F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

what a BOAT!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

I honestly think Diamond is a closet F10 fan. Really, if a person genuinely dislikes the car so much, why the need to constantly post about it and try so hard to convince people to hate it? Maybe he's hired by some corporate sponsor to go around spreading hate about the F10. lol.

I bet anything this guy shows up here by this time next year with a F10 and tells the world it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Steptronic, Sport, Premium, Nav, Sat. Radio, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Rear Sunshade.

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Nowdays, it's the Germans that are doing luxury better than the Japanese. (Whether that's good or not is up to you). Lexus and Infiniti's are nothing more than glamorized Camry's and Maxima's. (If you look at the interior of any Lexus, Infiniti, or Acura, you'll see a lot of design and parts-sharing from their lower tier counterparts). Even their reliability has gone down.....e.g. those massive Toyota/Lexus recalls. If you read any comparison test in car magazines, you'll see that a German car wins every time. (In a recent issue of MT, the 7 series won over the Lexus, Jaguar, and Infiniti). Even a BMW that has become less sportier is still more sport than its Japanese rival. I think the reason why German luxury cars continue to sell well, despite their high price, is that they retain their individuality and characteristics whereas the Japanese rivals continue to look like "cookie-cutter" cars every year. Even from far away, you can tell what car is a BMW, Audi, Porsche, or Mercedes, whereas nowdays, it's difficult to distinguish a Hyundai from a Lexus from a Infiniti or a Mazda.
The German cars were ranked higher in the MT comparison test because they sportier and not more luxurious. The LS400 out performed the 740i in 4 out of 7 categories including top ratings in comfort and sound system and a second in JDPowers quality score.

Really??? You really want to compare Japanese reliability versus German??? No matter how much you think Toyota's reliability has fallen, it still trumps any other German automaker.

As for "cookie or sausage cutter" cars, yes, you can pick out the Bimmers, but you can no longer distinguish between the models now that the 3, 5, and 7 series all look the same from afar.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
all personal statements and terms that cannot be measured consistently between any two or more individuals. So while you feel the need to share your independent subjective experiences and thoughts, others may and do feel differently. Great you decided to share your thoughts, just wish you could have and in the future, do so with a bit more tact....
Agreed, I have the 550i M Sport and covered just 1000 miles now. It handles really well NOW I AM getting the feel of it, it can corner tight and at speed, it just needs time with the car to get used to the characteristics of it.
Testers and test drives just are not enough to get the feel of it. I do NOT miss my M3.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I honestly think Diamond is a closet F10 fan. Really, if a person genuinely dislikes the car so much, why the need to constantly post about it and try so hard to convince people to hate it? Maybe he's hired by some corporate sponsor to go around spreading hate about the F10. lol.

I bet anything this guy shows up here by this time next year with a F10 and tells the world it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
... or maybe is paid by BMW? By posting this stuff he gets us all fired up so that we post a lot of postive stuff about the F10...

Old 02-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

this thread is just silly now.. really
Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 530D E61 525D retired E39 528i retired

Originally Posted by melimel
this thread is just silly now.. really
+ 1, and remember; they are forever....
Old 02-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Grey61
+ 1, and remember; they are forever....
so are "Diamonds"...
Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by Bdaddylo
The German cars were ranked higher in the MT comparison test because they sportier and not more luxurious. The LS400 out performed the 740i in 4 out of 7 categories including top ratings in comfort and sound system and a second in JDPowers quality score.

Really??? You really want to compare Japanese reliability versus German??? No matter how much you think Toyota's reliability has fallen, it still trumps any other German automaker.

As for "cookie or sausage cutter" cars, yes, you can pick out the Bimmers, but you can no longer distinguish between the models now that the 3, 5, and 7 series all look the same from afar.

So why are you driving a Bimmer if you think Jap cars are so superior?

I thought so.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Surely it's time to move on from this...

While I wish a couple of things were different about the F10, most of this continued criticism is absolutely ridiculous and much of it is equally baseless. There's no longer nothing new being posted, and much of what is now being posted - particularly in threads like this one - goes well beyond reasonable constructive criticism and is, essentially, now becoming little more than mean-spirited trash talk.

The F10 is what it is. If you like it, and many thousands of buyers clearly do, then go out and get one. If you don't, you can always vote with your wallet. But let's stop with the ridiculous tired old discussion that really is little more than trash talk....
Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

So why are you driving a Bimmer if you think Jap cars are so superior?

I thought so.
I don't think that is what he was saying. He was talking about fitness for the intended purpose. The BMW 740i won the MT comparo despite not coming top in any single category. The sportiest car on test was probably the base V6 Panamera, the most comfortable was probably the Lexus but the 740i did well enough in these areas to win. It's not a question of superiority. If you want a very quiet, very comfortable luxury executive sedan the Lexus is probably is the better car for you. If your requirements are for something sportier, you'll want the 740. The MT article actually went to great lengths to make this point, there was some additional content at the end of the comparison test which showed where the cars came in each category and showed how the BMW edged the overall win despite not being "best" at anything.