Frequently Asked Questions Feel free to add to our FAQ answers or contribute new questions.

What are the best settings to use when burning a MP3 CD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2007 LCI Without nav or Professional Radio plays and displays all MP3 disc content perfectly.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by andymac' post='332764' date='Sep 9 2006, 05:38 PM
I am getting a bit frustrated with the whole MP3 CD thing.

I have an 06 E60 April Build with aux input etc and so my single slot cd player should handle Mp3 right?

Using Itunes with preferences set to mp3 data cd and burning at the slowest speed on a Cd-R I just get the message "medium can not be read"

any ideas, is anyone else using itunes succesfully to burn Mp3 cd's?

Help appreciated.
I just use the default settings in Windows to burn mp3 CD's and I buy cheap supermarket blank CD's - I've never yet had a problem with any of my cars, past or present, being able to play them (including E46 3 Series, E60 5 Series and E83 X3).

My advice - try Windows and not iTunes!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by blinkme_210' post='395008' date='Feb 24 2007, 04:37 AM
The easiest way to burn MP3's with perfect ID3 tags and organization is to use the Windows XP built in burning program. Simply drag your MP3's to your burner drive. You can organize them into folders however you want using folders, or a numbering system.
+1 That's my experience also, I've never played with any of the settings or used expensive brand CD's and all my CD's play in any BMW with an mp3 playback capability.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Members

What the hell is wrong with my car (Euro spec LCI with basic Hifi package)!? I can't get MP3 CDs work with ANY OF THESE SETTINGS. I have tried the settings instructed in that other thread with Nero, also tried to burn normal data CD with Nero, and I have also tried Windows XP's built-in burn program. Not to mention that I have used only quality media (Verbatim, TDK). Even Euro spec LCI without Hifi package should be able to play MP3s. The owners manual also mentions MP3 support (doesn't give burn settings though). I always get that "unsupported disc" -thing. One more problem with the disc drive: my new car hardly ever properly ejects homeburn media (although the drive has support for several different formats), sometimes it takes 15mins for the disc to come out of the drive.

Should I just go to my dealer and tell them to retrofit Logic7?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by tume' post='453279' date='Jul 30 2007, 11:16 AM
What the hell is wrong with my car (Euro spec LCI with basic Hifi package)!? I can't get MP3 CDs work with ANY OF THESE SETTINGS. I have tried the settings instructed in that other thread with Nero, also tried to burn normal data CD with Nero, and I have also tried Windows XP's built-in burn program. Not to mention that I have used only quality media (Verbatim, TDK). Even Euro spec LCI without Hifi package should be able to play MP3s. The owners manual also mentions MP3 support (doesn't give burn settings though). I always get that "unsupported disc" -thing. One more problem with the disc drive: my new car hardly ever properly ejects homeburn media (although the drive has support for several different formats), sometimes it takes 15mins for the disc to come out of the drive.

You're not using RW discs, are you? Other than that, I'm not sure what else is going on...
Old 07-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tume' post='453279' date='Jul 30 2007, 10:16 AM

I would be talking to my dealer because it sounds as though you have a problem with the drive itself.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='453533' date='Jul 31 2007, 05:22 AM
You're not using RW discs, are you? Other than that, I'm not sure what else is going on...
Nope, normal CD-R discs. This problem is getting really annoying..
Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Members

My Ride: Alpine White F11 520D SE 2013

I have burned a CD that plays in the DVD drive but not in the CD changer drive, is it possible to play MP3 CD in the changer drive?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520d SE, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Heated Seats, Bluetooth Car Kit, Privacy Windows Rear

Originally Posted by tume' post='453279' date='Jul 30 2007, 03:16 PM

Are you still having problems with the above, I had the "unsupported disc message" in my 520d (07 LCI) but worked in our 55 mini, sp played with the settings and managed to get a disk working int the 520d (07 LCI) from nero using the udf/iso option, do you want the settings??
Old 01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Members

ed_foden: I got it working.. but only way it works is burning with that XP's drag-and-drop burning. I would prefer Nero of course, so if you have those settings they would be appreciated!

Quick Reply: What are the best settings to use when burning a MP3 CD?