F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Not feeling the F10-never thought I would say this

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

here is my 2 cents and trust me I did not read the hours of posts above me... who has time for that!

the f10 is more on the side of luxury than sport. huge weight gains and loquaciousness luxury inside- when I pick my 550 f10 i will not be thinking about how I will be tracking it... for me the race car stopped at the e60 production ( even that is a little big) So f10 550 and a m3 problem solved

awesome car, lots of power and all the more toys
Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
the exact reverse can be said about you liking the f10...

yes, and that's your opinion, which you've stated repetitively throughout every single thread you have felt compelled to post in here in the f10 section...let it go..do not feed the trolls....

funny how any post can be interpreted so many different ways, where one sees discussion and opinion other's may see "bitching and moaning". Now you tell me which is a 5series.net member and which is an RF member...

</unsubscribed
So Diamond is a troll?......I never would have guessed.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Petes550i
So Diamond is a troll?......I never would have guessed.
Well look at my post history-I only had the MOST read thread and most useful thread ever with a tranny reset and lots of good advice. I simply dont and never have tolerate stupidity-but hey you can go drive your f10 boat down the road with the wind going through your gray hair-enjoy
Old 07-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by Diamond
Well look at my post history-I only had the MOST read thread and most useful thread ever with a tranny reset and lots of good advice. I simply dont and never have tolerate stupidity-but hey you can go drive your f10 boat down the road with the wind going through your gray hair-enjoy

Whatever you say, boss.

I rest my case.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Come on guys - this was a good discussion. Either get it back on track or let's move on.

Pete - in reading the thread again it probably looks like people don't appreciate the F10 for what it is. It's clear to me that the F10 is exactly what BMW wanted it to be and that it is a first rate product. Please don't misinterpret the "what-if" discussions as anything other than that. You've bought a fantastic car and it is clear that it is perfect you for - enjoy it.

There are plenty of things Porsche could have and should have done better with my 911, no car is without its flaws. As I said in another thread, the only opinion that matters is the one making your car payment.

Enjoy your 550, Pete, and congratulations on acquiring a great car.

With that, perhaps it's time for us to stop flogging a dead horse.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames
Come on guys - this was a good discussion. Either get it back on track or let's move on.

Pete - in reading the thread again it probably looks like people don't appreciate the F10 for what it is. It's clear to me that the F10 is exactly what BMW wanted it to be and that it is a first rate product. Please don't misinterpret the "what-if" discussions as anything other than that. You've bought a fantastic car and it is clear that it is perfect you for - enjoy it.

There are plenty of things Porsche could have and should have done better with my 911, no car is without its flaws. As I said in another thread, the only opinion that matters is the one making your car payment.

Enjoy your 550, Pete, and congratulations on acquiring a great car.

With that, perhaps it's time for us to stop flogging a dead horse.

Thank you, I really appreciate your comments! You know, when I joined this forum last month, I never expected to be in a position where I had to defend my purchase so quickly and often. However, being one of the "early adopters" of an E60 and just recently a 2009 Acura TL, I should have known better. I guess this pretty much always happens when a new model is introduced. People don't like change . I think riracing is correct in that us F10 owners have to be patient and wait until more and more people come to terms with the change and be part of the new family.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Diamond
Here we go again...

No need to go on the offensive there Diamond. This thread is all about opinions and up until now, things have remained civil and respectful. Please resist the urge to post things that attack members personally -- I think by now, you, of all people, understand the consequences...
Old 07-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Members

Go diamond !! Could not agree more . Sometimes the truth hurts. BMW is headed in a different direction.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Members

A true BMW enthusiast does not care what other people think of his ride. Old shool BMW ehthusiast rarely buy them brand new. And if anybody's truely a BMW enthusiast its apparent BMW i hate to say is steering away from what made her stand out.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Members

I don't want to generalize, but the argument between E60 and F10 which became personal with character attacks really does not put this forum in good light. I joined thinking that this is a place where I can get and share information with other BMW owners regardless of which model we all own, instead what I am seeing is 'experienced' members like Diamond attacking others who God forbid dare to defend their purchase. What a put off and bad representation for the forum :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Not feeling the F10-never thought I would say this