Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

V6.1 LCI retrofit cables with Special Brake light (Ricky Brake)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

It appears DHL has also "misplaced" my order as well. I tracked the package - departed the UK on Tuesday to Cincinnati,OH where it was checked in early Thursday AM. It was then tracked to Boston supposedly arriving late Thursday morning. I anticipated delivery by Friday since I'm about an hour drive south of Boston.

Three different phone calls to DHL customer service provide me with 3 different stories. 1st I was told to call back in an hour as they attempt to locate the shipment and provide status.
2nd Call I was informed that the package would be delivered to me by 5pm Friday.
On the 3rd call I was informed the shipment probably never did actually make it to Boston and they need to "locate" it - perhaps I would have it by Tuesday.

So who knows what to believe ? Thank goodness its just cables and not a kidney for a life saving procedure ! :thumbsdown:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sportzfan76
It appears DHL has also "misplaced" my order as well. I tracked the package - departed the UK on Tuesday to Cincinnati,OH where it was checked in early Thursday AM. It was then tracked to Boston supposedly arriving late Thursday morning. I anticipated delivery by Friday since I'm about an hour drive south of Boston.

Three different phone calls to DHL customer service provide me with 3 different stories. 1st I was told to call back in an hour as they attempt to locate the shipment and provide status.
2nd Call I was informed that the package would be delivered to me by 5pm Friday.
On the 3rd call I was informed the shipment probably never did actually make it to Boston and they need to "locate" it - perhaps I would have it by Tuesday.

So who knows what to believe ? Thank goodness its just cables and not a kidney for a life saving procedure ! :thumbsdown:

wow, not only me having problems with this useless courier company....Fedex and UPS is much better! DHL uses a tracking system from the 90s, thats why they always screws up. Not to mention they farm a lot of the their jobs out to owner operators.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Maybe I should offer a choice of shipping methods. Fedex and UPS are generally a bit more expensive.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW M5

Got my V6.1cables today, thanks Bruce! I didn't have any issues with DHL, and mine also went through Cincinnati. I missed the first delivery, but they were willing to make a second trip.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d E60 *///M Pack* CarbonSwartz

Hi, received my v6 cables yesterday (Monday), no problem with DHL either and ultra-fast shipping Friday-Monday from UK to Spain.

Cannot test my cables till next month.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Members

Hi i got my V6 too today. DHL came yesterday and no one was around. Today i decides to track it using the number Bruce gave me and saw it was delivered 30 mins ago. Called home and it was there...great service by DHL for making 2 trips and updating it real time. waiting for my cli tail lamp now...
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Members

Hi! I've received my cables today and it's already on the car. Thanks Bruce! Looks great!!!

But! Only the inner light lights up when I step on the brake. Is that like on the original? Is there a possibility to connect the outer light with the inner to make both ligts light up when I step on the brake? Can I connect it directly with wire and is that dangerous for the modules (overload)?

Thanks for advice!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by Frane 535d
Hi! I've received my cables today and it's already on the car. Thanks Bruce! Looks great!!!

But! Only the inner light lights up when I step on the brake. Is that like on the original? Is there a possibility to connect the outer light with the inner to make both ligts light up when I step on the brake? Can I connect it directly with wire and is that dangerous for the modules (overload)?

Thanks for advice!
The outer brake light is for the Brake Force Display. It will come on when you press the Brake hard. If you have a car that is newer than Oct 2006 you can join both the green and the grey wires and both lights will work, if you do this on a car that is older than Oct 2006 you will get an error on the idrive.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Frane 535d

Thanks for advice!
Or if you can code your car, there is a coding hack that I posted on this forum to allow you to put both brake lights on.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
The outer brake light is for the Brake Force Display. It will come on when you press the Brake hard. If you have a car that is newer than Oct 2006 you can join both the green and the grey wires and both lights will work, if you do this on a car that is older than Oct 2006 you will get an error on the idrive.
Will this still pass a UK MOT without this light functioning?

Quick Reply: V6.1 LCI retrofit cables with Special Brake light (Ricky Brake)