F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Sync drivers and passenger temp settings on Standard Air Con

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there,
Does anyone with the standard two-zone aircon (on 520d) know if it is possible to synchronise the driver's and passenger's temperature settings? The manual says this is possible on the extended aircon setup by pressing the 'ALL' button but the standard aircon does not have this button. I know that on my wife's Audi this can be done by holding down the 'AUTO' button for a couple of seconds. I have tried this but with no luck. Any ideas?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mkchappo
Hi there,
Does anyone with the standard two-zone aircon (on 520d) know if it is possible to synchronise the driver's and passenger's temperature settings? The manual says this is possible on the extended aircon setup by pressing the 'ALL' button but the standard aircon does not have this button. I know that on my wife's Audi this can be done by holding down the 'AUTO' button for a couple of seconds. I have tried this but with no luck. Any ideas?
Trade for an Audi?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Senior Members

Hi there,
Nope, I think this is only available with the ext AC.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hey mkchappo and welcome.

The two-zone standard don't have that feature, the extended has.
If you have chrome on the front vents you have the extended feature, otherwise not.
Attached Thumbnails Sync drivers and passenger temp settings on Standard Air Con-eky-6-recycled.jpg  
Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Members

Thanks for your replies. Mine only has the standard air con (no silver strips). Doesn't explicitly mention this in the description of 'extended' A/C in brochure. Never really thought to ask about this in test drives as every other car I have had with dual-zone A/C has always had this function.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Thanks for your replies. Mine only has the standard air con (no silver strips). Doesn't explicitly mention this in the description of 'extended' A/C in brochure. Never really thought to ask about this in test drives as every other car I have had with dual-zone A/C has always had this function.
There is also the four zone extended AC availabe, it goes for the back seats also.