Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

17 Year old

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 22. I think I can still relate to my age 5 years ago. Look, initially, I'd say no. Why? Because this car is my my baby!!! If you can understand that and take care of it the way you would take care of your own then maybe...

Seriously, if you're going to bring it to school and the kids around are the type to key your car, then why bother bringing it and raising hell from your dad when you return with a damaged car? If you're just going to bring it to the mall and stuff, then it should be ok.

Just always keep in your mind that you're driving an expensive car that would seriously affect your chances of reaching 20 if you do anything bad to it.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 2 2004, 07:16 PM
You are very lucky you have a dad like yours! I wish mine would have ever been like that...?
Now, just think about how much this baby cost him... He lets you drive it, what means he trusts you. Don't abuse the car, and don't do anything silly. Show your Dad that he is right in trusting you!
Take good care on the car and drive safe!?
After a year of driving, unlike many of my friends, i haven't gotten a ticket or gotten into an accident. On Tuesday, my dad bought me a new car (2004 Mitsubishi Galant) with an Pioner AVIC-N1 (Link here.) You are correct, he trusts me a lot. Before he bought me this car, i used to drive my mom's minivan lol.

Unlike many other teens, i do NOT speed. I may go 5 over, but cops don't care.

chicosy

I entirely agree with my dad when he said i can't take it to school because one of my good friends took his dad's car (not the best, but pretty good..Toyota Avalon) and it was keyed all the way from the left fender all the way to the back. This teacher brought a corvette and it got keyed REALLY REALLY badly.

I guess its just how much your dad trusts you. He does NOT under any circumstances let my little sister drive it (she just got her permit)
Old 09-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Members

My son is 21 now, and I have let him drive all my cars since he was of driving age. When he was 16-17 he drove my Volvo C70, 18-21 he drove my 540i 6speed, and now I let him drive my 545i SMG. He's never been in an accident, nor does he have any tickets. However, I know he drives hard and fast, but I really don't mind. When I am with him and he's driving I constantly have to tell him to slow down =), but hey I have to tell myself the same thing. He knows if he gets in an accident or gets a ticket he will lose the right to ride. The reason for this is when I was his age my parents were extremely poor, and now I am quite successful (I don't pay a cent for my 545i SMG, my company pays for the car, gas, repairs, service, etc ) And I know when I was young like him, if my dad had a great car I would have loved to drive it.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Members

I totally agree with dads like yourself! It took me 4 years before I could convince my dad to get me a nice BMW. I had a nice Mitsubishi Magna VR-X (Diamante to all you Americans) before my current ride. Power to the youth!!! At least to those who can drive properly.

And speaking of cars getting keyed, is it really that bad over there in the states? A teacher's corvette? Ouch ouch ouch I'm driven my car everywhere here in Melbourne and not a scratch. Even in University. Nice to know my little corner of the world ain't so savage yet.

Well hope you get to use the BMW more often! I have a hunch your Galant ain't going to get much use in the future. Probably let your sister use it.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

My dad let me drive some cool cars when I was a teenager, and I never hurt any of them. (Of course, my other brothers totaled an Electra, a Riviera, a Sunbird ....)

I would let my kid. In fact, I'll let my nephew drive my 545 next year when he hits 16 -- with me in the car. But my own son, if I have one, will get to drive my 545.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by chicosy' date='Sep 3 2004, 10:55 AM
And speaking of cars getting keyed, is it really that bad over there in the states? A teacher's corvette? Ouch ouch ouch I'm driven my car everywhere here in Melbourne and not a scratch. Even in University. Nice to know my little corner of the world ain't so savage yet.\
No no...only in high schools....... colleges/universities are fine.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

Drive it like you stole it kiddo..........you only live once.

Just kidding, drive it like it's your dads car and he'll kick your arse if you beat on it

P.S. How's the back seat
Old 09-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Sep 3 2004, 03:44 PM
P.S. How's the back seat
hahahaha....

nah man... im not like that.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Viper786' date='Sep 4 2004, 07:54 AM
[quote name='jtxc' date='Sep 3 2004, 03:44 PM'] P.S.? How's the back seat
hahahaha....

nah man... im not like that. [/quote]
You don't know what you're missing...
Old 09-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 4 2004, 01:13 AM
[quote name='Viper786' date='Sep 4 2004, 07:54 AM'] [quote name='jtxc' date='Sep 3 2004, 03:44 PM'] P.S.? How's the back seat
hahahaha....

nah man... im not like that. [/quote]
You don't know what you're missing... [/quote]
Acutally i know just what he is talking about

i said i am not like that.

Quick Reply: 17 Year old