F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many of the new techs in the F10 are from the F01 launched in 2008. Hence, they would have been tested and any issues sorted out I hope. The F10 is actually a smaller and more agile F01. My current E60 is from the first batch and I guess I am lucky as it does not give me any reliability problem.

Originally Posted by bravojs
Considering to get the new F10, hopefully no significant reliability issues for first batch. Any idea how much additional to upgrade from Nav Business to prof ? The smaller sceen dosent seem to blend too well judging frm available pics
Old 03-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
Many of the new techs in the F10 are from the F01 launched in 2008. Hence, they would have been tested and any issues sorted out I hope. The F10 is actually a smaller and more agile F01. My current E60 is from the first batch and I guess I am lucky as it does not give me any reliability problem.
This is the comforting part. The electronic is coming form the 7 series. Rightfully, they would have sorted out most of the bugs. What we need to watch out for is the brand new 8 speed gear box.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Members

The 8 speed gear box is not brand new. It is the same one that was first introduced in the 760Li last year.

Originally Posted by oZZo
This is the comforting part. The electronic is coming form the 7 series. Rightfully, they would have sorted out most of the bugs. What we need to watch out for is the brand new 8 speed gear box.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Members

Any one book the oyster / black interior trim? I saw this trim on the F01 740Li and it looks really good with the 2 tone. Any one has the picture for this trim? I think the oyster / oyster trim is too light and will be difficult to upkeep especially in the footwell as this colour gets dirty easily. Any one has any advice?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
Any one book the oyster / black interior trim? I saw this trim on the F01 740Li and it looks really good with the 2 tone. Any one has the picture for this trim? I think the oyster / oyster trim is too light and will be difficult to upkeep especially in the footwell as this colour gets dirty easily. Any one has any advice?
Not sure about the oyster colour you mentioned. I am quite sceptical of light coloured interior, hence, I opted for Cinnamon brown. Currently I have Auburn brown, and I noticed the colour will be off at high contact area if I don't clean it. Most likely you have to clean your leather seats quite regularly to maintain the colour.

I checked out the Prof Navigation system on the 7 series its awesome. I have since upgraded from Business to Progession Nav system. Hence, final option list is Sunblind, and Professional Nav system. I took out the soft close door function. I am considering adding sports steering with sports auto transmission. Any difference between normal and sports auto other than paddle shift function?
Old 04-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by oZZo
I took out the soft close door function. I am considering adding sports steering with sports auto transmission. Any difference between normal and sports auto other than paddle shift function?
Sports Auto transmission - besides the paddles, there will also be another toggle switch next to the gear selector that will allow you to select between normal and sport modes. For the latter, I understand that the steering becomes more direct, and the throttle response is more immediate. Not sure if this affects the engine mapping though.

Curious as to your thoughts on the Soft Close function, which was a fairly standard spec for the E60s brought in by PML. Am thinking about adding this to my order. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Members

The question I have is how much does the average Singaporean earn in a year? Or at least the average BMW buyer? In the USA/Canada the average 5 series buyer might earn $250,000+ $USD/year. This vehicle (523i) in Singapore converts to about $150,000CAD. We can have a nicely equipped 535 for about $70,000CAD. So the question is; is the average salary more than double what one earns in Canada or the USA? If it is, then the car price is in line (relative to economics). If not, the import duties being charged result in a hosing for you!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Curious as to your thoughts on the Soft Close function, which was a fairly standard spec for the E60s brought in by PML.
I find this very useful...especially if u have small kids.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by grover432
The question I have is how much does the average Singaporean earn in a year? Or at least the average BMW buyer? In the USA/Canada the average 5 series buyer might earn $250,000+ $USD/year. This vehicle (523i) in Singapore converts to about $150,000CAD. We can have a nicely equipped 535 for about $70,000CAD. So the question is; is the average salary more than double what one earns in Canada or the USA? If it is, then the car price is in line (relative to economics). If not, the import duties being charged result in a hosing for you!
average singapore household income is approx 80k singapore dollars. but the average singapore does not buy an F10.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Sports Auto transmission - besides the paddles, there will also be another toggle switch next to the gear selector that will allow you to select between normal and sport modes. For the latter, I understand that the steering becomes more direct, and the throttle response is more immediate. Not sure if this affects the engine mapping though.

Curious as to your thoughts on the Soft Close function, which was a fairly standard spec for the E60s brought in by PML. Am thinking about adding this to my order. Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

As mentioned already, the soft close function is probably more useful for those with small children. However, this function will only assist to close the door on the last 6mm. This means not very helpful if your children is very young. Hence, I decided to drop this option.

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans