F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Bang and Olufson

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by gorban
For me, B&O is more design than sound. And it comes with a high price too.

I couldnt had said better myself.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Exactly!

But then again, some people can argue that BMW - with the F10 - is becoming also more about design than performance...

Well interior design...hehe.

The e60 outside design/structure is IMO more eye catching and sporty than the F10. :/
Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I just hope it sounds better than stock and L7
Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
Well interior design...hehe.

The e60 outside design/structure is IMO more eye catching and sporty than the F10. :/
LOL yeah, from pinnacle of engineering cars to best interior designers... next, they'll go "housewife" and start making minivans, I guess. But with B&O speakers

Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Senior Members

LOL yeah, from pinnacle of engineering cars to best interior designers... next, they'll go "housewife" and start making minivans, I guess. But with B&O speakers

B&O are sweet speakers.

I have BOSE in my whole house, lol. Though I never herd it in th a car.

They have done comparisons with the A8, many ppl say that its not really wort the 8k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esk8OFx7QFw
Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Dude, I never really knocked on Bose - they make very decent speakers. They give great sound for their size and have pretty good surround processing. I would even go as far as to say that most Bose systems I've heard sounded better than most B&O systems I've heard. And it goes without saying that I consider B&O overpriced POS, basically.

Here's my point though, if you go to your local musical instruments store and check out some high-quality studio monitors, you'll see how much more revealing a sound can be. My B&W 602 S3 speakers produce a very true sound - much like good studio monitor speakers, but not only are they excellent monitors - something about the construction of these speakers just gives them a little extra character - a certain warmth to the sound - that just makes reproduction of any live instrument sound absolutely right. To me at least. And granted, there are better speakers than these, but they cost SO much more than the 602's - it makes no sense to go that high without upgrading the entire system - in which case, I'd be going from a 2,3,4 thousand dollar setup to a 20-30 thousand dollar setup. If I were balling like that, I'd love it, but since I'm not (not yet, anyway ), my 602's are a great deal. I'd recommend them to anyone any time - there is NO better home speaker than the 600 series B&W. And get this, the newer generation of 600 series is supposedly not even that good - my "Series 3" generation 602's are still (if I'm not mistaken) the best sounding 602's.

Anyway, I better stop - I can talk about this stuff as much as I can about cars
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Senior Members

Dude, I never really knocked on Bose - they make very decent speakers. They give great sound for their size and have pretty good surround processing. I would even go as far as to say that most Bose systems I've heard sounded better than most B&O systems I've heard. And it goes without saying that I consider B&O overpriced POS, basically.

Here's my point though, if you go to your local musical instruments store and check out some high-quality studio monitors, you'll see how much more revealing a sound can be. My B&W 602 S3 speakers produce a very true sound - much like good studio monitor speakers, but not only are they excellent monitors - something about the construction of these speakers just gives them a little extra character - a certain warmth to the sound - that just makes reproduction of any live instrument sound absolutely right. To me at least. And granted, there are better speakers than these, but they cost SO much more than the 602's - it makes no sense to go that high without upgrading the entire system - in which case, I'd be going from a 2,3,4 thousand dollar setup to a 20-30 thousand dollar setup. If I were balling like that, I'd love it, but since I'm not (not yet, anyway ), my 602's are a great deal. I'd recommend them to anyone any time - there is NO better home speaker than the 600 series B&W. And get this, the newer generation of 600 series is supposedly not even that good - my "Series 3" generation 602's are still (if I'm not mistaken) the best sounding 602's.

Anyway, I better stop - I can talk about this stuff as much as I can about cars

Yeah mean i totally agree, B&W are amazing speakers. The only advantage BOSE has is their size. Which a lot of people (like me) dont like to have bulky speakers. Though the B&W dont look bad, they have pretty nice designs as I last saw.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Contributors

The ones I have aren't really great-looking speakers, they are your basic boxes with some accents, nothing fancy. I got them for the sound and I never regretted it.

B&W's Nautilus 802's are basically the only speakers I've ever heard that sound better than mine, and they have a great design (though nowhere near as sleek as B&O) - but they are like 3-8grand used, so I'm not upgrading to those any time soon lol

I've been thinking about building a second system one of these days - this time I wanna start with a set of "hybrid" speakers. Something that would have both - electro-static and conventional drivers. ES for highs, conventional for mids and bass. Get a proper amp and nice power and speaker wires, get a turntable... I don't know, maybe one day I'll get around to it.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

We are now a long way from F10 audio systems.

But have you guys ever heard of Genelec loudspeakers?

Very, very nice ones!

http://www.genelecusa.com/