Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Group Buy ///M5 Mirrors

Old 07-31-2005, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

depending on the price? im down.. eric
Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

So far we have a few people who have expressed interest.

1. Blackonblackinblack (So Cal)
2. EBMCS03 (So Cal)
3. freed0m (Nor Cal)
4. soc_fans (Nor Cal)
5. Centurion (So Cal)
6. stream
7. ats77 (Europe) <--- needs special attention for mirrors
8. DINAN530i
9. bleudyno (So Cal)
10. Ray S (chicago)
11. ericbds (So Cal)

List is growing quick!

I'll try to go ask the pricing tomorrow... From the information I've gathered if you want to match the US convention of flat glass on the drivers side and convex glass on the passengers side you can't do it just yet. Might have to wait till sept when the M5 arrives here in the states. as for the passenger There are two convex ones right not. one that says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" but written in aribic or some sort... most of us dont want that... the other one is the plain convex mirror w/out any writing... I think I like that one over the DOT standard US writing...

and as for the drivers side right now... since we dont have a flat one there is the European split wide version... where the outter edge is like wide angle... "better than those people sticking the stick on convex smaller mirror on the corner of their mirror" Other wise we can wait til they release the conventional flat one for the drivers side.

I'll ask either way tomorrow or Tues and keep everyone posted.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jul 31 2005, 11:37 PM
Those look like old E39 M5 mirrors.
[snapback]154982[/snapback]
i agree plus they dont have the turn signal on the bottom either from the picture....rather have the real thing for a few extra bucks....
Old 07-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:25 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Jul 31 2005, 11:37 PM']Those look like old E39 M5 mirrors.
i agree plus they dont have the turn signal on the bottom either from the picture....rather have the real thing for a few extra bucks....
[snapback]154993[/snapback]
[/quote]

Haha yup. You're right. Now i'm down to get the 'real thing' instead.. i'm so eager to find out the price for the M5 mirrors. EBMCS03, can you ask them if it is possible for them to paint the mirrors? It will be cheaper and more convinient if it is already been painted as we don't have to bring it to the bodyshop and paint them.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Jul 31 2005, 11:07 PM
[quote name='DINAN530i' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:25 AM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Jul 31 2005, 11:37 PM']Those look like old E39 M5 mirrors.
[snapback]154993[/snapback]
[/quote]

Haha yup. You're right. Now i'm down to get the 'real thing' instead.. i'm so eager to find out the price for the M5 mirrors. EBMCS03, can you ask them if it is possible for them to paint the mirrors? It will be cheaper and more convinient if it is already been painted as we don't have to bring it to the bodyshop and paint them.
[snapback]155004[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh ya... i'm going to see if they can order them painted... I'm going to push for it since we have quite a few orders... if not see if they can paint it for cheap at their body shop.

Oh BTW Dinan530... those are not blinkers at the bottom, the black part you are referring to... they're ummm like race car indicators... so from in front u can look back and see color coded bottom half mirrors and know whos commin up in a race... Friend or Foe.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

ebmcso3...... i wonder if it is easy to install????hope it is just plug and play...eitherway ... im down.. eric
Old 08-01-2005, 04:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Aug 1 2005, 04:06 AM
ebmcso3...... i wonder if it is easy to install????hope it is just plug and play...eitherway ... im down.. eric
[snapback]155011[/snapback]
You will need to remove the door's interior cover.

Some difficult with the thread-tapping screws. I suggest that you try it before the replace procedure.

Here the mirrors replace instructions:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mirror.pdf (140.0 KB, 201 views)
Old 08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alex.br' date='Aug 1 2005, 06:04 AM
[quote name='ericdbs' date='Aug 1 2005, 04:06 AM']ebmcso3...... i wonder if it is easy to install????hope it is just plug and play...eitherway ... im down.. eric
[snapback]155011[/snapback]
You will need to remove the door's interior cover.

Some difficult with the thread-tapping screws. I suggest that you try it before the replace procedure.

Here the mirrors replace instruction:
[snapback]155049[/snapback]
[/quote]

EBMCS03, since you're checking, would you please also check on how much your dealer will charge to install, and paint them...I'd like to know the bottom line...I'm assuming you're talking about Long Beach? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jul 31 2005, 10:15 PM
So far we have a few people who have expressed interest.

1. Blackonblackinblack (So Cal)
2. EBMCS03 (So Cal)
3. freed0m (Nor Cal)
4. soc_fans (Nor Cal)
5. Centurion (So Cal)
6. stream
7. ats77 (Europe) <--- needs special attention for mirrors
8. DINAN530i
9. bleudyno (So Cal)
10. Ray S (chicago)
11. ericbds (So Cal)
12.nolan222(So Cal) depending on price...

List is growing quick!

I'll try to go ask the pricing tomorrow... From the information I've gathered if you want to match the US convention of flat glass on the drivers side and convex glass on the passengers side you can't do it just yet. Might have to wait till sept when the M5 arrives here in the states. as for the passenger There are two convex ones right not. one that says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" but written in aribic or some sort... most of us dont want that... the other one is the plain convex mirror w/out any writing... I think I like that one over the DOT standard US writing...

and as for the drivers side right now... since we dont have a flat one there is the European split wide version... where the outter edge is like wide angle... "better than those people sticking the stick on convex smaller mirror on the corner of their mirror" Other wise we can wait til they release the conventional flat one for the drivers side.

I'll ask either way tomorrow or Tues and keep everyone posted.
[snapback]154992[/snapback]
Old 08-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Anyone know if they will fit 6er? I think they are just right for the 6er appearance.
If so count me in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Group Buy ///M5 Mirrors