Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

17 Year old

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 19 and is driving our E60 quite often. I drove our 535i from when I was 17

And.. I've never been in any kind of accident (except for one in January where I was hit by a girl who didn't take a look to her right in a crossing). This last year I've probably driven around 15 000 km.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 545i sport pckg,sirius,active steering,grey on black

All reputable sources recommend keeping new drivers away from

powerfull cars in the interest of everyone's safety. Do not let him

drive the 545i.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 5 2004, 01:19 AM
oh wow.... at 12?? and i thought i was "cool" because i learned how to drive stick at 14 in a toyota corolla lol.
in fact, i already forgot 12 or 11 .
My dad put my name under my mom's minivan... but i can still drive all our cars.
there is the dark side of insurance . your parents will need to clean up all the $hit if you get into an bad accident (knock on wood) and the limits are exhausted :'(. the other party has the right to go after your parents for additional payments . worst case is your parents' assets and properties are now belong to the stranger . even worse is the other party's attorney can take portions of their paychecks and gives the money to the other party...man, i don't even want to continue :'(. so you have to be 200% more careful. you are not only screwing yourself if something goes wrong, your parents, too. if you think of the above, i'm sure you'll drive safely and wisely .
I know all that but maybe you missed what i said before... I do NOT speed (except i go 5 over which everyone does) and i drive carefully no matter what car i am in.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

How many of you go at more than 5 mph over the limit?
Old 09-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

And.. I've never been in any kind of accident...
i'm not trying to curse you but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. of course i don't want anything happen but things will happen. who knows :'(?
I know all that but maybe you missed what i said before... I do NOT speed (except i go 5 over which everyone does) and i drive carefully no matter what car i am in.
good to hear you don't speed and drive carefully . but (yes, always a but ) you don't know how others drive. no matter how careful you are, if the guy in front of you drives carelessly, and if you kiss his a$$, you are screwed :'(. or if some punk runs out of the sidewalk and if you hit hit him, even worse :'( :'(. my point is you are careful doesn't mean others are. you know how many more accidents happened after the two 2fast2furious movies? i don't want to sound like your conselor but again, things will happen.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Yea, I understand everything you say, but if it is the other's fault i thought that my insurance won't go up. Is this true?
Old 09-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

but if it is the other's fault i thought that my insurance won't go up. Is this true?
yes, but still a lot of hassles . first, two insurance companies have to figure out which side is at fault. if the accident involves a third or more parties, even worse . probably attorneys are also involved. tons of paperworks, millions of questions, thousands of phone calls, hundreds of doctor visits, etc . man, i don't even want to continue :'(. so even if the other party is at fault, you still won't have sweet dream for awhile. unless...oops, sorry, you are under 18 . no adult jokes here .
Old 09-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 5 2004, 09:53 PM
but if it is the other's fault i thought that my insurance won't go up. Is this true?
yes, but still a lot of hassles . first, two insurance companies have to figure out which side is at fault. if the accident involves a third or more parties, even worse . probably attorneys are also involved. tons of paperworks, millions of questions, thousands of phone calls, hundreds of doctor visits, etc . man, i don't even want to continue :'(. so even if the other party is at fault, you still won't have sweet dream for awhile. unless...oops, sorry, you are under 18 . no adult jokes here .
lol

btw, You seem to know a lot on this subject. Have you gotten in an accident before?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

btw, You seem to know a lot on this subject. Have you gotten in an accident before?
sigh...i said it many times, i can run but i can't hide . detective viper finally figures out my history . yes, 3 major ones :bashwall:.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Senior Members

oh wow... how many of them were your fault?

Quick Reply: 17 Year old