Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

GROUP BUY: DENSION Gateway 500 (GW51MO2)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IS IT TOO LATE TO GET IN ON THE GROUP BUY?? WILL THIS WORK WITH MY 2006 530i?? I HAVE NO NAV AND NO CDC, MY HU PLAYS MP3 CD'S WITH TEXT. HOW EASY WOULD THIS INSTALL DIY OR WOULD I BE BETTER OFF TAKING TO THE DEALERSHIP?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i - ACS front lip, red calipers, hardwired Bel RX65, Satechi A2DP setup, Ram magnetic mount for HTC Kaiser, 40% tint, euro stickers, carbon filter removed (all within 3 weeks of picking up the car. I love this forum! =) NEXT: sprint booster

Just two questions. I have CDC but not mp3 enabled.

1) is the iphone 3G cable long enough to reach my iphone that is mounted on my dash right above the idrive screen?
2) if i don't have mp3 enabled, can i still control the music directly from my iphone 3G screen? (use the car just as a speaker...)

thanks.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FANTASTIC 5' post='825582' date='Mar 24 2009, 01:13 PM
Good news! I just received my Dension order and have shipped the orders. Everyone will receive the confirmation email/tracking later this evening. Thanks again guys!
I was tracking this and it was suppose to be delivered today. I stopped by the dealer during lunch and as per bruce_mirand's DIY thread bought these wires and connectors to make it 100% plug and play:

1 x UNIVERSAL SOCKET HOUSING UNCODED 3 POL. 61138377072
1 x UNIVERSAL PIN TERMINAL UNCODED 3 POL. 61136931929
2 x PIN-CONTACT 0,75MM 61130006664
2 x BUSHING CONTACT 0.75MM 61130006663

Total cost= $11.37 tax included.

Got home only to find that UPS made the delivery attempt and took it back as it is a 'signature required' package.
Usually they leave it by the door and that's what I was expecting. But not today, they took it back and said they will attempt again tomorrow but again no body is going to be home. So I went on-line and request to make a delivery to my work address which is actually pretty close to their UPS dispatching center that's where they load them up in the trucks in the morning and in my case took it back. Hopefully they will deliver it to my work address tomorrow, if not it's the weekend ahead and I will be very disappointed.

Has anybody done this before, I mean request to deliver to a different address on line like this. Will they deliver to the different address still within the same UPS center very next day.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed....
Old 03-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eventhough I just installed my OEM BMW interface which I love, I'm tempted to jump on this GB because of the expendability of the GW500. If I understand correctly, the newer AVR that will be released shortly for the BMW will not work on MASK (Non-navi) cars correct?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by jinro1' post='827811' date='Mar 26 2009, 11:32 PM
Just two questions. I have CDC but not mp3 enabled.

1) is the iphone 3G cable long enough to reach my iphone that is mounted on my dash right above the idrive screen?
2) if i don't have mp3 enabled, can i still control the music directly from my iphone 3G screen? (use the car just as a speaker...)

thanks.
1) Yes, the cable is long enough to route by the idrive. You would have to unscrew the idrive screen first and route the cord through an opening from the glove compartment to the corner opening to the idrive.

2) In order to have the dension work, you'll need Mp3 enabled. If you dont, you wont be able to use the dension correctly. The dension also has two options for your iphone/ipod to use. When I say options, I mean Source, You have 4 Source options on the Dension Gateway 500. There's GW AUX, IPOD UI, IPOD GW, and USB.

GW AUX = Auxiliary
IPOD UI = Ipod User Interface (which means, you use the iphone/ipod to control the music)
IPOD GW = IPOD Gateway (You use the Idrive to control the tracks, folders, playlists, etc)
USB = USB.

I showed you a post previously about the "Dension Gateway 500" installed. that breaks down all the options of Dension and the iphone 3g. All the options i mentioned above has some screen shots and shows you everything.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=71577&hl=

Hope this helps everyone that's unsure about features on your dension.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i - ACS front lip, red calipers, hardwired Bel RX65, Satechi A2DP setup, Ram magnetic mount for HTC Kaiser, 40% tint, euro stickers, carbon filter removed (all within 3 weeks of picking up the car. I love this forum! =) NEXT: sprint booster

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I've already began calling around for quotes on MP3 software retrofit.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='828273' date='Mar 27 2009, 12:58 PM
1) Yes, the cable is long enough to route by the idrive. You would have to unscrew the idrive screen first and route the cord through an opening from the glove compartment to the corner opening to the idrive.

2) In order to have the dension work, you'll need Mp3 enabled. If you dont, you wont be able to use the dension correctly. The dension also has two options for your iphone/ipod to use. When I say options, I mean Source, You have 4 Source options on the Dension Gateway 500. There's GW AUX, IPOD UI, IPOD GW, and USB.

GW AUX = Auxiliary
IPOD UI = Ipod User Interface (which means, you use the iphone/ipod to control the music)
IPOD GW = IPOD Gateway (You use the Idrive to control the tracks, folders, playlists, etc)
USB = USB.

I showed you a post previously about the "Dension Gateway 500" installed. that breaks down all the options of Dension and the iphone 3g. All the options i mentioned above has some screen shots and shows you everything.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=71577&hl=

Hope this helps everyone that's unsure about features on your dension.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jagbagri' post='827812' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:33 PM
Got home only to find that UPS made the delivery attempt and took it back as it is a 'signature required' package.
Usually they leave it by the door and that's what I was expecting. But not today, they took it back and said they will attempt again tomorrow but again no body is going to be home. So I went on-line and request to make a delivery to my work address which is actually pretty close to their UPS dispatching center that's where they load them up in the trucks in the morning and in my case took it back. Hopefully they will deliver it to my work address tomorrow, if not it's the weekend ahead and I will be very disappointed.

Has anybody done this before, I mean request to deliver to a different address on line like this. Will they deliver to the different address still within the same UPS center very next day.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed....

OK.. after a little hickup yesterday, it got delivered today. I have it on hand, THANKS...
The weekend looks busy but I'll see if I can do the install, if not, I'll be doing this Monday evening for sure. Will report how it goes..
thanks again Joe.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i'm gonna gte it tuesday but i prolly wont have time to install it for a month!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

any one who installs make install guides with lots of pictures and steps
Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by russdx' post='829090' date='Mar 28 2009, 10:00 AM
any one who installs make install guides with lots of pictures and steps
Sorry mate, I did not get any time to go on the forum today so no pictures, I thought we already had enough DIYs and pics for this install.

Just finished installing it. Works GREAT!!! had a little trouble with the power connector to split correctly to get power for CDC and GW both from the original CDC power source. Re-read BRUCE's instructions VOILA... finished. I'm glad I got the parts mentioned above before hand as those made the install completely plug and play. Once again thanks to Bruce_Miranda and Murttley. Everything worked out great.

Next stop Dension AVR after few reviews of-course... so it could be a while.

Quick Reply: GROUP BUY: DENSION Gateway 500 (GW51MO2)