E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Taken the plunge!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zlee1' date='Apr 28 2005, 11:26 PM
The Xenons make a huge differance. I would certainly add them.
I played with the auto tailgate at the New York car show. It was far from slow. My wife has an auto tailgate on her Chrysler van, and it closes slower than the E61. I love the button on the tailgate. On this board I saw photos of "Ablagenpaket" Option 493. This is a fastening system for the cargo area. I love this option. It seems so usefull. I hope they will let me order it in the US.? From the my online German to English translator, "Lichtpaket # 563" seems interesting. I would really like to see exactly what you get, but it not an expensive option.
[snapback]121610[/snapback]
"Lichtpaket" is, presumably, the extended light package I've ordered. It includes extra lighting in the footwells and the load area (I think!) and LEDs under the wingmirrors to provide some illumination as you approach the car. Seemed like a "nice" option to have seeing, as you say, it's not that costly.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='Apr 29 2005, 09:26 AM
"Lichtpaket" is, presumably, the extended light package I've ordered. It includes extra lighting in the footwells and the load area (I think!) and LEDs under the wingmirrors to provide some illumination as you approach the car. Seemed like a "nice" option to have seeing, as you say, it's not that costly.
[snapback]121800[/snapback]
confirmed
Old 06-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

I have an E60 but had an E61 for 4 days last week while mine was in for warranty work.
The auto tailgate was very good, not too slow. I would go for that.
The panoramic sunroof was nice, the way both panels flip up when on vent setting is very clever, allows good air flow into front & back of car.
On the downside, when the panoramic sunroof roof interior panels are closed ( over the glass ) it was quite noisy, a lot of rattles & shaking noise coming from this, even on quite smooth roads. The E61 was only a few days old so I guess this is just the way it is rather than being faulty.

Also I have electric folding mirrors, I dont know if they do this as standard now, but I had this activated on my E60 when in for work, you can ask for it to be set up so that the mirrors close automatically when lock button on key is pressed for a few seconds ( when it would close windows too ). When car is unlocked they automatically go back to normal.. worth asking for if not already set up.