5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E61 Touring Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/)
-   -   Taken the plunge! (https://5series.net/forums/e61-touring-discussion-4/taken-plunge-10093/)

DrCarrera 04-25-2005 04:06 AM

Well, we've taken the plunge and ordered one on Saturday :

530 D Touring MANUAL
Silver Grey/ Black Dakota leather
Luxury pack, with Comfort seats (but without wood, hopefully)
Media Package
Extended light package.
Heated seats, front and rear.
Sports steering wheel (also heated!).
Automatic Tailgate.
Dimming/folding exterior mirrors (need to fit it in our garage :rolleyes: )
No model designation (easier to clean :P )
Panoramic sunroof :wub:

Got a cancelled build slot, so should get it in 6 weeks. Of course, that also means that we've only got a few days to change the spec, so if anyone thinks we've missed anything important or included anything rubbish, let me know!

marty530d 04-25-2005 06:03 AM

Nice spec (especially the roof) - what is the automatic tailgate ?

The only thing thing that I would think of adding are the Xenons they are great. The adaptive is nice but IMO just a bit of a gimmik

DrCarrera 04-25-2005 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:03 PM
Nice spec (especially the roof)? - what is the automatic tailgate ?

The only thing thing that I would think of adding are the Xenons they are great. The adaptive is nice but IMO just a bit of a gimmik
[snapback]119705[/snapback]

The auto tailgate allows the tailgate to be opened (fully) via the key remote, and closed simply by pressing a button on the tailgate itself. No more dirty hands hopefully!

Xenons would have been the next option on the list probably, but we had to draw the line somewhere!

marty530d 04-25-2005 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='Apr 25 2005, 04:16 PM
[The auto tailgate allows the tailgate to be opened (fully) via the key remote, and closed simply by pressing a button on the tailgate itself. No more dirty hands hopefully!

[snapback]119746[/snapback]

Nice feature

E60525d 04-25-2005 08:57 AM

You definetly need to upgrade the sound system. You need atleast the HiFi system and at ?350, its a bargain.

Also why not auto?

mhoutman 04-25-2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='Apr 25 2005, 01:06 PM
Well, we've taken the plunge and ordered one on Saturday :

530 D Touring MANUAL
Media Package
Extended light package.
Automatic Tailgate.
Dimming/folding exterior mirrors (need to fit it in our garage? :rolleyes:? )
No model designation (easier to clean? :P? )
Panoramic sunroof? :wub:

Got a cancelled build slot, so should get it in 6 weeks. Of course, that also means that we've only got a few days to change the spec, so if anyone thinks we've missed anything important or included anything rubbish, let me know!
[snapback]119687[/snapback]

Leave the automatic tailgate; it is just too slow.

I do not know the "contents" UK packages but I would further buy: Xenon's, Nav Pro and LOGIC7.

The Panorma roof rocks and I too have the heated sport steering wheel. Being a "chilled" old man I simply love it ;)

Heated seats everywhere is great and I have no more complaints from the rear :)

ats77 04-25-2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by mhoutman' date='Apr 25 2005, 06:18 PM
[quote name='DrCarrera' date='Apr 25 2005, 01:06 PM']Well, we've taken the plunge and ordered one on Saturday :

530 D Touring MANUAL
Media Package
Extended light package.
Automatic Tailgate.
Dimming/folding exterior mirrors (need to fit it in our garage? :rolleyes:? )
No model designation (easier to clean? :P? )
Panoramic sunroof? :wub:

[snapback]119687[/snapback]

Leave the automatic tailgate; it is just too slow.

I do not know the UK package I woul dfurther buy Xenon's, Nav pro and LOGIC7.

The Panorma roof rocks and I too have the heated Sport steering wheel. Being a "chilled" old man I simply love it ;)

Heated seats everywhere is great and I have no more complaints from the back.
[snapback]119768[/snapback]
[/quote]

If you have aut. air condition why waste some bucks on sun roof, go to the beach man and have some sun :D
comfort seats-active headrests, active seats :thumbsup:
really go for a better soud system L7 rocks

adaptive headlight-beg your pardon is no gimmik- it saves life you see more they see you sooner so go for the xenons.

are you freezing when driving go for the ///M steering wheel, leave to heating...

The wood you leave than what you have??? still matter of taste, definitely buy an e60 and you R KOOL :thumbsup:

E60525d 04-25-2005 12:40 PM

Pro nav is inc in the media pack which he has got.

DrCarrera 04-26-2005 02:12 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys. :))

We've listened to the standard Audio in several cars, and it seemed OK for our purposes. Likewise the standard lights.
And we just prefer manual to auto gearboxes. We don't do a lot of town driving, and on the open road the manual provides a better driving experience in our opinions. Although it's cheaper to buy (obviously), our dealer warned it could knock a couple of grand off residuals come resale. We're still going for it, though!

I'm a bit worried about the auto tailgate being too slow. I must confess I haven't seen it on a car - it just seemed like a good idea! How slow is SLOW, mhoutman?

The wood - even though it's included in the luxury package, we're hoping to replace it with the standard "titanium" fake metal trim. Purely personal tatse, but I don't like the lighter wood with dark leather, and the dark wood with dark leather makes it just too unrelentlessly, um, dark!

As far as I can tell, the sport stering wheel is pretty much the same as the M wheel (only without the M emblem on it). I.e. smaller diameter and thicker rim, with a round boss. Feels and looks better than the standard one.

And as for deleting the roof and going down the beach - this is England! Unlike the beach I'll hopefully be able to use the roof more than 5 days a year ... :cool:

mhoutman 04-27-2005 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='Apr 26 2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys.?? :))

I'm a bit worried about the auto tailgate being too slow. I must confess I haven't seen it on a car - it just seemed like a good idea! How slow is SLOW, mhoutman?

[snapback]120124[/snapback]

As in Holland it always rains in the UK too. At those moment you definitely will not like the Auto Tailgate.

Please compare it with 2-door cars with electric chairs and you sitting in the rear. very unpleasant waitingtime indeed.

the softclose function is a welcome addition too :)