Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

V6.1 LCI retrofit cables with Special Brake light (Ricky Brake)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

OK Folks

The long wait is finally over for the pre-LCI cars who want the Special Brake light effect.

For those who don't know what this is all about:
In LCI cars or cars with the LCI lights retrofitted with my V6 cables when you press the Brake the lights behind the LED rods light up and thus you loose sight of the LED bars. With the modified version of the cables called V6.1 the circle bulb is used as the Brake light so that when you press the Brake there are no bulbs behind the LED bars and so they are not lost even while Braking. Infact while braking I've made the LED bars to also go brighter to match the circle bulb, so that it looks more even. There is no Strobing on the LED bars or the LED turn lights and ofcourse no idrive errors.

See picture below of V6.1 on the LEFT and V6 on the RIGHT. Hardly any difference during normal usage.
V6.1 LCI retrofit cables with Special Brake light (Ricky Brake)-img_2834.jpg

But when you Brake it makes all the difference.
V6.1 LCI retrofit cables with Special Brake light (Ricky Brake)-img_2837.jpg

Downsides:
1. In the EU you will loose the rear fog light.
2. In some countries and US states the fact that there are bulbs in the rear lights which don't light up may not be considered legal in the vehicle inspection.
3. You are altering the OEM position of the Brake light.

But you can't argue with the looks-cool factor of this mod.

I have reused a lot of the V6 design and parts so you get excellent build quality at a fraction of the V6 costs. The modules are mounted under the lights themselves used brackets which are included.

I am introducing the kit at a special price of £150 which includes p&p and payment is via Paypal. Compare this to the price of the V6 which is £250 and who'll realise what a massive good deal this is.

This price is limited only to the first 20 people who click the link below.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=TCS4FSWM76SBW

LCI cars are next and I should have something for them next week, just a few more things to sort out. But the biggest hurdle has been over-come, I managed to find the plugs required for both ends for an LCI car.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks legit, what kind of warranty can we expect with this new cable?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

A full no-questions-asked 12 months warranty.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Contributors

A full 12 months warranty.

Anyone not requiring DHL Express shipping will get a discount of £10 on the price above. So you will get this for only £140 including normal post.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Payment sent!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Contributors

I'll be shipping out a few sets this week to various places. I will then wait to hear feedback before shipping out the lot.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black. Premium, Sport, Winter packages. PDC.

Sent an order in as well.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

I would like a set as well! Please let me know when they're ready to be shipped.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:14 AM
Contributors

All sets ship out next week. BMW have promised me that the plugs needed are due in on Sat.

Quick Reply: V6.1 LCI retrofit cables with Special Brake light (Ricky Brake)