F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

what a BOAT!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Diamond
what don't you guys get-its not the numbers and paper scores or even objective data. It "FEELS" like a boat. I am sure its got a great skidpad and 0-60 time but it feels big and bulky and looks that way from in the cabin. Sensation is a lot of what a true driver looks for. A nice exhaust note, great engine sound, how you feel in the cockpit all make the drivin experience. Sheer speed and numbers is meaningless. The e60 felt like a race car compared to this-and I am not talking numbers. So stop quoting stats, lean, roll, acceleration-I agree I am sure its great at that stuff. It looks and feels clunky and I did not have one ounce of pleasure in my driving it. nuff said
all personal statements and terms that cannot be measured consistently between any two or more individuals. So while you feel the need to share your independent subjective experiences and thoughts, others may and do feel differently. Great you decided to share your thoughts, just wish you could have and in the future, do so with a bit more tact....
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i M-Sport xDrive
Model Year: 2017

what don't you guys get-its not the numbers and paper scores or even objective data. It "FEELS" like a boat. I am sure its got a great skidpad and 0-60 time but it feels big and bulky and looks that way from in the cabin. Sensation is a lot of what a true driver looks for. A nice exhaust note, great engine sound, how you feel in the cockpit all make the drivin experience. Sheer speed and numbers is meaningless. The e60 felt like a race car compared to this-and I am not talking numbers. So stop quoting stats, lean, roll, acceleration-I agree I am sure its great at that stuff. It looks and feels clunky and I did not have one ounce of pleasure in my driving it. nuff said
All I can say is that it's your personal feeling which has nothing to do with reality.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I hate to say it but I'm going to agree with Diamond on this one. I did extensive test drives of the F10 before choosing the M3. While the F10 is only an inch or so longer than the E60, the view over the hood really gives a perception of a much bigger car. It has to do with the way the E60 hood sloped down and out of view while the F10 has a much flatter hood, giving the driver the perception of a much longer car...
Old 02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by geobmw
All I can say is that it's your personal feeling which has nothing to do with reality.
At least not your reality...
Old 02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Members

My Ride: f10 520da - 328 wheels, ambient lighting, sport s-wheel, oyster/black, fineline anthracite, Sophisto Gray

I test drove a 2 cyl fiat 500 today for the wife.

Sounds right up your street!

here's the link

http://www.fiat.co.uk/500twinair/

Maybe they have a forum to discuss how it's so much bigger than the original for you to join?
Old 02-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
At least not your reality...
Well, I do have a different perception. As I said before let's wait a year or two and many F10 critics will be driving one.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dayvboyc
I test drove a 2 cyl fiat 500 today for the wife.

Sounds right up your street!

here's the link

http://www.fiat.co.uk/500twinair/

Maybe they have a forum to discuss how it's so much bigger than the original for you to join?
was this supposed to be funny? Keep working on it-not even a clever statement
Old 02-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well if you want to get technical and take "opinions" out of it-every car mag has tested the E60 better in virtually every category other than a quarter mile in a couple mags. So if that is enough "reality" for you-face it the F10 is a flop of a sports saloon. Enjoy feeling 70 every day of your life
Old 02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Contributors

well if you want to get technical and take "opinions" out of it-every car mag has tested the E60 better in virtually every category other than a quarter mile in a couple mags. So if that is enough "reality" for you-face it the F10 is a flop of a sports saloon. Enjoy feeling 70 every day of your life
If F10 makes you feel 70 y.o. that's your problem not mine.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

you still don't get it, sadly I doubt you ever will...sadly/surprisingly I actually share some of your opinions RE: the F10 and decided to go with an e90 m3 as well....yet you still feel the need to take jabs and seem to never come off your soap box...

</exit thread