F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

New F10 on Ship Headed for My House!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be telling BMW to shove my car. They still do not have an answer or even know where my car is. They do not know when I will get it. I thought buying a luxury car was supposed to be a great experience. I got better service when I bought domestic. When I ordered domestic they at least knew where my car was and when I would get it. I am at a total loss. Will someone please let me know if this is some huge aboration.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Doc Holiday
Will someone please let me know if this is some huge aboration.
At least you don't get good service and the explanations are lousy.

Meil BMW of North America and ask them what is going on.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/ContactUs/
Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport. 19" Wheels. Pro Nav. Logic 7. BT. Dakota.

It does sound strange.

My dealer could tell me exactly where the car was - both before build, during and after. He told me the exact day which would be the last to change spec, the exact day it was built and the exact day it was at the dock destined for UK.

Also - and this is quite nice, he 'put my name on it' - and this fast-tracked it through the order process hugely. The original del date was 10th June, but because it was now an official customer order - I had the car on the 29th May.

BMW just don't do failure. The idea that a car leaves the factory incomplete would have senior staff members comitting suicide! Ha Ha. You get what i mean.

My gut feeling is that they sold your car to a cash buyer that was desparate and have now tried to fast-track you a new one.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Here in the states, June 11th must be the official delivery date. Or some kind of official date! When I test drove the 535, the SA mentioned that the two cars they had on the lot were early deliveries for the dealers only and that they would start getting more F10's after June 11th. He then mentioned that the 550 on the showroom floor already had a deposit from a buyer. I asked when he was taking delivery and he said after June 11th. Not sure why my dealer is sticking with that date but he made it seem that it was some official date from BMWNA. Good luck, just a few more days though I know it's been frustrating for you!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i Titanium Silver (F10)

Yes it appears very mysterious, I agree with turner001 as our dealer - Park Lane London dealt with us through just one man and he was able to tell us where the car was whenever we inquired. In fact he was able to fast track it for us by nearly two weeks. So there are a lot of questions you need to be asking as this is a very odd situation. Wishing you all the very best.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Be careful of the responses from Shahid and others in the UK. The F10 has been formally introduced and is for sale in Europe but that is not the case here in the states. I don't recall any one here in the US actually taking delivery yet and as I noted above the only 550 my dealer has on the lot has been bought but they won't let him take delivery until June 11th. Unfortunately you car may be in the same limbo though I understand your frustration, especially if your dealer sold the demo they had. Mine has refused to deliver the demo...
Old 06-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
At least you don't get good service and the explanations are lousy.

Meil BMW of North America and ask them what is going on.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/ContactUs/
Here is a laugh. I called BMWNA and they said that they could not track my car beyond the port. They referred me to my dealer for further information. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Members

Got a call yesterday. My missing 535i has mysteriously shown up at the dealership and they did not know it was coming. Bad think is I am now on vacation and will not be able to pick it up until Friday. Curiouser and curiouser.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Doc Holiday
Got a call yesterday. My missing 535i has mysteriously shown up at the dealership and they did not know it was coming. Bad think is I am now on vacation and will not be able to pick it up until Friday. Curiouser and curiouser.
That'll teach "Doc" about when to choose his "Holiday's"...
Old 06-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Members

What I heard was that there was about 2 weeks of production in April (when the Volcano stopped all air travel in Europe) where some seat module (may have been a seat belt module) was not able to be delivered to the factory. Instead of keeping those cars in Germany and slowing the rest of the production line while they waited for air freight to resume, they went ahead and shipped all those cars to VPC without the seat belt module. I believe that the thought was to at least get them to their port of destination where the part could be later shipped for installation. They had the parts air freighted once the flights started back so that the part could be installed at the VPC and then delivered to the dealers. I guess they thought it would ultimately be quicker than waiting for that to be done in Germany and then put on a boat and shipped to the US. Apparently not the case as it sounds.

Cars produced after this 2 week period were shipped to the VPC completed and then on to the dealer for delivery, while the cars that were shipped earlier without the seat module had to have the part installed before being shipped to the dealer. That also resulted in a backlog of hundreds of cars waiting for transport from the VPC to the dealers, which further added to the delay. Just what I heard.

Quick Reply: New F10 on Ship Headed for My House!