive in the US than in the Middle East.
1- Is it safe to buy from Amazon such a watch? I mean is it an authentic dealer of Tag? We're talking about 3.5K $. Need to be 100%. I know Amazon is trustworthy, but is it an authentic TAG dealer.

2- I see what you are doing. So you have different bracelets for the same watch. That way you will have different styles according to what you are wearing. Is it easy to change bracelets?
Can you do it yourself?

3-I know that TAG keeps releasing new Grand but different names such as 8RS, 17 RS, 36RS. Just wondering when a new RS will be released. If anyone knows.4- If anything happens to the watch (glass gets scratched or broken), is it cover under warranty? Warranty consists of what? and how many years?

Sorry for all the questions, but want to learn everything about a purchase before I spend BIG money on it.

Are you aware that there is another model named the 17RS2 ? looks like the same movement but made of titanium so this may be the updated version.

The names change because they are different movements, so as they develop more advanced methods to more accurately measure time, they improve the movement and release updated models.

In terms of the crystal (what you refer to as the "glass") it is a sapphire crystal (corundum) and very resistant to scratches, unless you often clean it with a diamond it shouldnt scratch! so it should not be an issue for day to day normal use.

Also, I'd not worry too much about water, these are water resistant to 100meters, so you can wear it in the shower, or swimming at the beach or a pool and so on, ive never had any issues with water on my Tags, or other watches, so its not something id be too worried about, gotta enjoy it every day!!!

good luck
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630
Are you aware that there is another model named the 17RS2 ? looks like the same movement but made of titanium so this may be the updated version.
Thank you for looking out
Yes, I do know there is the RS2 but I the red "Seconds needle" and the red word "tachometer" are not very classy. More sporty with the black and red leather stitched. Though I like the BLACK contour much more.

Originally Posted by m630
The names change because they are different movements, so as they develop more advanced methods to more accurately measure time, they improve the movement and release updated models.

In terms of the crystal (what you refer to as the "glass") it is a sapphire crystal (corundum) and very resistant to scratches, unless you often clean it with a diamond it shouldnt scratch! so it should not be an issue for day to day normal use.

Also, I'd not worry too much about water, these are water resistant to 100meters, so you can wear it in the shower, or swimming at the beach or a pool and so on, ive never had any issues with water on my Tags, or other watches, so its not something id be too worried about, gotta enjoy it every day!!!

good luck
I thought the RS, RS2 and S&RG are just the different colors between silver, black or beige crystal contour Thanks for the extra knowledge

I'm still not going to shower or swim with it