Pentagon Supaglass - 5Series.net - Forums

Go Back  5Series.net - Forums > Classifieds > Group Buys
Reload this Page >

Pentagon Supaglass

Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Pentagon Supaglass

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-04-2005, 02:23 AM
  #1  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
shiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cymru
Posts: 302
Default

Hey all - one thing I wish I'd got with my car is the privacy glass option. Looking around for an aftermarket solution I came across Pentagon Glasstech PENTAGON - they seem to be the best in the UK market, with many friends recommending them.

I contacted the guys as Pentagon and they're doing a 30% off offer for September 2005 - to fit security glass all round with the rear windows and screen tinted as well came to just under ?500 + VAT.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy? We could probably get an even better discount if a few of us went at the same time...... Pentagon are based in London but I believe they have offices in Bristol and Birmingham too.

Here is a review on TSnet... TSnet review

Let me know what you think!
shiny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
  #2  
Contributors
 
ScottishBimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 124
My Ride: (UK) Bulit: Feb 2004, 520i (M54), 6-Speed Manual, Black leather, Titanium Silver, Bi-Xenon, Headlamp washers, Side rear airbags, Park Distance Control, Aluminium trim, Standard Climate Control, 17" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's, Spacesaver Spare wheel, Jack, Dynamic drive, Service Inclusive, Chrome grills, Software version 20.01.00, E60.net Clings, Painted wheel hubs silver
Default

Hey, that seems like a lot of money for very little work. Try going to a local car tuning garage. They should do a great job for the money. (Make sure you see other cars that they have tinted first though!) Had mine done for ?105 just the other week!

Hope that saves you some cash!
ScottishBimmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:34 PM
  #3  
Senior Members
 
tomwid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 667
My Ride: Jet Black 545i
Default

Yea for real, for that kind of $$ it better be bullet proof.
tomwid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:00 PM
  #4  
Senior Members
 
DINAN530i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,063
Default

does seem high i paid 225 US dollars for mine from a great company in Chicago Renn-Art
DINAN530i is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 PM
  #5  
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 191
My Ride: 535d Auto M Sport delivered 04/10/05, Carbon Black, Beige Ventilated Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Media Pack - Sat Nav Pro, Bmw Assist, Bluetooth phone prep + telematics + snap in adapter for Nokia 6230i & 6 CD, Visibility Pack - bi-xenons, adaptive headlights and Headlight Wash, HUD, High Gloss Shadow Line, Extended Lights, HiFi System, Extended Voice, M Spoiler and Heated/ventilated f/seats. Chrome Grills. M Double Spoke 19" Mixed Wheels 172 with 245/35 front and 275/30 rear (Non-runflat continentals) Spare wheel and jack. Supaglass.
Default

Shiny, I got a similar quote from them - but they do point out that their 'Supaglass' is quite resilient to 'smash & grab' attacks - which is why I didn't specify the privacy glass from new. Once my new wheels arrive I'll be straight in there (unless someone else can recommend another place ?)
Boxsterfeet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:14 AM
  #6  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
shiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cymru
Posts: 302
Default

Originally Posted by Boxsterfeet' date='Sep 5 2005, 02:47 AM
Shiny, I got a similar quote from them - but they do point out that their 'Supaglass' is quite resilient to 'smash & grab' attacks - which is why I didn't specify the privacy glass from new. Once my new wheels arrive I'll be straight in there (unless someone else can recommend another place ?)
[snapback]166984[/snapback]

Yep, my understanding of it is that the "Supaglass" laminate is much tougher than a standard tint plastic. Or are they much the same? -I'd much rather pay less for "normal" tints if the protection element remains high.

Anyone have an idea?

cheers

Shi
shiny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:49 AM
  #7  
Senior Members
 
535D Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London
Posts: 527
Default

Originally Posted by shiny' date='Sep 5 2005, 04:14 PM
Yep, my understanding of it is that the "Supaglass" laminate is much tougher than a standard tint plastic. Or are they much the same? -I'd much rather pay less for "normal" tints if the protection element remains high.

Anyone have an idea?

cheers

Shi
[snapback]167059[/snapback]
shiny....the Superglass laminate is much thicker than the normal tinting film, there is virtually no protection from normal tinting films. Although your window will remain in place if smashed due to the film holding it there, one push and it will fall out. Also remember all front window tinting in the UK is illegal, if you get a tug from plod they will tell you to get it removed. I have my front windows tinted cost me ?100, the tint is slightly lighter than the factory tinted dark glass looks great.
Attached Thumbnails Pentagon Supaglass-dsc00672.jpg  
535D Sport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:03 AM
  #8  
Senior Members
 
DINAN530i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 1,063
Default

i was not concerened witht eh safety factor...for one reason if they want in the car alittle tint film is not going to stop any professional criminal. Hell they can break the front window... there are many options...I say save the money and go with regular tints..cause the supa tint willnot save your e60 alone
DINAN530i is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:55 PM
  #9  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
shiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cymru
Posts: 302
Default

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' date='Sep 5 2005, 03:03 PM
i was not concerened witht eh safety factor...for one reason if they want in the car alittle tint film is not going to stop any professional criminal.? Hell they can break the front window... there are many options...I say save the money and go with regular tints..cause the supa tint willnot save your e60 alone
[snapback]167154[/snapback]
The Supaglass isn't just tinted, it's marketed as a protective shield. There's a video of a guy whacking it with a hammer in this review .

I'd go for clear Supaglass in the front (It's illegal to have tints in the front windows in the UK) and tinted Supaglass in the back.
shiny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:15 AM
  #10  
Senior Members
 
535D Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: London
Posts: 527
Default

Originally Posted by shiny' date='Sep 5 2005, 10:55 PM
The Supaglass isn't just tinted, it's marketed as a protective shield. There's a video of a guy whacking it with a hammer in this review .

I'd go for clear Supaglass in the front (It's illegal to have tints in the front windows in the UK) and tinted Supaglass in the back.
[snapback]167231[/snapback]
If you are going to tint the rears you must tint the fronts other wise it looks totally out of place.
535D Sport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
BMW BRAD
Private Member Classifieds
25
11-29-2010 09:51 PM
B2autodesigns
Archived Sales
10
10-31-2010 07:22 PM
skelevirus
Lounge
156
03-27-2010 12:48 PM
Rudy
Lounge
3
02-22-2008 12:44 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread