Group Buy ///M5 Mirrors - Page 8 - 5Series.net - Forums

Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Old 09-03-2005, 12:15 AM   #71
Contributors

Well, Justin tells me I will be receiving my mirrors next week some time! I can't wait...although it's kind of late to be asking...I don't have any designated buttons for the fold-in/tilt-up function. I hear the install is plug-and-play...but what button do I use to make the mirror tilt up? (I've seen it mentioned that the key can do this as well?) If I did not have this option when I ordered the car, will I need to order additional parts? I asked Justin and he told me no. I see that Alex's tilts but couldn't see where anything is mentioned about what button makes the mirrors tilt up. Anyone in the U.S. have these mirrors installed, and how does it work? Thanks.
Blackonblackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:20 AM   #72
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Sep 3 2005, 12:15 AM
Well, Justin tells me I will be receiving my mirrors next week some time!? I can't wait...although it's kind of late to be asking...I don't have any designated buttons for the fold-in/tilt-up function.? I hear the install is plug-and-play...but what button do I use to make the mirror tilt up?? (I've seen it mentioned that the key can do this as well?)? If I did not have this option when I ordered the car, will I need to order additional parts?? I asked Justin and he told me no.? I see that Alex's tilts but couldn't see where anything is mentioned about what button makes the mirrors tilt up.? Anyone in the U.S. have these mirrors installed, and how does it work?? Thanks.
[snapback]166512[/snapback]
You make a very good point and something we all overlooked.

Do you plan on doing the install yourself if the solution to getting the mirrors to fold is easy?
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:50 AM   #73
Contributors

Quote:
Well, Justin tells me I will be receiving my mirrors next week some time!? I can't wait...although it's kind of late to be asking...I don't have any designated buttons for the fold-in/tilt-up function.? I hear the install is plug-and-play...but what button do I use to make the mirror tilt up?? (I've seen it mentioned that the key can do this as well?)? If I did not have this option when I ordered the car, will I need to order additional parts?? I asked Justin and he told me no.? I see that Alex's tilts but couldn't see where anything is mentioned about what button makes the mirrors tilt up.? Anyone in the U.S. have these mirrors installed, and how does it work?? Thanks.

Here's a picture of the switch used to fold up the mirrors (the one next to the mirror L/R switch). I took this picture at BMW Niederlassung in Munich (It was in an M5). However, I don't know what it would take in addition to the switch to make the folding function work on US cars (which did not come with a folding option....even though my friend's US E90 325i has it ). Also, if you were to get the folding function to work with the switch I don't know if the US dealers would be able to program the mirrors to fold up with the key like they can in Europe.

rodybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #74
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jul 31 2005, 10:15 PM
So far we have a few people who have expressed interest.

1. Blackonblackinblack (So Cal)
2. EBMCS03 (So Cal)
3. freed0m (Nor Cal)
4. soc_fans (Nor Cal)
5. Centurion (So Cal)
6. stream
7. ats77 (Europe) <--- needs special attention for mirrors
8. DINAN530i
9. bleudyno (So Cal)
10. Ray S (chicago)
11. ericbds (So Cal)

List is growing quick!

I'll try to go ask the pricing tomorrow... From the information I've gathered if you want to match the US convention of flat glass on the drivers side and convex glass on the passengers side you can't do it just yet. Might have to wait till sept when the M5 arrives here in the states. as for the passenger There are two convex ones right not. one that says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" but written in aribic or some sort... most of us dont want that... the other one is the plain convex mirror w/out any writing... I think I like that one over the DOT standard US writing...

and as for the drivers side right now... since we dont have a flat one there is the European split wide version... where the outter edge is like wide angle... "better than those people sticking the stick on convex smaller mirror on the corner of their mirror" Other wise we can wait til they release the conventional flat one for the drivers side.

I'll ask either way tomorrow or Tues and keep everyone posted.
[snapback]154992[/snapback]

Sounds like a fortune to put on mirrors...
12vguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:23 PM   #75
Contributors

Thanks RODYBMW for the photo. That's what I was looking for. I may have to ask Justin what he knows about this, and as Alex tells me, I may have to order additional modules for both doors. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #76
Contributors

yeah here in Eu I have the same buttons-of course as option w auto-dimming mirrors

Quote:

Here's a picture of the switch used to fold up the mirrors (the one next to the mirror L/R switch). I took this picture at BMW Niederlassung in Munich (It was in an M5). However, I don't know what it would take in addition to the switch to make the folding function work on US cars (which did not come with a folding option....even though my friend's US E90 325i has it ). Also, if you were to get the folding function to work with the switch I don't know if the US dealers would be able to program the mirrors to fold up with the key like they can in Europe.

[snapback]166535[/snapback]
[/quote]
ats77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #77
Contributors

I'm off to Germany the 2nd week in October to pick up my friend's new 3 Series...maybe I can talk to the factory directly to see what I need to do in order for the folding option to work on my car...just curious, anyone in the U.S. have the folding mirrors installed?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:43 AM   #78
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Sep 4 2005, 10:15 AM
I'm off to Germany the 2nd week in October to pick up my friend's new 3 Series...maybe I can talk to the factory directly to see what I need to do in order for the folding option to work on my car...just curious, anyone in the U.S. have the folding mirrors installed?
[snapback]166846[/snapback]
WOW really? maybe u can pick up a few things (parts) from Germany thats not sold here... like the M5 rear trunk piece... if the price painted is cheaper than in the US.
EBMCS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #79
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Sep 4 2005, 10:15 AM
[snapback]166846[/snapback]
How about a price on the mirrors themselves (they should fit a US e60 right?).
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote